topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

2 nice home mades

Post by Tom »

hosszz4

Re: 2 nice home mades

Post by hosszz4 »

Mikes trike you showed below, has generated a ton of interest in San Jose. Many Harley riders have asked Mike to sell them the black trike as is. They've all been blown away by the simplicity of it.

If he had half a dozen of them, they'd all be sold for over $30K. Seems like there is a trend towards a 3 wheeler, big motor, no body, just a quick release luggage rack, and quick release fenders for the total "naked" look. Its a very old school look, thats part of the naked bike, now naked trike look that Mike was after. Not everyone's cup of tea, but as I said, its hard core Harley riders looking to go for bad-boy trike look.

I would think that it would be a hit in Europe as well. Bodies commit you to like a form or a function. Not having a body when you dont want one, is quite unique. Since this pic, Mike has put Marv's 3 D wheels on it which changes the look of the trike a bit as well. Mikes experimienting with hooking up a NOS bottle in the rear area to give it an even more bad boy look. I guess after painting my Bottle and emptying 1/2 a can of Nitrous in his front yard, I got him excited about NOS! :mrgreen:

PS...Even though San Jose has a million people, only a few Harley riders have actually seen a V8 bike, let alone a V8 trike. Dealers....great opportunity to sell "naked" V8 trikes at Harley shows. Even Harley has a trike in their catalog now! All's you do, is take a Harley with sissybar Baggage setup, add a V8 and a third wheel. Thats it! A satin black, all black paint job, and a couple slight hints of bling, and you got yourself thousands of aging bikers, wanting a crossover vehicle with more power than the harley they are afraid of dropping? Go get 'em! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Right now they're holding back on the bodies, as it makes it look like a car...they want to be bikers witha third wheel...and want to be recognized for the cajones to drive a V8 in a naked config...
Average Harley guy is spending 30-35K to get his bike right...with power ads, motor mods etc. 30-35K is the right price range for San Jose.

Cheers
Aldo
Voices in my head this week...Hendrix...Voodoo CHile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30m ... re=related
40 years later..I still get goose bumps listening to this!!

Tom

Re: 2 nice home mades

Post by Tom »

Yeah, not my cup O tea but I can still appreceiate the look. If we all liked the same style this would be a pretty boring world we live in.