DAYTONA BIKE WEEK '09

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

Re: DAYTONA BIKE WEEK '09

Post by AR »

Redtro wrote:Bryan,

oil pressure drop ...significant on your gauge reading...your bearing would have super heated...discolored. Are they blue from heat or scared? If both, it may not be possible to tell from looking....or it failed from a flaw or contaminants. Sometimes a bearing is just bad and it doesn't take much for things to start going south.

Either way, I'm a lightweight as well and there are guys here who are far more qualified to speculate.
fuck me dead!...how much more do the heavyweights know??
Els

Post by Els »

With Daytona barely a month away, thought I'd bump this thread up again with a few thoughts....

Hadn't heard anything about Bryan's rebuild on the stroker motor which was discussed here. Thought maybe he'd update us.

I know Jack D. goes to Daytona early. Hoping Jack will give some prelim reports on anything going on.

A few guys mentioned they may not be doing Daytona because they're now doing Oklahoma in May. Hope most can do both.

I hadn't heard any update regarding a BBQ that was being discussed. If there's any update to that, let's hear about it.

Wondering how many of the European guys on this board are going to Daytona?

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you folks there.

Elliot 8-)

Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Butkicker5

Post by Butkicker5 »

:P Hi Every one , Wife and I will also be @ Datona for the week have a condo in Ormand beach , hope to meet up with you all and get to know you , My Bike is all set , MBH just did a great job on new wheels and front end so looking forward to warmer weather and some new riding areas
Tom

Post by Tom »

Els... Here are a couple posts from .com.

It's ALIIIIVVVVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We fired it up last night for the first time and it's running really nice. It sounds different than before likely because of the Carb work that Mike did. No leaks, no smoke, real smooth and sounds like she can't wait to go. Now I just have a few more things to button up and she's ready for Daytona!!!!!

Bryan

From Steve Barr... He He.
In Sat., 28, out Sat. 7. Doesn't look like Janice will make it this year so my 'date' is Elliot. A big step down I realize.

Conrad, got an extra 'niece' that needs somewhere to stay?

From Billy D.
Pete
We will be there for sure. Arrive 26th leaving the 9th. This should be one of the best weather permitting. Stan, V8 Choppers, is planning a cookout at our place. I do not have dates or time yet. He was waiting to see what Boss Hoss and Wild Bill was planning so the dates and time would not conflict. I know that everyone is welcome wheather they ride a Harley, Yamaha, Kawi, Boss Hoss, or V8 Chopper. I know this because I will be on my Harley this year. David Ward will be posting details and times in a later post.
I will have dry camping and trailer parking for any those that need it. If anybody gets there before I do, they can call me for the gate code. We have onsite water and electric to fill tanks, and charge batteries, just no full time hookups. We have plenty of firewood, for those that want to stand around drink and tell lies at night.
I have to give special thanks to Ronnie Hess, Instigator, he is the one that found this place for us. Even though he had major back surgery Dec 2nd, he has been over there working to make this place better for all us to enjoy.
For info call me 770-616-1569
Billy
I don`t know if David Wards plans have changed or not due to the fire at his place but you might contact him. I am sure Stan will have the BBQ as planned. I sure wish I could make it to share the fun... Someday.. Just not this time.
Els

Post by Els »

Tom,

Thanks for putting those up. Catches me up a bunch since I usually only surf one V8 (bike) site these days. Really glad to hear some of what was quoted. Maybe Bryan only uses the other site. Glad to hear he's got it buttoned up and going.

I only met Billy once and see he sold his bike and trike. If he's there on a HD, guess he's temporarily out of V8 inventory. He needs to come visit Stan and replenish his inventory with some of those wicked choppers, ha ha.

Steve having said that about Janice not being there and my being his date is a vicious rumor. My wife is actually more worried about Steve corrupting my always steering down the path of righteousness than she'd be if I was hanging with Larry Flynt.

