Miami Oklahoma PIc's

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: Miami Oklahoma PIc's

Post by SRF »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Damn looks like Deb and I left too early! :oops:

Glad to see everyone still having a great time.

Did Martins 11:30 am guest ever arrive?
He says there was no guest, but odd thing was he disappeared between 11:30 and 12:30 before we had lunch :roll:

Shane
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

SRF wrote:Still having a great time here in Miami. Had a little jump rope action tonight. Check out 1 competitors uniform odd set up starts out as shorts, then the pants reach to his ankles, next thing we know his pants are around his ankles. Was hanging out in the tent next thing we know Hogg has disappeared leaving only an empty chair and a can of beer, but Bryan was still going strong.
Wildman's jump rope action is my favorite...hahahaha...too fuckin funny. That's why I love him so much :lol:

Seems like the EMW party was a great success!!!
Mike, come over the pond in 2010 again, ok? Please promise that to me, bro.

Loaf
Last edited by KrautV8 on Mon May 25, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

he he he thanks for the pic's and glad all had a good time

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
KISS

Post by KISS »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image

Alright. Wildman has to explain a little about how this all came down (no pun intended) :twisted: and his thoughts on jump rope technique. La Crosse is coming ya know.

Bryan, Hogg, Pammy, Shane and me decided to take a look in the tent at 2 am in the morning after having a few Jacky and Cokes. I saw Shane had the jump rope hanging around his neck and thought "Hey whats the big deal about the jump roping anyway. Wildman use to do a bit of jump roping 30 years ago and thought he would show off a little that he could do it.

At first I was gonna skip rope one foot at a time as Shane said there wasnt any rules but I could feel the drinks a little and didnt want to break the rope or splatter myself on the asphalt in front of my new friends Bryan and Hogg so decided jut to go with a simpler two feet flat footed jump. Bryan and Hogg said not to beat the glitter off the rope or break it so there was even more pressure on me before I got going. I started off slow somewhere around 5 to 6 strokes a minute and I was feeling pretty good with how it was going and decide to ramp it up a bit. I got up between 8 or 9 strokes a minute and wham down came my pants to my ankles. :evil: It all happened so fast. In a split second things went from great to complete disaster. What did we learn? Definitely a good idea to wear a belt or at the very least clean underwear and jump roping isn't as easy as it looks. Good Luck in La Crosse. WM 8-)

Hey Shane, thanks a bunch for all the pics you took and posted!! I know everyone appreciated seeing them and thanks for all the help with my bike at the dragstrip.
Next time you have to take your heavy wallet out of your rear pocket! :o :lol:
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

It's tough being back at work this morning, but looking at these pictures makes me feel like I'm still there. We had a great time and it was good seeing those who were there.
Els

Post by Els »

Iowa 57 chevy wrote:
hogv8 wrote:I'd like to know some of the racing results , who won the race between WM and ELs , Grumpy and Stu if they raced and any other race results .

I'm not sure if Wildman and Elliot actually raced heads up but I did see
Wildmans time slip and I believe he ran right at 11 seconds but he
let off on the gas way to early and certainly would have ran quite
a bit faster if he would have stayed on it. Guess he started stroking
it after the 1/8 mile mark. :twisted:

I'm not sure of Els ET but it wasn't very fast as he just fried his tire
and couldn't hook up. He did run over 141mph so his scooter is fast
if he could just get the tire to hook up.

I ran 6:55 in the 1/8 and 10:30 in the 1/4 on my trike and really
thought I could go faster but just couldn't find enough traction.

In my opinion the star of the show was Gary on his V8 chopper
I believe he ran something like 9.80 at 150 mph.

Ron, your trike ran great and those are fantastic times...especially considering the conditions (more later). Most big block Boss trikes run consistent low 7's in the qtr mile. As you know, each 1/10th second is a big step. Mid 6's is stellar considering the track we were on and the buttwipes running it.

Gary's ET was almost stated correctly (9.86 actual) but his MPH was 136. I did break 140 mph pretty solidly but would have preferred a better ET. It was funny talking to some folks about this. About blew one guy's head off when he congratulated Gary for his time but Gary saidl; "Elliot was faster". I then said; "yes, but Gary was quicker". This guy (forgot his name) couldn't put it together how someone who had a faster speed could have been beat time wise by someone with a lower mph. Funny stuff especially after a few too many beer.

