Arnott airride for 502 bike

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
petitemoose

Re: Arnott airride for 502 bike

Post by petitemoose »

I go to Merritt Island often ... Do I need to stop in and "clarify" some things for you??? I have a customer literally 5 blocks away from them ...
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:I would call them back and tell them I want two the same or return my money. I really like mine but they used to make them properly. Tell them that as a dealer you can't recommend them to anybody that cares what their bike looks like because the factory doesn't care either.
You guys are right. I should not have to have an expensive bike with 2 different locations of air line holes in an expensive pair of air shocks..BUT I am sure if I ask for another the same as this new one then I am into shipping of it again and that would suck...i will send an email tomorrow and ask for another new shock - free shipping - so that I can having a matching set and see what they say...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

If they ask for shipping ask them to just ship the HOLE and you'll put it on yourself as the HOLE only couldn't cost much to ship. lol

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

petitemoose wrote:I go to Merritt Island often ... Do I need to stop in and "clarify" some things for you??? I have a customer literally 5 blocks away from them ...
Even if Barry doesn't want you to go I think you ought to stop in their and suggest that they fire the guy that drills the holes.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:I go to Merritt Island often ... Do I need to stop in and "clarify" some things for you??? I have a customer literally 5 blocks away from them ...
Please do when you are by there...see what they say in my email question tomorrow.

Possibly as Dave says "grab a HOLE and ship it to me" lol
CanuckHoss

mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

[quote="CanuckHoss
Possibly as Dave says "grab a HOLE and ship it to me" lol[/quote]

If they ship a hole to you it has to be done under very cautious conditions. For one thing, it can't be shipped by air as the reduction in atmospheric pressure causes expansion and then you will find it too big when it gets there for you to use. (In fact some planes that have disappeared are thought to have been carrying holes that simply became so big that the plane fell into them).

Conversely, if shipped by ground one also has to be cautious as they sometimes fall off of the trucks which at best results in potholes in the road and at worst leads to major sink holes (especially if the barometric pressure happens to be going down and they expand). In some cases holes bouncing off of a truck became embedded into the backsides of unsuspecting citizens - turning them into major A-holes and forcing them into a life of politics.

This may sound like a simple solution, but it's coupled with some major challenges. :doh:
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

mdwdvm wrote:[quote="CanuckHoss
If they ship a hole to you it has to be done under very cautious conditions. For one thing, it can't be shipped by air as the reduction in atmospheric pressure causes expansion and then you will find it too big when it gets there for you to use. (In fact some planes that have disappeared are thought to have been carrying holes that simply became so big that the plane fell into them).

Conversely, if shipped by ground one also has to be cautious as they sometimes fall off of the trucks which at best results in potholes in the road and at worst leads to major sink holes (especially if the barometric pressure happens to be going down and they expand). In some cases holes bouncing off of a truck became embedded into the backsides of unsuspecting citizens - turning them into major A-holes and forcing them into a life of politics.

This may sound like a simple solution, but it's coupled with some major challenges. :doh:[/quote]

Ladies and gentlemen..JAY LENO....that is some funny stuff!!! sad that the part about politics may actually be true...
CanuckHoss

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Not to mention, you will have to return the defective hole to Arnott. The same cautions apply except you will have to deal with Customs and Immigration here. We already have enough -holes in Washington and our quotas may be full
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I asked Ken at Arnott today if it was possible to get a shock specially made with the hole the same way as the first set of shocks I received. Told him they are on a very expensive bike and that they should match. A short while later Ken sent me an email that he asked the production department and they will special make a replacement for me so it looks right...cool stuff...and he was going to try and send a prepaid weighbill for sending the shocks back..
CanuckHoss

mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

It's about time you had some positive customer service - but it shouldn't have taken the number of questions and requests on your part to make this right. I'm hoping this is an anomaly, but am befuddled why it took them so long to take care of you properly, especially with your new dealer status. Time will tell - their actions will be the gauge going forward.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I will try and make an excuse to go there next week and I will ride over. Maybe they can explain to me in person why ...
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

mdwdvm wrote:[quote="CanuckHoss

This may sound like a simple solution, but it's coupled with some major challenges. :doh:[/quote]

Great sense of humor, I laughed my ass off. Thanks for the post.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Phoned Wednesday and chatted with Ken as the correct orientated shock had not arrived yet so I was looking for an ETA.

It was actually done but he was waiting for me to send the wrong oriented one back as everytime they send a shock it is charged to me and I get credited when returned. Told him it did not matter...charge away and send.

it arrived next day... Thursday ....and was replaced yesterday. The 2 shocks to return go out Tuesday for credit.

In the conversation I was told that the wrong orientation on some of the shocks being made was indeed a mistake rather than a production change...
CanuckHoss

mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

CanuckHoss wrote:Phoned Wednesday and chatted with Ken as the correct orientated shock had not arrived yet so I was looking for an ETA.

It was actually done but he was waiting for me to send the wrong oriented one back as everytime they send a shock it is charged to me and I get credited when returned. Told him it did not matter...charge away and send.

it arrived next day... Thursday ....and was replaced yesterday. The 2 shocks to return go out Tuesday for credit.

In the conversation I was told that the wrong orientation on some of the shocks being made was indeed a mistake rather than a production change...
So quick shipment but you're still paying in time and shipping - and they even readily admit it was a production screw-up. I'm still dumbfounded that they haven't given you the type of customer service I would expect and demand as a customer - AND YOU'RE A NEW DEALER. I like their product but am majorly disappointed in how they have handled this. You have more patience than me. By now I might have told them that the silver lining of that sideways hole might be that it would that hurt less as I shoved the shocks up their ass!
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I think if Barry asks them they will refund all the shipping money etc. If Barry don't ask I doubt they will bring it up.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Mark

Post by Mark »

Barry, why don't you tell the guys from Arnott Inc. that you finally managed to install the airride in your scooter.

One shock in the front and one in the back - both as monoshocks and that the package works just great - but kind of a whobbly experience.

Ask them if they are certain that the set was meant to be mounted on to a XB-502 Electric Bicycle??

Mark
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:I think if Barry asks them they will refund all the shipping money etc. If Barry don't ask I doubt they will bring it up.
Dave...

A great company will do it without asking...I have done it...it is all about customer satisfaction....eat a little bit of costs but it pays huge in the end...it is the right thing to do

I thought about asking but really...why should I? The one person I am dealing with knows all the circumstances.

I need to add that they did send me a return shipping Purolator label for both shocks to return...so I paid shipping on the original set and then twice more for each additional shipment of one shock each time. Their policy does not cover shipping either way so I got 1 shipment out of 3 free.

I have no other complaints in my dealing with Arnott..prompt as hell..curtious..the whole deal
CanuckHoss