Boss hoss dealers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
BossHossAZ

Re: Boss hoss dealers

Post by BossHossAZ »

arizona outlaw wrote:Wow Wow Wow..I haven't been on here for a while, actually I have I life outside of the V8 forum. Just to let everyone catch up. Arizona bike week was a good time, but I was there looking forward to meeting Ricky. I actually wanted to see if he was going to Punch me in the Face and Strangle me like he says on here. I also had a good friend and golfing buddy with me, the local sheriff that also wanted to meet him. As for CanuckHoss saying I have a personal Vendetta against Ricky, well I don't even know him except for the crap that's written on this Forum. That's why I wanted to meet him in Arizona. I am not sure what's going on with dealers dropping out and cant really comment on that, But what I do know is that they are advertising their Demo trikes on Ebay. The season isn't even close to being over and they are trying to sell off demo bikes so soon. Is BH bringing out a whole new line to replace them or is this their new Dealer Network Ebay????? I personally think that having a dealer network is the most important part of owning a company like this. Not sure how this is all going to play out, but I don't think very well!!! What else is going on that I have missed here????
Funny thing is.... I was there all weekend and didn't see you.

For sure BH is selling their demo bikes, all the bikes/trikes are for sale and will always be for sale. If you were there at the AZ show you would know that, anyone could have brought some cash and drove one home that weekend.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

CanuckHoss wrote:I tend to agree. Not enough guys around with the knowledge to complete a home built "anything"
Are there more guys willing to try it or guys who can afford to buy it? I'm really looking at it from the perspective of - there are a ton of guys who don't know what they're missing and they can't take a new V8 bike seriously because of the extremely high cost of admission.

For the record, I don't disagree. My generation sucks. I don't think you'll find a lot of "Look at this Boss Hoss I built" posts on Facebook.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Any consideration for a trike kit? I'd like to get myself a '57 style bike, but the $60k price range is a little out of my capability. Building one a little at at a time (pieces and funds) would be a blast!
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Tx Outlaw wrote:Any consideration for a trike kit? I'd like to get myself a '57 style bike, but the $60k price range is a little out of my capability. Building one a little at at a time (pieces and funds) would be a blast!
$46,900 completely assembled 445 trike, unpainted; how many do you want?

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Grand Canard wrote:
Tx Outlaw wrote:Any consideration for a trike kit? I'd like to get myself a '57 style bike, but the $60k price range is a little out of my capability. Building one a little at at a time (pieces and funds) would be a blast!
THAT is a competitive price! There are Hardly trikes going for that.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Less than the price of 2 x starting price, no options HD trikes and in a parking lot with 2 of those and one BH trike which one are they all looking at, talking about and listening to?

Sometimes potato-potato-potato seems like small fries! You can use that Rick any time.

And which is more American made and fitted?
Gordon from England
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Grand Canard wrote: $46,900 completely assembled 445 trike, unpainted; how many do you want?
That is an excellent price! Hopefully, it doesn't escalate too much before I can get another one. Just got the '15 Gazngster for the wife last year........
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

petitemoose wrote:
Grand Canard wrote:
THAT is a competitive price! There are Hardly trikes going for that.
A REALLY competitive price for Hardly trikes would be a LS 300(4.8 liter) Boss Hoss trike IMO, but unfortunately Ricky & company phased that engine out.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Triker wrote:
A REALLY competitive price for Hardly trikes would be a LS 300(4.8 liter) Boss Hoss trike IMO, but unfortunately Ricky & company phased that engine out.
I agree....at least it was "entry level" , $45,000 out the door painted...a steal at $39,999 on the 25th Anniversary...compared with most other companies...bang for your buck was awesome!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

CanuckHoss wrote:
Triker wrote:
I agree....at least it was "entry level" , $45,000 out the door painted...a steal at $39,999 on the 25th Anniversary...compared with most other companies...bang for your buck was awesome!!
Exactly why I sold my '12 Street Glide (against my wife's wishes) that I just got adapted to my liking to buy the Gangsta trike. We got into a brand new bike for less than people were selling used ones. This bike will eventually be her solo rider and I will get another........
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Tx Outlaw wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
Triker wrote:
Exactly why I sold my '12 Street Glide (against my wife's wishes) that I just got adapted to my liking to buy the Gangsta trike. We got into a brand new bike for less than people were selling used ones. This bike will eventually be her solo rider and I will get another........
What is the sales tax in Texas? It's 6% in Michigan.
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

CanuckHoss wrote:
TXscooterguy wrote:
craig haymaker wrote:It is not easy to be a Boss Hoss dealer, and for sure is not going to work if that is ones only source of business income!
In the Dallas / Fort Worth area, Texas Boss Hoss Cycles' only business was Boss Hoss. I dropped by the store yesterday. The door was locked, the walls were empty, the back counter was gone. Wow! I talked to Curtis a little while ago and he said his landlord had raised the rent on the shop to the point where he said he wasn't sure he could continue. If you've met Curtis you know he's a great guy and Boss Hoss will miss having him as a dealer. I hope he continues as a Boss Hoss Service Center.

I met Curtis in 2013 at Sturgis and he is seemed like stand up / genuine great guy. Wish I could visit him more often. I hope things work out.

Everyone who has never owned a Business...any kind of business... and has just worked for a living does not have any idea what it takes to make even a small business go. And that is not a knock against them...just a fact...you have to walk a mile in someone's shoes to know what it is like.

People look at my business and think I am getting rich....it employs 8 people almost year round...they get paid FIRST along with every other expense and then I take what is left... if any...not complaining just telling it like it is. I have been very very blessed with my business and have some of the best loyal customers around regardless of the brand of bike they have.

Things are getting shook up as it will be with new owners of any business and it will eventually settle itself out.
Barry, Curtis is semi retired. The rent thing was the kicker among other things. He is still doing work but by appointment only now.
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Triker wrote:
Tx Outlaw wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
Triker wrote:
What is the sales tax in Texas? It's 6% in Michigan.
6.25%
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Apparently Ron from Wildrose Boss Hoss in Oregon has retired.

I believe that the Factory's biggest issue will be finding dealers... a dealer network is a must...they seem to be doing the necessary changes so now the sales need to come.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham