HEY GEEZ, RACE TRACK STUFF HERE!...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

HEY GEEZ, RACE TRACK STUFF HERE!...

Post by Els »

Hopefully we can get Geezer to post the track stuff for East Meets West in May here on this board. I look at the other site at the track thread and there's all this chatter about anything other than racing. Guess the moderators feel 50's music, travel and other subjects are bike stuff and don't need to be moved. Now that I got that out...

It appears a lot of the track participants who have ponied up and said they're going, whether spectator or racing, are participants on this board. Let's try and keep it going here too in the hopes that we'll have plenty of folks joining. There was a census on the other board of folks posting if they're coming. If we could get those who use this board to do the same it would be great.

"I'm fucking going"! :shock:

Geez, if you're looking in, any news that comes up, please post here in addition to there. Thanks...

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Geezer

Re: HEY GEEZ, RACE TRACK STUFF HERE!...

Post by Geezer »

EL;

Still haven't received any reply from Carl, and the track phone number is stuck on a
recording from back in November......

After the 1st of the year, I will get more agressive, and if all else fails, send Shane,
who lives 30 miles from the track, on a man hunt. I am currently saving up as I know
it will cost me a few lap dances to motivate him........Damn kids........... (.)<
Tom

Post by Tom »

Els... I hear ya and said as much on the other board... Anyway... I`m fucking in!!!!
Els

Post by Els »

Geez, as I've said before, thanks for all you are doing to bird dog the info and get us lined up at the track. Not only this coming year but LAST year! I'm anxious to hear the numbers ($$$'s) as Dave (Squirm) has asked how much to see if there's a shot at getting both lanes rented and what we can expect to pay. One way or another, we'll have a blast having it exclusively, one lane or both. As discussed, the more participation we have, the more ways the bill is divisible. Very cool that some of the spectators have volunteered to kick in.

Tom, I'm perplexed that more of the BH crowd won't get involved in racing here. That's maybe part of the thread "going south" as I just peeked at it on the other site. Folks just not interested? Deb either said she's racing her trike or got volunteered to :shock: and WM may go again just based on him racing last year and having a blast. Two Bosses. Other than Elvis and Pete, everyone else signing up are V8Choppers racing! What's with that?! :?

I'm trying to convince all the BH folks that they can safely run at the track without needing to shift. We've made hundreds of passes on the Bosses doing the 1/8th. It's every bit as much fun. If the BH folks don't start ponying up to the tree, my dark side may come out and start slinging shit.

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

[quote="V8 Chopper"]Els,

As mentioned to you and Geezer I wanted to point out that after cleaning my carb on the white bike, I realized the the linkage was set in such a way that the 4 barrels were not opening. It will be a real exciting ride now. After changing engines, manifolds, and adding nitrous plates somewhere I forgot to check it. Oh well a find like that for me is kind of like finding Jesus....

Hey David is that why I smoked your ass so bad in Tulsa? Think I will retire undefeated!!

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

V8 Chopper wrote:Els,

As mentioned to you and Geezer I wanted to point out that after cleaning my carb on the white bike, I realized the the linkage was set in such a way that the 4 barrels were not opening. It will be a real exciting ride now. After changing engines, manifolds, and adding nitrous plates somewhere I forgot to check it. Oh well a find like that for me is kind of like finding Jesus....

Catch you soon.

David

That bike was scary fast when I grabbed a handful of throttle. I can't imagine they weren't opening. That's about as cheap as one can get finding HP you lucky dog!

I will take for granted that you posting that on THIS thread means you're going to bring that snotty devil to the track and race. It's about time you showed up on the "A" site bro' 8-) ......let's see you here regularly!

Don't let fewer members or number of posts throw you, this site is where it's at. We'll make sure this is Race Central when it comes to keeping up with track events in Oklahoma.

Els
Image Image Image
Kidd

Post by Kidd »

well hopefully I will have a new hi stall converter in by then but I am in can't wait to see how much better the chopper will run down the track than the Boss did in laughlin oh boy oh boy oh boy just 5 more days
Live Respected and Die Regretted- Kidd

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Perv:

Ya puss................

You need a 832 1/2 CI motor in that trike...........
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Geezer wrote:Perv:

Ya puss................

You need a 832 1/2 CI motor in that trike...........

Geezer,
Give me your address so I can bring the trike up for you
to install the new 832 1/2 motor. And please add NOS. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Ron,

If he doesn't have that motor standing by, tell Geez to use the one out of his Willy's or the 'Stang. Hard to believe he's running around in that go-kart with such a history of seriously big guns...

Els
Image Image Image
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

El, easy question to answer......

[youtube]wfI_FhG4l4I[/youtube]

http://www.toilette-humor.com/old_folks ... mers.shtml

Merry Christmas
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

V8 Chopper wrote:Mike,

I believe your bike ran an 11.18 1/4 mile without NOS. You should be in good shape with Nos and a high stall converter. I would expect around a 10.0-10.2 at around 140 mph.

David

I would think 140 in 1st with stock gearing would be really over revving a SB but I may be wrong ??

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Geez, I LMA...oops, don't have to do that crap any more. I laughed my ass off to that one! Boy, what we have to look forward to!

David, I remember Mike doing great and if that time you suggest is accurate, it would wipe any of the very hot 4 wheelers ass such as a Z06, Viper, etc. What I don't remember and maybe you or Mike can help with, how did Mike do the 1/4 as far as shifting?

Jack's question/comment is right on. We would be pretty near our rev limit with the Bosses and Nesco at the end of the 1/8th. No way to get to the 1/4 mile in 1st gear unless it's a single speed.

Elliot
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Geezer that was simpy too damn funny.

Except that much of it is true.

I think David is getting just a touch optimistic with
his 1/4 estimates. Getting that V-8 chopper under
10.40 would in my opinion be quite an achievement.

But them what the fuck do I know.

....Johnston, Iowa
Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Damn its great to hear specs on what my Soon to be new bike will do,
I wonder if his runs were with the diffrent sprocket and chain on it Wag said it has 2 to change gearing?
I am going to order a high stall converter from stan as soon as I get back,
Is it wrong to look more forward to taking a new bike apart than riding it?????
We got a damn blizzard here wish i would have got it last week then I could be in the garage breaking bolts
Mike
Live Respected and Die Regretted- Kidd

Els

Post by Els »

V8 Chopper wrote:Mike,

I believe your bike ran an 11.18 1/4 mile without NOS. You should be in good shape with Nos and a high stall converter. I would expect around a 10.0-10.2 at around 140 mph.

David

David,

Wet the bed Fred...you didn't address my post :evil: ! Just let me stay all dazed and confused :? thinking "Mike" is Mike Koehn (WM) instead of my just figuring out :idea: that "Mike" must be Mike ____ a.k.a. "Kidd". If the rest of my detective shit is right, Jack may have thought the same thing :?: Jack, am I the only one corn-fused?

After all that's said and done, sounds like your estimates will be about right replacing "Mike" K's stroker BH with "Mike" Kidd's new chopper.

Now, back to Mike Koehn, a.k.a. Wildman... When we were at the track in Tulsa, did you run the 1/8th or 1/4 ? If you did run the 1/4, did you shift? Specifics please so I can get my head out of my ass and figure this out.

Els
Last edited by Els on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Els wrote:Geez, I LMA...oops, don't have to do that crap any more. I laughed my ass off to that one! Boy, what we have to look forward to!

David, I remember Mike doing great and if that time you suggest is accurate, it would wipe any of the very hot 4 wheelers ass such as a Z06, Viper, etc. What I don't remember and maybe you or Mike can help with, how did Mike do the 1/4 as far as shifting?

Jack's question/comment is right on. We would be pretty near our rev limit with the Bosses and Nesco at the end of the 1/8th. No way to get to the 1/4 mile in 1st gear unless it's a single speed.

Elliot
Several posts have been made since I started typing this but here it is anyway, some has already been said but it will fill in some other blanks.

I am assuming David is referring to the chopper that Mike Fanning is buying with the 11.18 1/4 mile, not sure who it was that has ran it down the track. Wildman, Mike ran a 11.062 at 104.94 in the 1/4 only using first gear and letting off the throttle before the 1/4 mile mark, not sure what his top speed was but he was going 107.15 when he passed the 1/8 mile point of the track. His 1/8 mile time was 7.092. Very impressive times especially for his first time down the track.

As for if I am going to run my bike at the track, there is still a lot we need to find out before I will even think about it. Need to know if we are even going to be able to rent the track, what rules we will have to follow. Honestly I don't care that much about racing it is fun to do at times and I have raced Ron the last 2 years at Conesville. I am sure I will be at the track and depending on rules and such we will see what I decide when we get there.

Shane
Els

Post by Els »

SRF wrote:Wildman, Mike ran a 11.062 at 104.94 in the 1/4 only using first gear and letting off the throttle before the 1/4 mile mark, not sure what his top speed was but he was going 107.15 when he passed the 1/8 mile point of the track. His 1/8 mile time was 7.092. Very impressive times especially for his first time down the track.