The track somewhat sucked. Geezer had been told we'd have some latitude relative to the IHRA rules. I originally was told that morning we would get 2 free passes before they wanted to see some compliance. Then they came to the trailer right before we raced and said 1 free pass. They gave David a bunch of shit about full leathers and all even though he was compliant and David just got pissed and turned around. They had said if he did the 1/4, the rest could only do the 1/8th. Not sure what that was about since there were multiple leather tops and bottoms and such. I noticed numerous later runs on your trike and Elvis and Mike they only timed it for the 1/8th. That sucked.

The track wasn't nearly as sticky as a number of us hoped. Also, considering there were so few there, they should have let us run one after another after another to tweak our starts and tires but that goofy class only deal and lining up in one lane and wait....a bunch of crap.

Mike and I did not go heads up as you stated. We simply lined up together. My only focus was the clock. Mike did great in spite of never have drag raced. There's a lot going on once you suit up and get to the line. I've heard lots of arm chair or beer bottle pros who run all these incredible times on their animal bikes but seldom see them at the track. I was disappointed that only 7 or so of us got out on the track. I really admired Mike and Elvis going out there as I believe it was first time for both. They not only did fine but hopefully had a lot of fun.

Next year, I'd like to propose in advance we find another track and rent it for 3 or 4 hours. I heard there's one even closer, also 1/4 mile in Missouri. Having it to ourselves would be the ticket.

Nice seeing you there...

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Els wrote: Next year, I'd like to propose in advance we find another track and rent it for 3 or 4 hours. I heard there's one even closer, also 1/4 mile in Missouri. Having it to ourselves would be the ticket.
Nice seeing you there...
Elliot
I second that motion. :) And skip the Turnpike, (or wait as a group on the side) that toll booth thing sucked, took me 30 miles to catch up after the first one.
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

SRF wrote:
Iowa 57 chevy wrote:Did Martins 11:30 am guest ever arrive?
He says there was no guest, but odd thing was he disappeared between 11:30 and 12:30 before we had lunch :roll:

Shane
She really did not show up. And if she had shown up I would not tell...

I went for a testride with a chopper. Definitively not my ride :roll: I will stick with the Boss Hoss. Later that day Tom Chadwell let me have his for a test ride around the parking lot 8-) . So all I can say now is, if ever I get another V8 motorcycle it will be a Big Block in a Boss Hoss. :mrgreen:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I'm sitting here at work and keep drifting over to the V-8 sites
for more rally reports. I can't believe it is over but we all have
a lifetime of memories that are priceless.

Thanks to El's for straightening out a couple errors in my
drag racing report. I agree the people at the track sure
had their heads buried up their asses. I was so nervious
when I pulled up the the track that all I could think of was
to try hard not to embarrass myself. I am somewhat
satisfied with my 6:55 1/8 mile but I actually ran faster
last year with my smaller 520 hp motor. I plan on hitting
a couple local 1/8 mile tracks this summer and will be shooting
for a 6:25 in the 1/8.

I couldn't be prouder to have had the opportunity to share
a trip to the track with David, El's, Gary, Wildman, and Elvis.
Just watching Wildman tape a plastic water bottle to his
overflow hose and pull back up to race again was priceless!

I also agree on renting another strip for next year.
And last but certainly not least a big thank you to
Geezer for setting this up.

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:
Jep, that was a classic .Net moment huh Ron. :twisted: Fuckem if they can't take a joke. Shane got a pic of the water bottle that should make the Rebels around here proud. I'm sure he will post it here later. WM

Damn guys, I must have been out to lunch for the water bottle deal. I missed that one. Heavy leather and full face helmet in heat and humidity, nervousness, and constant wondering how good the hot dogs were at the concession stand caused me to miss this one!

Ron, at a track I'm familiar with, it usually takes me 6 stabs at it, one right after the other to get into better times. Our going out there and getting respectable times just going at it a few times on a strange track is unto itself a good thing. If we are to rent a track next year, we can probably see some numbers/times we'd be real proud of.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

W1LDMAN wrote:
Jep, that was a classic .Net moment huh Ron. :twisted: Fuckem if they can't take a joke. Shane got a pic of the water bottle that should make the Rebels around here proud. I'm sure he will post it here later. WM