Yahoo site

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
KrautV8

Re: Yahoo site

Post by KrautV8 »

Geezer wrote:....Hell I can remember
when you saw a Boss Hoss you knew who owned it, but these days with the
number of units on the road, that doesn't happen very offten.
Geez
Geezer,
that's the same direction over here in Europe. A couple of years ago, when we were about 50 to 70 Boss Hoss riders, everyone knew each other and the other's bike, wife, kids, etc...

Not today, almost two hundred bikes registered in Germany alone and still growing numbers. New faces at every event. Sometimes I don't know if that's good or bad...hahahaha...

Olaf
AR

Post by AR »

Tom wrote:I don`t know how you stayed sane Olaf... I waited two months for my first V8 and about went nuts!!!
Took nearly a year to get mine after i paid for it...site unseen. Ordered a 2000 model & ended up with a 2001. Monte used to correspond directly with customers those days and that helped make the wait part of the fun.

I think its a little easier for us internationals to cope with waiting a while as we cant quite believe the local authorities are silly enough to let these V8 machines into the country in the first place :lol: Still cant believe it!
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

KrautV8 wrote: Elvis,
You had some monster sized "Boss Hoss Turtles" in your garden. Them alligator snappys looked like monsters ....real scary! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Do you still have the pics? And the turtles?Olaf
http://members.cox.net/hemicide/hemicide/Goliath.html
http://members.cox.net/hemicide/hemicid ... ppers.html
Els

Post by Els »

Elvis,

That sure brings back cool memories. I remember those turtles and thought then as now...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS GUY?! Those dudes could pop a finger off about as easy as a real hot knife through butter yes? The ones I used to come across down in the Glades were bad tempered devils too. I can hear the "hissing" now. Details please...

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Right now they're all just chilling in the cold weather. They wont start eating again until March, so they're low maintenance in the winter. The large one is about 120 lbs.by now, the smaller ones are between 30 and 40 lbs.
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Elvis wrote:
KrautV8 wrote: Elvis,
You had some monster sized "Boss Hoss Turtles" in your garden. Them alligator snappys looked like monsters ....real scary! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Do you still have the pics? And the turtles?Olaf
http://members.cox.net/hemicide/hemicide/Goliath.html
http://members.cox.net/hemicide/hemicid ... ppers.html

Huuh! Like I said before- real scary animals....hahahaha....Man, 120 pounds is more than Ramona weights. I wonder how Goliath would do and look on my back seat instead of Ramona...hahaha...

Elvis, did they ever bite you? I think I would trust a 300 lb. Mastiff more than these turtles. I met a guy in Yellowstone Park years ago. His dog was such a (he said almost 300 lb.) Mastiff. I love dogs, but that puppy was just unreal. Same presence like your turtles. Sure would like to see your turtles with my own eyes - but only from a respectfully, far distance 8-)

Olaf
Last edited by KrautV8 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KISS

Post by KISS »

Everything is BIG in America! :o HUH
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

KrautV8 wrote: ....Elvis, did they ever bite you? ...Olaf
No bites yet, but if I change my name from Elvis to Lefty, you'll know what happened. :)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Does anyone have a link to the pics referenced in this thread? Sounds like there were great ones!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

No more links, Cox Cable stopped hosting the web pages they were on.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Shit! Thanks anyway Elvis.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

What a bunch of cox!!
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/