V8Biker pic of the day

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Els

Re: Wildman's V8Biker pic of the day

Post by Els »

That V8Chopper trike above......puny looking 520 hp motor and the color sucks ;)

Els

Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Bling and no go ?? I think it needs a blower...... :mrgreen:
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I agree that poor trike just doesn't have much going for it. :cry:

....Johnston, Iowa
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Els wrote:That V8Chopper trike above......puny looking 520 hp motor and the color sucks ;)

Els

I could be wrong but I believe that trike is 550 hp.

Shane
Els

Post by Els »

Shane,

He must have some bling giving him 30 more hp than mine than. It's possible as David's first DART had 500 hp but more torque. The cam specs or intake can do a +/- either way that much hp.

I hope everyone noted that my comment was sarcastic. The motor and color are just like my 2 wheeler. I tried to get Ron to go along with our getting into a pissing match on the thread with him acting like he was pissed at what I said but he's probably out riding today. I'm stuck at the 'puter and bored as crap.

I'm hoping he's at the Oklahoma rally as that trike and my bike side-by-side will be a pretty good looking site.

Els
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Els wrote:Shane,

He must have some bling giving him 30 more hp than mine than. It's possible as David's first DART had 500 hp but more torque. The cam specs or intake can do a +/- either way that much hp.

I hope everyone noted that my comment was sarcastic. The motor and color are just like my 2 wheeler. I tried to get Ron to go along with our getting into a pissing match on the thread with him acting like he was pissed at what I said but he's probably out riding today. I'm stuck at the 'puter and bored as crap.

I'm hoping he's at the Oklahoma rally as that trike and my bike side-by-side will be a pretty good looking site.

Els
I believe he has a different intake than you to get the 550 hp but I could be wrong and he may have been just considering it and didn't do it. I was waiting for him to post that it was and call your 520 puny but no luck. Can't even get a fun argument started here :twisted:

Shane
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Hey you boys are gonna have to try a little harder to piss me off.

Els the reason I have 550 HP and you are stuck at 520 is
quite simple. I am just hung heavier than you.

Widman all you gotta do is add a couple zeros to your
offer and we can do business.

....Johnston, Iowa
tjy

Post by tjy »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image
I'l take a shot.. Boy doesn't that look like something an IOWA farm cat drug in from the field..

or wonder why he BOUGHT another trike with more CI's..

OR makes you wonder who wears the pants in that family..

I know Ron..gfms :twisted: I'l have the beer ready in lacrosse or miami Ok.

tom

gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Mike,

i sure would like to see that Bike in person,,, in my garage,, and no i can't afford it. but it sure is HOT. notice the different angle of the rear shocks? they are not laying down as much as stock hosses. wonder how the ride differs?

Ron,,, have you got a set of the new collector "Colored" Obama coins yet? :shock: :roll: you know the ones,, where they have the gold or silver coins with washington or jefferson in natural coin color and then obama painted in color next to our fore fathers,, strange how they said he doesn't look like the other presidents,, and he really doesn't,, he is in color :shock: seems kinda reverse to me :?: :idea: and no i am not ordering a set just posing the question and making a observation,, then again we do have south texas air down here. :roll:

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Ron,,, have you got a set of the new collector "Colored" Obama coins yet? :shock: :roll: you know the ones,, where they have the gold or silver coins with washington or jefferson in natural coin color and then obama painted in color next to our fore fathers,, strange how they said he doesn't look like the other presidents,, and he really doesn't,, he is in color :shock: seems kinda reverse to me :?: :idea: and no i am not ordering a set just posing the question and making a observation,, then again we do have south texas air down here. :roll:
Darryl
I don't have any Osama coins
I don't want any Osama coins
Sorry I didn't vote for you friend. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I agree with Darryl that bike just has a great look!
First class all the way.

....Johnston, Iowa
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image

One of the stops the riders made near Dyersburg, Tennessee a few years ago. Nutbush, Tennessee is the birthplace of singer Tina Turner. Haha I read the lyrics of "Nutbush City Limits" and see it says motorcycles not allowed. Whats up with that? Click on picture to hear "Nutbush." Ron be quiet. WM

A church house gin house
A school house outhouse
On highway number nineteen
The people keep the city clean
They call it nutbush, oh nutbush
They call it nutbush city limits

Twenty-five for speed limit
Motorcycle not allowed in it
You go to store on friday
You go to church on sunday

You go to the fields on weekdays
And have a picnic on labor day
You go to town on saturday
And go to church every sunday

No whiskey for sale
If you get drunk no bail
Salt pork and molasses
Is all you get in jail

A little old town in tennessee
A quiet little community
A one-horse town
You have to watch what youre putting down
In old nutbush, oh nutbush

That place reminds me of the Cabbage Patch down in Florida .

