10 minute Boss Hoss and R1 Video

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Bryan

10 minute Boss Hoss and R1 Video

Post by Bryan »

We get a bunch of oilfield type guys together every Thursday afternoon all summer long and do a ride out into the countryside somewhere. Anyway this new guy showed up on an R1 Yamaha with a very cool video camera mounted inside his helmet. He had never seen a Boss Hoss up close before and of course had the usual 20 questions. I let him sit on the bike and started it for him, which again brought the usual reactions, like"Holy Shit", etc.
Then I did a couple smalll burnouts, (not much smoke because it was so cold out) and a little race at the end. Enjoy...........

http://www.sitefile.org/view_video_12-o ... rs+1+5.htm

He also has a whole bunch more clips from the same ride along the right side when you click on Youtube.

Bryan
AR

Re: 10 minute Boss Hoss and R1 Video

Post by AR »

cool vid Bryan! I laughed at the 'start' reaction as i was at a show a week or so ago and gave about a dozen 'sit and start it' opportunities. I remember my first one like it was yesterday.

Thanks for posting! 8-)

AR.
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

Hi Bryan, I liked the video to. Sounds like the Stage 2 is working like a Champ ! ! !

Carburetor Mike
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Bryan,

I too had a good laugh about the R1 rider and how overwhelmed he was when he started your bike :-)

He seems to be a real good motorcycle fellow cause he doesn't talk the Boss Hoss down. My brother rides a new GSXR 1000 and he loves the Boss Hoss. I too can understand their need for (high)speed, and appreciate their bikes as well. I thought several times about borrowing my brothers GSXR for a 300 kmh ride on the Autobahn...but then again, I'm afraid of this 170kg, 180HP, front wheel lifting lightweight...hahahaha...and my brother is afraid to ride my 600kg Boss Hoss...hahahahha...

I also was more than surprised about the good quality of his helmet cam! Man, I wish I had something like this for me.

Loaf
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

That was simply a GREAT video! Just loved the guys reaction to the
Boss Hoss starting up and the shock and awe he expressed! :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
carburetormike

Re: 10 second Boss Hoss and Tire Smoke Video

Post by carburetormike »

[youtube]lJP24r1r-z8[/youtube]
carburetormike

Post by carburetormike »

Hi Mike, Thanks !

Carby Mike
Last edited by carburetormike on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Bryan -

It was a great video and your a great ambassader for the Boss. I've done the same thing with a new guy, let them sit on the bike and start it and you have them hooked! He'll never get that excitement out of his head now, you may have sold a Boss in the future. I posted a video response so he gets to see plenty of smoke too :D I was going to post Wild Bill's burnout in Daytona but figured a rolling burn would be better to show ...

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Bryan,

Is this the Blue bike you referred to (before your comments were deleted)?

Leroy Larson and his bad 406, 571 HP!

Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Harold,

Yes, that would be him. There aren't many bikes around that will light up like that one.

Bryan
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'm diggin' that video clip BIG TIME Bryan! I should figure a way to rig up MY video camera. Too bad it's so close to non-riding season. But that'll give me a winter to figure out a mounting system.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada