Aftermarket Headers,,, worth it?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Aftermarket Headers,,, worth it?

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Wondering of those who have purchased after market headers,,, whether it is Sanderson's, Marv's or Mountain's,,, do you like them and if, knowing the benefits that you encountered when you installed them, VS the cost, would you buy them again? If not why? and if so why? The benefits of headers are mainly for top end breathing + better sound, yes?
Bottom line, do you like em and are they worth the cost vs benefit?

any experiences or comments are appreciated.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
hogv8

Re: Aftermarket Headers,,, worth it?

Post by hogv8 »

Grumpy said the $1800.00 Sandersons did not increase horsepower on his small block according to Dyno runs , but I'm sure they sound better than stock pipes . That's a hell of a lot of money just for a better sound I think . IMHO

Jack
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

hogv8 wrote:Grumpy said the $1800.00 Sandersons did not increase horsepower on his small block according to Dyno runs , but I'm sure they sound better than stock pipes . That's a hell of a lot of money just for a better sound I think . IMHO

Jack
Jack,
i agree that if the only benefit is sound, it will not be worth it to me. i could add 75% more and do more than sound. i do also appreciate the info, all comments are appreciated.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Darryl , The Boss needs more of a selection of style pipes . I got sick of the same old look so I found this web site http://www.pipesexhaust.com that has a good selection of different Stainless Steel tips that are made to fit over the outside our stock 2 1/2" exhaust . I bought a set of their curved tips , cut the exit end to a slash cut , figured how much and where to cut off my stock 2 1/2" and bought a set of stainless steel stepped exhaust clamps from Summit racing . My exhaust now comes out each side just past the end of the frame where the stock exhaust did but it curves up and out somewhat with a slash cut facing outward . I fabricated my own pipe hangers that attach to one of the frame split bolts but that was simple enough . If you look at my picture on the .com site you may be able to see what they look like . I think they look good and sound better than stock .
They have several different styles to choose from but the concept would be the same to install any of them and different tips could provide a different sound .

Jack
gaston 2005 502

Jack & W1ldman,

i appreciate the replies, and as you say i can get more bang for the buck with other goodies than new headers,,, now if Bill was still able to get us his ZONE discount,,,,, would that ZONE discount work on top End Kits Bill? :)

Darryl
Darryl Campbell