Rough Idle ...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Rough Idle ...

Post by V-MAN »

Just goofing around today ... Almost time to get the bike ready for winter so I did a lttle maint. After all this time I still love the way the engine runs and it's just getting broke in.

phpBB [video]

I had to turn the "steady shot" off on the camera because it sounded awesome but took all the shake out of the video! :lol: I knew it shook but did not realize how mch until I saw the video! I LOVE it ...

PS
Tried to do the embedding thing from You Tube but it's beyond me, I couldn't figure it out!
:oops:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

AR

Re: Rough Idle ...

Post by AR »

Haha...thanks for posting! we love the way it idles too Vman.

I like your drag bars too - can i ask where you got them and what model are they?

Thas,

AR.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Aussiefahrt wrote:Haha...thanks for posting! we love the way it idles too Vman.

I like your drag bars too - can i ask where you got them and what model are they?

Thas,

AR.
Thanks - The bars are made by a company Wild 1 and they're Chubby Bars. I've had them on the bike for about five years now, I'll look and see if I can get you a model number. I like the way they look on the bike BUT the stock beach bars probably make the bike handle easier (slow speed situations) just because the "leverage" thing.

PS
Thanks to whoever fixed the You Tube link for me!

Ric

Post by Ric »

Your bike almost sounds like my 502. I would have posted a clip of mine idling on your thread... to show just how similar they sound. But maybe that's rude to do that.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
AR

Post by AR »

by my ear the stroker sounds more 'race ready' if that makes sense. Can idle at higher rpms without loosing the lope. Totally different attitude from a 502. Fuck i just want 1 of each! :lol:
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ric wrote:Your bike almost sounds like my 502. I would have posted a clip of mine idling on your thread... to show just how similar they sound. But maybe that's rude to do that.

Ric -

NOT rude at all ... post your video dude! I've ridden with lot of BB and they sound a little similiar. I think a well built SB is a big surprise to many people ... LOTS and LOTS of attitude ... people expect the attitude with a BB.

Don

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

W1LDMAN wrote:On the youtube posts we are working on completing the work on the site to make it easy to post the videos yourself. If you post a youtube link I will edit it so it plays in your post until then.

You must have fixed mine :? THANKS!

Ric

Post by Ric »

Coming at you Canadain style

phpBB [video]

Ric

Post by Ric »

That last vid was inside my shop.... this next one is outside.

phpBB [video]

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Great videos Ric, the first video when you turned the ignition on ... was that the fuel or water pump I heard? Whichever it was it's LOUD, much louder then ussual. You may want to check it out, I'd hate to see either one take a crap with you on the road someplace ...

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Thas,

AR.
Sorry Aussie, I have looked and can't seem to find paperwork on the handlebars for the model number. If you like I can get you all the measurements?

V

Ric

Post by Ric »

V-MAN wrote:Great videos Ric, the first video when you turned the ignition on ... was that the fuel or water pump I heard? Whichever it was it's LOUD, much louder then ussual. You may want to check it out, I'd hate to see either one take a crap with you on the road someplace ...

Nah... not to worry V... The camera is 'amplifying' that sound of the fuel pump. It sounds like most any other Boss Hoss pump so far. The camera was only inches away from the fuel pump when I leaned down to turn on the fuel valve.

But I AM going to add a new fuel pump to my spare parts for bike trips.

You likely heard the squeal of the serpentine belt too when I revved the motor. I'm replacing that this winter, having the bearings swapped out in the Alternator, and keep the old belt as a spare.

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ric wrote:
V-MAN wrote:Great videos Ric, the first video when you turned the ignition on ... was that the fuel or water pump I heard? Whichever it was it's LOUD, much louder then ussual. You may want to check it out, I'd hate to see either one take a crap with you on the road someplace ...

Nah... not to worry V... The camera is 'amplifying' that sound of the fuel pump. It sounds like most any other Boss Hoss pump so far. The camera was only inches away from the fuel pump when I leaned down to turn on the fuel valve.

But I AM going to add a new fuel pump to my spare parts for bike trips.

You likely heard the squeal of the serpentine belt too when I revved the motor. I'm replacing that this winter, having the bearings swapped out in the Alternator, and keep the old belt as a spare.
Image Gotch ya, that's cool. I only said something because my fuel pump did take a dump on me in Daytona (no warning at all) and it wasn't fun pushing my bike North on A1A to reach a side street! Then I had to catch a ride to auto store ... lucky I found a pump I could use at the second store I went to. I'm sure where you live the push would be much furthur then I had! :shock: Always good to have a spare ...

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

V-MAN wrote:

Thas,

AR.
Sorry Aussie, I have looked and can't seem to find paperwork on the handlebars for the model number. If you like I can get you all the measurements?

V
Don , those bars look like they could be Flanders bars ? I had a set of Flanders bars that looked very similar to those .

Jack
Last edited by hogv8 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR

Post by AR »

hogv8 wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

Thas,

AR.

V
Don , those bars look like they could be Flanders bars ? I had a set of Flanders bars that look very similar to those .

Jack
Measurements would be cool Don...i'd rather get them locally now that Christmas is almost here and my money is history, amongst other lemon scented unforseen bills :evil:

Thanks,

Rob.
Els

Post by Els »

Cool videos listening to the two different motors. Both sound very snotty. Am I allowed to use that word?

E
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image