I talked to David earlier and he's planning to be in Daytona and I'm looking forward to enjoying some good riding and fellowship with him. Sure wish it was in your crystal ball to make it to Daytona. I'll look forward to seeing you in Oklahoma though and at our age, it will be here before we know it. Thanks again for passing the info on. Best,

Els
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

You bet... I should have my bike in order by then... It`s on the chopping block again next week. I`m going to back off the cam a little for some better tuning on my fuel injection...Go to solid lifters, with some tougher springs, and do the 08 output shaft and bearing on the trans. it will be interesting to see what the trans looks like inside after all the abuse I have thrown at it.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Update from Bryan,

Sorry guys but I get busy and don't get to play here as often as I would like to. Els, yes I get to both sites but usually only time to read the posts and that's about it.

Anyway, as you read, the bike now lives once again. I got it completely finished a few nights ago and I can't wait to get on it. We just have too much snow right now so it will have to wait til Daytona. I've never heard this engine sound so good. It's crisp, very responsive and it's going to run real sweet for sure. I'll putt around Daytona with Jenn on the back for 2 weeks to try to break it in, change the oil, drop Jenn off at the Orlando airport to fly home and then ride the bike to Phoenix. I'll park it there at a friend's place in Scottsdale, fly home and then fly back down there to ride around there for Arizona Bike Week. Then fly home, then fly back down there one last time to ride it home again when the weather warms up. That whole trip should put about 5500 miles or so on it. Airline tickets are super cheap right now which is great. 8-)

If it decides to sit down and take a dump then I'll get it hauled home and rip it apart again. I'm getting good at it. :lol:

Bryan
Els

Post by Els »

Man oh man, two straight days of single digits and minus twenty degree wind chills. Daytona sure is sounding good 8-) . Sure would hate it if it's warm and there are bunches of bikinis and thongs ;) .

Els
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Yep....it's been cold here also, all day long!!! It's suppose to get back up to the 70's this weekend and the first part of next week. Dang, 3 whole days of cold Florida winter and no riding. I think Stu and Bryan left the barn door open again. I'll make up for it this weekend. :twisted:
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

Glad to hear you're suffering some cold. Misery loves company :twisted:

Looking at both our weather meters, I'm at 10 you at 25. Both too cold to ride but good opportunity to be thinking about Daytona! 8-)

Haven't heard much from you about the green chopper lately. Still having fun? When you plan to put some nitrous on it, ha ha? :twisted:

E
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Els wrote:Ricky,

Glad to hear you're suffering some cold. Misery loves company :twisted:

Looking at both our weather meters, I'm at 10 you at 25. Both too cold to ride but good opportunity to be thinking about Daytona! 8-)

Haven't heard much from you about the green chopper lately. Still having fun? When you plan to put some nitrous on it, ha ha? :twisted:

E
Els,

Yep, I guess everyone switching to Fluorescent bulbs has finally paid off huh? :twisted: It's suppose to be nice this weekend.

I've thought about nitrous but I've never really liked the idea of using that on a engine that would be used daily. Another thing is that I don't have guys to run with like you do in south Florida. If I had people constantly challenging me, I'd probably be more interested in having a more serious motor. When I decided to go with this bike and engine, I was thinking more about enjoying the ride than racing. More HP produces more heat and other problems. Don't get me wrong, this bike is very quick, but it doesn't have that "low end grunt", that "don't get into the throttle too much" or "spin the tire at any speed" the BB had. I don't really know which bike would win in a race simply because I could never open up my B.H. I could only roll (not snatch) the throttle until the back tire couldn't stick anymore. It always broke the tire if I rolled too far. This bike really sticks and moves on and this motor is no slug. So, I've very happy with it and enjoying it very much.