Love that song man ,

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack, there's a building at the Cabbage Patch :?: I've never seen beyond the Budweiser girls 8-)

Els
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Elliot , I discovered there was a building there buy going there the week before Bike Week when all there were there were a few local barflies . :o Those old buildings like that is what some of the old gas stations looked like when I was a kid and gas was .25 a gallon :lol:

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

hogv8 wrote:Elliot , I discovered there was a building there buy going there the week before Bike Week when all there were there were a few local barflies . :o Those old buildings like that is what some of the old gas stations looked like when I was a kid and gas was .25 a gallon :lol:

Jack

Jack, gladly I'm reminded of those days daily. We many such old gas stations like that still here too although few pumping gas but rather supporting little family stores or abandoned. A few still have barely visible old signs or paintings still there. Enjoy seeing those great old reminders of the good 'ol days and childhood memories. They're fast disappearing and being replaced by Chitgo stations manned by funky looking clerks from Pakistan with funny accents and bad attitudes.

Elliot :evil:
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Ahhhh, I remember that guy and that bike from the old days! Where's that beautiful Kannon living now Tommy? I always thought that bike was great looking 8-)

Els
Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yeah buddy... I was a pretty proud pup. The bike belongs to a guy in the midwest. The guy is on the .com site once in a while as PYROBUD.
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:
Darryl wrote:
Mike,

i sure would like to see that Bike in person,,, in my garage,, and no i can't afford it. but it sure is HOT. notice the different angle of the rear shocks? they are not laying down as much as stock hosses. wonder how the ride differs?
Darryl, I'm not sure what Andy has to say about the shocks. Maybe Loaf or someone from that side of the pond will comment. I know Andy and Boss Hoss Germany are a first rate outfit and my guess is that its an improvement or Andy will keep working on it until it is. Looks like the bike also has a custom swingarm.

I know Boss Hoss New Zealand also use different shocks on the bikes for an improved ride on their roads. WM
WM, all i know is, that Andy totally modified the rear half of the frame and the shocks are an air ride system. And there are small nitrous bottles attached to the shocks. But I have no idea why he changed the angle.

Loaf
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

E.J. Potter has been one of my heroes ever since a hot rod bud showed me the book on him a number of years back. Wouldn't it have been great to have had him as a neighbor/friend?! One of the coolest 8-) gear heads I've read about. Great pics!

Els
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Els,E.J.Potter is my idol too! 8-) 8-) 8-)
I bought my blower bike from a serious V8bike collector Dean Fish who had 3 of E.J.Potters bikes among Boss Hosses and one sb Kannon and some HD:s in the corner! ;)
I was honored to visit at his private collection where i took several pics from those unbelievable bikes,so here are a couple of them.
Sadly soon after my visit mr Fish passed away (RIP). :cry:
I hope his awesome collection is now in good care.

Here is the oldest one.
IMG_0708.JPG
Nice view from the place of driver!
IMG_0710.JPG
Last edited by KISS on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KISS

Post by KISS »

And here is the famous Widow Maker Seven!
IMG_0713.JPG
Serious craftmanship!
IMG_0736.JPG
KISS

Post by KISS »

Here is the newest "modern" E.J.Potter bike from the collection!
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG
Notice that Hi Tech plywood front spoiler!
IMG_0720.JPG
Tom

Post by Tom »

The last one is mopar powered??
KISS

Post by KISS »

No Tom,it´s Ford FE 427 (if i remember correct :oops: )
Els

Post by Els »

K,

Wow, very cool collection and to be able to enjoy E.J.Potter bikes is better than Evil Knievel's in my book. I would hope the collection stays in good hands as one day, the name E.J. Potter may become more widely known and respected than it is today. Seems very few outside the guys who saw him do the racing during that time know the name. I never did until a friend turned me on to it.

Thanks for the pics. You're privledged to have enjoyed seeing those bikes.

E

Image Image Image