Winter time

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

Winter time

Post by Tom »

Winter is always good for tinkering if nothing else. Been playing in the garage... My chopper is now set up with a passenger backrest... rear seat... quick release windshield for the long trips... And a little 100hp NOS shot for fun....

Redtro

Re: Winter time

Post by Redtro »

I can't wait to see what you finally wind up with. I'll bet that thing will be SMOKING!!!
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Looking forward to seeing you and your bike in Miami. If nothing changes between now and may I am moving 50 miles closer to Miami within the next 2 weeks and will have a long 100 mile ride to the rally.

Shane
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

For whatever reason, the pics of your chopper look a whole load better here than the "other" site. Please don't let my tongue lashing of your friend get in the way of our friendship. As a matter of fact, I'll be seeing him in January and we can certainly break bread. I said what I felt I had to say.

I'm anxious to hear what you think of the chopper especially with the mods. I don't recall if your bike was the stock 350 or a ZZ4. Either way, the voodoo you do to it will undoubtedly make it snotty and awesome. Looks fantastic!

Elliot
Last edited by Els on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Tom, your bike looks great. Your bikes are always "first cabin" Dave

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the kind words... My bike has the ZZ4 motor with a cam kit. Can`t wait for the rain and frost to clear so I can twist it`s tail a little.
As far as anyone`s feelings for my pal Adrian.... I have a lot of friends that don`t necessarily get along with each other but they are still my friends. For me to choose sides would be be close minded on my part and my loss so I don`t go there.
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

All is good whether stock 350 or ZZ4 but you've got a leg up with the ZZ4. I went with 100 hp shot as well not wanting to test the piston limits. Like you, I don't have forged. It actually worked great because with the 300 tire, the 100 shot doesn't just put it up in smoke like higher shots may do. When one thinks about a 100 hp at the touch of a button, it's great!

No one wanting anyone to take sides with respect to Adrian or the other board. Personally, Adrian and I are fine, we've talked, and folks can still get along without seeing eye to eye on everything. It's a non event with me and I believe the same with him.

I am too simple minded to go back and forth between the boards too much so I pretty well make a habit of hanging around one site. Not to say I can't go and read here and there, just tend to shoot my mouth off on one site and this one works best for me. More comfortable with a more degenerate crowd.

We all have a certain amount of brand loyalty in spite of having had Fords and Chevy's in my drive at the same time. Still, it's good to see the V8Chopper family getting bigger and more notorious especially with guys who are willing to twist it up. You, Ron, Kidd and I'm sure others I'm forgetting are great recent additions to this family. Beautiful chopper!...

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:Els, there is a rumor going around that Elvis is going to run circles around your V8 Chopper (them is fighting words) at Miam uh and he don't need no stinkin nitrous. :lol:

WM,

You're a BIG trouble maker! Elvis would be one of the guys to worry about based on last year's performance...if I had a highly competitive spirit this coming year. There's going to be some heavyweight action with some great hardware. Not to mention my hardly ever being able to beat Gary because he's just got such unreal reaction time and is the most aggressive SOB on the track I know. Ain't that weird because off the track, everyone thinks he's half asleep and the most mild mannered, quiet , laid back guy around :geek: ! Go figure.

Back in the old days at the track especially while in H.S. and college, it was balls to the walls, "I've got to beat the guys next to me" mentality. My competitive spirit has given way to just having fun. Win, lose, or draw, great ET or not so great ET, it's a fun deal to me. If I see a bud run a great time, I'm as excited as if I ran it. That's why I hope we have lots of folks who go to the track in Miami this next rally...including you! That was great fun watching you bust your cherry. 8-)

Elliot
Image Image Image