Hey, If I had seen as many tail lights as you have I'd be thinking about doing something also! Image :lol: :lol: :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

Redtro wrote:
Hey, If I had seen as many tail lights as you have I'd be thinking about doing something also! Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, that's what happens when you hang with the BIG DOGS! :oops:

Els
Image Image Image
tjy

Post by tjy »

Ricky;

Too bad that the "company" you and Janice barr were talking about couldn't be Injected into your engine like nitrous!! :lol:

Redtro

Post by Redtro »

If I could figure out how to bottle it I could sell it in addition to the Carbon Credits!!! That would be a win win. Problem is...it wouldn't smell like french fries! :o :twisted: Image
Els

Post by Els »

I'm trying to figure out what "it" is and of course can't. Since you guys are going to keep it cryptic, I guess I'll have to ask Janice. Something tells me "it" may be either some funny or nasty shit :o

Els
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Els....the smileys are your friend!!! Image
Els

Post by Els »

Redtro wrote:If I could figure out how to bottle it I could sell it in addition to the Carbon Credits!!! That would be a win win. Problem is...it wouldn't smell like french fries! :o :twisted: Image

Ahhhh haaaaaa............ :oops:
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

OK, every year I say I'm not doing Daytona again......BUT I end up going down there anyway and getting another ticket. :oops:

This year I find I have EXTRA time on my hands so I will go down early and ride some before the start of Bike week.

See you guys when you get there,
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Els

Post by Els »

CR,

I was just talking to someone about that issue. A few of us have Driver's License's that are in peril. Unfortunately, most of the SE states anyhow have some reciprocity deal and points transfer state to state. I also heard from one bud that a ticket in out of state brings the points back to his FL license and he can't go to driver improvement class to get the points off. He's currently at 11 pts in 12 months I think. I'm at 8 so one 4 pointer and my license is toast.

I'm also a bit uptight with all the drag race laws that involve seizing the car/bike, a felony in most cases, huge fines and/or jail, etc. Then there's the fact that many of these places like Myrtle Beach or Daytona (especially at the Beach) or U.S. 1 seem to have law enforcement every 100 yds.

It's getting pretty hard to crack the throttle at these venues and dodge the bullet. Still, will be good to be there and looking forward to seeing you.

Elliot

Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Els,

I was the lucky recipient of a reckless driving ticket in Myrtle Beach, SC in 2007 and it hasn't shown up on my Florida licence. Image
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky, you're just one of those blessed types :roll: . If I fart wrong I'm going to find trouble.

Maybe SC doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with FL? If ever I should have got in trouble it would have been Myrtle Beach last year. I've never seen so many cops looking for trouble. I think I even recall seeing them with the noise meters. If someone got caught in a changing light, yellow meant a red light infraction. It was really bad.

Well, with you skating on that one, I guess I can be the innocent bystander when you're doing wild and crazy stuff in Daytona, ha ha. :lol:

Els
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

In my opinion why would a person go the any bike rally to show off how fast , loud or powerful there bike is especially in Daytona with the cops , traffic in general , blue hairs , drinking etc. We got all the rest of the year to play with our power under much safer conditions .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

hogv8 wrote:In my opinion why would a person go the any bike rally to show off how fast , loud or powerful there bike is especially in Daytona with the cops , traffic in general , blue hairs , drinking etc. We got all the rest of the year to play with our power under much safer conditions .

Jack

1. Competition
2. Ego
3. Show off
4. Too many Budweisers

Don't the guys spend bunches of time doing the burn out thing at Lacrosse? I'm sure the same will happen in Oklahoma (I hope). I personally don't remember a Daytona where I haven't taken the opportunity to do something that could have got me in all kinds of deep shit. Just the way it is with some of us Jack. :oops: :twisted: 8-)

The best scene would be having access to a track but it seems there's never one close by or willing to let the bikes/trikes run without all kinds of pre-conditions.

Elliot
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I have done a few things in Daytona that could have gotten me a tickets or worse also over the years . I guess the main thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow is knowing

Cheryl on the back of the bike . This is the only time all year she rides with me . If I were ever responsible for her getting hurt or worse that would be it for me . I'll just putt around and let the rest you guys raise hell . Just don't come home in a box . :cry:

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack,

When I had the BH, Jeanette was often a passenger and I was a model good citizen. She never minded my pounding Harleys with her on the back over the years but wasn't too big on it with the 502. As you may have noted seeing my V8Chopper, it's a solo ride so I can be an asshole from time to time.

Daytona PD, Volusia County Sheriff's Dept, and Florida Highway Patrol are now the ones whispering in my ear so to speak at Daytona. I stay pretty well behaved as a result.

Els
Image Image Image