Video,,,,

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Video,,,,

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I have not seen this one,, maybe ya'll have,,, but watch near the end,, pulling the front wheel hard ROLLING,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsIDo1WQS3o

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Els

Re: Video,,,,

Post by Els »

Darryl,

I know and have rode and wrenched with all those guys. The big guy with the gun metal colored Mad Max bike is Charlie Herwick down in Naples. That Boss has a 600 c.i. Donovan making close to 800 hp. Charlie's goal was to have a ratio of appx 1 hp to 1 lb of bike weight. With the aluminum motor, that required about 1,100 hp. He got my best bud Gary S. to help with the nitrous which is appx a 300 hp hit. The bike is a tire roaster...and unfortunately a belt buster and tranny destroyer. Charlie blew his last (and probably 20th) tranny while in Oklahoma this past May at the East Meets West rally. Many may remember the time he snapped a belt in Daytona right in front of the BH factory doing demo rides. Damn funny deal.

The wheelie V8 belongs to Doug K. also in Naples. The bike was originally Gary's and was always an over the top, snotty ass small block that beat most big blocks. Big nitrous hit, high compression bad ass bike. Doug took it a few steps further with performance parts and a BIG nitrous hit. He used to put a big blue 20 lb nitrous bottle across the back to give lots of ballast far rearward helping with the wheelies. I've seen a few wheelies he did at Immokalee Speedway that were really impressive.

Gary's in a few frames of that video and anyone who was in Oklahoma in May will tell you without doubt that his small block V8Chopper, the original #2 bike Stan produced, is the most bad ass tire smoker of any within the V8 community. I've had the pleasure of riding here at my home in the NC mountains with Gary and some other great buds the last few days. They just left this morning and the Smokey Mountains are quite a bit smokier than before they were here, ha ha.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Great report Els! I know just meating Gary, Crazy Charlie, and a few others in
Miami was a highlight of my year. I have watched a couple of the V-8 videos
those guys were in a hundred times and I felt like I was meeting movie stars.
It was neat to have the privilege to race with some of the badest V-8 bikers in
the world in Tulsa! :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Ron,

I too had a bunch of fun in Miami and look forward to it more than any other venue next year. I thoroughly enjoyed going to the track in Tulsa with you, Gary, David, Wildman and the rest of the folks who went. I've thought about you and your trike a bunch and was wondering how everything was going. I've been on and off the websites the last few months and wondered if you're still going to the track.

As you know, the track can be our greatest source of joy or greatest source of sorrow. We go with great expectations but it seldom unfolds as we hope. Shit breaking, can't hook up, race track jitters...I usually go home shaking my head or wanting to kick my own ass but every now and then, it's glorious. I got a great amount of satisfaction seeing Gary break 10 seconds in Tulsa (9.86) and my busting 140 mph in the quarter.

Those backyard mechanic videos are the real deal. We actually lived those scenes on an every week basis. Whether wrenching or getting out on the street and screwing around, they're great memories. I'm still hoping Charlie and Marco Mike can get something going where a production company or network sponsor would pick up the pilot and do a series. Helluva lot of fun watching that stuff.

Let me know how you're doing. Hopefully see you in Daytona next spring. Best...

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Elliot,

thanks for the reply and info. that would have to be great fun being in the ride on a regular basis or even once with that bunch. they sure do have some hot bikes, that is the biggest wheel stand on a hoss yet that i have seen and must admit their sack is WAY bigger than mine.. i like the smokies,,, but i like the front wheel planted,,, no less rolling hard like they were in one of the shots and front wheel pulling up. i can only imagine the adrenaline shot..

Darryl
Darryl Campbell