Shane

Huh, I just thought I was confused earlier :? Something wrong here Shane. Mike (WM) was slower a little over 2 mph from the 1/8th mile to the 1/4? The times sounded ok but the mph doesn't compute unless you made a typo.

I can't imagine any BH running through the entire 1/4 mile in 1st gear unless it's a pre 2000 single speed. We near redlined our big blocks and small blocks running the 1/8th. The times/mph sound about right based on what we've experienced but you can't be at 5,000+ rpm at the 1/8th and go another 1/8th mile without shifting unless you have perhaps an 8,000+ rpm redline.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

SRF wrote: .......Wildman, Mike ran a 11.062 at 104.94 in the 1/4 only using first gear and letting off the throttle before the 1/4 mile mark,......Shane
Els

Post by Els »

I hear what's being said here but it still doesn't sound quite right. If WM get off the throttle prior to going through the traps, yes, the speed would bleed off so I get that now. Had to think about it again and the "letting off the throttle" explains this. It also suggests the time would have been better if he was able to stay at WOT instead of getting off it.

How about the other piece? How did the BH have enough RPM left in first to make it almost through the 1/4 when we've had lifters making noise at the end of the 1/8th? As mentioned earlier, perhaps Mike's motor is higher revving than I'm envisioning?

It would help if WM would get his ass out of the cow pastures and clarify HIS runs at Tulsa :roll: Earth to Wildman...

Els
Image Image Image
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Quote - Now, back to Mike Koehn, a.k.a. Wildman... When we were at the track in Tucson, did you run the 1/8th or 1/4 ? If you did run the 1/4, did you shift? Specifics please so I can get my head out of my ass and figure this out.

You mean Miami ???............

See previous video on this post.............haha........... :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

Geezer wrote:Quote - Now, back to Mike Koehn, a.k.a. Wildman... When we were at the track in Tucson, did you run the 1/8th or 1/4 ? If you did run the 1/4, did you shift? Specifics please so I can get my head out of my ass and figure this out.

You mean Miami ???............

See previous video on this post.............haha........... :lol:

Geez, you ol' fart. Go check my original post. Whaddya mean suggesting I said "Tucson"? Your eyes ok ol' fella? Don't pay any attention to any little "edit" note on the bottom of my post. Would I have done such a thing as go back and edit to try and wiggle out of this? :lol:

And to further fuel us BOTH being ol' farts, there is no track in Miami. Sorry, couldn't resist. (.)<

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Hey you boys waiting for the straight story from Wildman probably have
a very long wait! Mike was so excited he most likely won't know himself.

I still remember my first trip down the 1/8 mile ot Conesville and here
is a brief recap. I have no fucking idea what I was doing as I was as nervous
at a whore in church. All I know is taking a V-8 bike/trike down the dragstrip
is to me the single most exciting thing this old man does. This summer I again
raced my V-8 chopper trike at a little 1/8 mile strip in Eddyville Ia and beat a couple
rice bikes and a BIG Black dude on a Hyabusa and afterwards he commented
"man that motherfucker sure does run" . That pretty much made my summer.
Like I said on the censored site I can't imagion owning a V-8 bike/trike that I
couldn't make a couple passes at the strip with.

I can't wait for Miami. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

Good stuff! Now it helps clarify a few things that I'd like to throw out there about the 1/4 miles which I've made reference to in past posts. Before I do, I thought you did great and most important, you had a lot of fun which is why we were there. Very cool pic. Gary and I got ours hanging proudly in V8Choppers shop. I was flattered that Stan hung them in plain view for everyone. Our times/speed were superimposed. Unfortunately, I didn't have mine forged so everyone would have been fooled into thinking I beat Gary. :roll:

If you would have ever had one of your runs where it was balls to the walls from the go until you went through the 1/4 mile, it would have required a shift...no doubt about it. Not being WOT or backing off, feathering the throttle, etc makes a big difference as far as reaching red line.

The reason Kimi said "it didn't matter" at the light is, the clock doesn't start until you break the beam. It would have made a difference if there was a bike next to and you guys were heads up racing. That's actually the advantage of having one lane at the track vs two. Screw the light. Doesn't matter.

I hope you're able to convince some of the other BH riders how much fun it was and especially running the 1/8th, nothing's going to break. That's no more than most of us do on the street light to light. Barely 100 mph and no shift.

We'll have to put something together as far as an after track party for those who go to the track..whether racing or in the stands. Kind of a "be there or be square deal". All these folks hanging nitrous bottles and decals or paint with horsepower claims have got to do more than decorate parking lots or do a burnout. :?

Els
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Don't forget about Ron's 6.33 at 229.7mph :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff76 ... 200mph.flv

Shane