Boss hoss dealers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
indiana geezer

Re: Boss hoss dealers

Post by indiana geezer »

Thanks randy that's the first compliment I've had in a while. (Post #13)
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

Sq4mn it's on my bucket list hopefully some day I can own one.
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Indiana Geezer, did u sell all 4 of ur boss hoss bikes? I thought u were just selling the one.
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

No just one
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Randy . Now that's funny !! still laughing! Jeff Hemperly in Shippensburg of Pennsylvania area.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Thanks Jeff,,But be careful..If you disclose your real name,or where your from,The boogie man may get you. There is a lot of BAD people here. :rofl:
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

randy burkey wrote:Thanks Jeff,,But be careful..If you disclose your real name,or where your from,The boogie man may get you. There is a lot of BAD people here. :rofl:
Yep...some of them from the Cold White North...looking to hug the hell out of you Southerners just to warm up....otherwise a non-dangerous species...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
tjy

Post by tjy »

:what_he_said:
CanuckHoss wrote:
randy burkey wrote:Thanks Jeff,,But be careful..If you disclose your real name,or where your from,The boogie man may get you. There is a lot of BAD people here. :rofl:
Yep...some of them from the Cold White North...looking to hug the hell out of you Southerners just to warm up....otherwise a non-dangerous species...
:toofunny: :tequila: Barry, You know where I live!! Thomas J. Young Pt. Orange Fla. :usa: :canada:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

tjy wrote::what_he_said:
CanuckHoss wrote:
:toofunny: :tequila: Barry, You know where I live!! Thomas J. Young Pt. Orange Fla. :usa: :canada:
Careful Tom.....giving out your name and address could lead to multiple visits and multiple hugs!! That is what all the "hiders" are missing....an AWESOME V8 Family!!!!!!!
CanuckHoss

mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

Hi,

Mark Maupin here. I live in Bethlehem, GA; about 50 miles East of Atlanta. My Social Security Number is 555-4Q-44QU (LOL).

For all of the nay sayers, give the new owners a break. Obviously, they are trying to build up a business; that is a real business.

I have always thought that BH is way under marketed. For instance, Atlanta metro has a population of some 5.5 million people. If only 1 out 10,000 people in the Atlanta area owned a BH, we would have ~550 BH's in the metro area. We do not even have 55..... room to GROW. Not only that, there is not a BH dealer for hundreds of miles.

I am 100 percent for the new owners. Let them grow and prosper. Maybe some day we will once again have a BH dealer and or service center in the Atlanta area.

If you are near Bethlehem, GA, come by and see me. I normally have a cold one in the frig.
Regards,

Mark

TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

mmaupin wrote:Not only that, there is not a BH dealer for hundreds of miles.
The Dallas / Fort Worth dealer just closed shop. Now we have one dealer for the entire state of Texas -- and he's four hours away from me. I agree, a larger dealer network is vital for Boss Hoss to grow.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Just want to remind you guys that V8 Chopper does not have any dealers and they seem to do just fine, they grow every year. They build a great product and they appoint a few selected motorcycle shops that they feel confident in to do work on customers bikes if need be. There are different ways to run a business and each owner determines whats best for for the company with the resources available to it. Rick has already got two speed transmissions handled, without that all who own the bikes were just waiting for the time to come when their bike was worthless. The company was almost gone and he and his partners saved it from becoming a footnote in motorcycle history. It won't be easy to keep it going but there is hope and we as old time customers should at the least try to promote it rather than bad mouth it.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

TXscooterguy wrote:
mmaupin wrote:Not only that, there is not a BH dealer for hundreds of miles.
The Dallas / Fort Worth dealer just closed shop. Now we have one dealer for the entire state of Texas -- and he's four hours away from me. I agree, a larger dealer network is vital for Boss Hoss to grow.
Curtis Closed Shop?!?! So Sorry to hear that :(
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

As I see it the trike guys have it easy no matter what brand V8 trike they have. The engine, trans, and rear axles are all common automotive products. The brakes, wheels and tires are also automotive products. If the factory supplies frame, fork and body parts I can't see the lack of dealers being a crisis. Any good mechanic should be able to maintain and repair a trike. The bikes are a little harder because the trans has been an issue and breaking down the bike in order to remove it is not easy. Now that Boss Hoss factory has transmissions available the bike owners are better off than they have been. It would be nice to have a dealer with trained mechanics in every state but that isn't going to happen any time soon. V8 owners are going to have it harder than a Harley guy, its just life. To me its worth it cause I like the bikes that much. I have a Rocket 3 and its nice-------but it aint a V8. Once you have a V8 bike the others won't do it for you anymore.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

petitemoose wrote:Curtis Closed Shop?!?! So Sorry to hear that :(
His landlord jacked up his rent to the point that he couldn't continue.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:
Most people don't realize what a rent hike can do to a business...it can destroy a business!!
CanuckHoss

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

CanuckHoss wrote:
TXscooterguy wrote:
Most people don't realize what a rent hike can do to a business...it can destroy a business!!
Barry, Curtis is still a BH Service Center though. Same goes for Stamford BH. Doesn't add up IMO.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Triker wrote:Barry, Curtis is still a BH Service Center though. Doesn't add up IMO.
He closed the showroom and shop in Grand Prairie, Texas and will be doing the service work at his place in Midlothian, Texas.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Triker wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
TXscooterguy wrote:
Barry, Curtis is still a BH Service Center though. Same goes for Stamford BH. Doesn't add up IMO.
Thanks..I did not go to the Dealer listing...just thought he had totally closed...that is good news...
CanuckHoss

TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:Thanks..I did not go to the Dealer listing...just thought he had totally closed...that is good news...
I didn't see the service centers listed on the web site.
arizona outlaw

Post by arizona outlaw »

Wow Wow Wow..I haven't been on here for a while, actually I have I life outside of the V8 forum. Just to let everyone catch up. Arizona bike week was a good time, but I was there looking forward to meeting Ricky. I actually wanted to see if he was going to Punch me in the Face and Strangle me like he says on here. I also had a good friend and golfing buddy with me, the local sheriff that also wanted to meet him. As for CanuckHoss saying I have a personal Vendetta against Ricky, well I don't even know him except for the crap that's written on this Forum. That's why I wanted to meet him in Arizona. I am not sure what's going on with dealers dropping out and cant really comment on that, But what I do know is that they are advertising their Demo trikes on Ebay. The season isn't even close to being over and they are trying to sell off demo bikes so soon. Is BH bringing out a whole new line to replace them or is this their new Dealer Network Ebay????? I personally think that having a dealer network is the most important part of owning a company like this. Not sure how this is all going to play out, but I don't think very well!!! What else is going on that I have missed here????
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

arizona outlaw wrote:Wow Wow Wow..I haven't been on here for a while, actually I have I life outside of the V8 forum. Just to let everyone catch up. Arizona bike week was a good time, but I was there looking forward to meeting Ricky. I actually wanted to see if he was going to Punch me in the Face and Strangle me like he says on here. I also had a good friend and golfing buddy with me, the local sheriff that also wanted to meet him. As for CanuckHoss saying I have a personal Vendetta against Ricky, well I don't even know him except for the crap that's written on this Forum. That's why I wanted to meet him in Arizona. I am not sure what's going on with dealers dropping out and cant really comment on that, But what I do know is that they are advertising their Demo trikes on Ebay. The season isn't even close to being over and they are trying to sell off demo bikes so soon. Is BH bringing out a whole new line to replace them or is this their new Dealer Network Ebay????? I personally think that having a dealer network is the most important part of owning a company like this. Not sure how this is all going to play out, but I don't think very well!!! What else is going on that I have missed here????
You and the Sheriff could not find Rick...hmmmmm

I said it "looked" to be a personal vendetta because no new person has come on here and been as arrogant and accusing without facts...

PS....I think Carl missed you while you were gone.
CanuckHoss

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

TXscooterguy wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:Thanks..I did not go to the Dealer listing...just thought he had totally closed...that is good news...
I didn't see the service centers listed on the web site.
Look deeper, they are listed.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Triker wrote:Look deeper, they are listed.
Thanks, I found it. But for Texas Boss Hoss Cycles, it still has the old address listed. If you were to go there without calling first, you'd find an empty store front.
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

arizona outlaw wrote:. I also had a good friend and golfing buddy with me, the local sheriff that also wanted to meet him.
An Outlaw that golfs and hangs with the Sheriff. You're a regular John "Frikken" Dillinger, alright :handjob:
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/