Now closed on Mondays

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

Re: Now closed on Mondays

Post by SQ4MN »

The secret to Stans success is he has a low overhead and a quality product. He has several models of trikes with different suspensions, frames, and bodies, they sell very well and his bikes do too. He is the designer, builder and salesman and he has slowly built a good name for himself and his products. He had some other business's before the bikes that were all successful, and he has a good work ethic. The bikes are truly his passion and he is always listening to his customers and will change anything for the better at a moments notice. Anyone is welcome to visit his shop and its an eye opener. Its cleaner than many houses that we live in and everything has its place. The whole experience just oozes QUALITY. I am Stans friend and have watched him grow for years, he never ceases to amaze. I am also in awe of Rickys commitment to build a better bike and trike and think he is doing exactly that. I want him to succeed. I feel Ricky has a much harder road to hoe than Stan. A factory with employees is not easy to keep going and Ricky has partners that I imagine also have to eat etc. He bought a company that was nearly out of business and thats a hard way to go. Time will tell whatever the future will be for the V8 bike world. Its interesting to watch and as V8 bike owners we all have a horse in this race.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
ventury

Post by ventury »

Dave good points,its such a niche market
The few V8 owners here in the U.K are behind Rick and Stan 100%
I have the Boss Hoss emblem on the Back of my trucks,in the hope someone will go home and Google the V8 world ,then connect with Andrew of Germany or Rick or Stan
I found folk here will only buy a V8 on their own research ,soul searching and judgement .Real V8 buyers will find their own way,i do get asked Qs but strong minded ,confident riders.the kind of folk needed to master such a beast,( they are not for everybody),tread their own path,,,,Just being seen will trigger real interest from serious buyers.I hope
ventury
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Yes, Dave and John,

John's right on the button, he has more BH knowledge than anyone in the UK. I am one of those who without him would be riding a well-known US V twin. And I did my research with his knowledge and camaraderie. I am not a wizard technician and don't need to be as basic tools and forum advice will do. The rewiring etc needed is very basic stuff (I wouldn't know where to start with a canbus). There are enough US carshops around for the engine but it's also a basic engine so I'd have a bash at it.

I get people flocking around at every stop and anyone with the guts who asks me how to get one I'll help. I would love to see more BHs in the UK but I don't think there's sufficient demand to keep a dealer going. I believe Rick's done a great job, the best thing that's happened to Boss Hoss Cycles.
Gordon from England
barbarianv8

Post by barbarianv8 »

V8 Bikes and Trikes are at the top of the food chain.
there will always be a demand for them by riders who want to experience the ultimate thrill.
they are a niche market ,but that can be a good thing.its not like you can purchase one from every corner v-twin shop.
producing a high quality product, combined with low overheads,can be very profitable for the v8 bike manufacturer.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

The good thing for the buyer but not so much for the manufacturer is that V8 bikes last and last and last, unlike most bikes they don't seem to get old. Many guys just buy one and never get rid of it. Some trade up but many just do upgrades. The way to get your moneys worth out of them is to ride them. I never tire of my v8 bikes. My Boss Hoss is 13 years old and the Chopper is 8 years old, they both still seem like new to me. Both have really been problem free, just change oil, tires, brake pads and ride em, year after year.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

I get people flocking around at every stop and anyone with the guts who asks me how to get one I'll help. I would love to see more BHs in the UK but I don't think there's sufficient demand to keep a dealer going. I believe Rick's done a great job, the best thing that's happened to Boss Hoss Cycles.[/quote]
What ever happened to the dealer that was in Axminster many years ago ? Trouble is the way the £ is against the $ at the moment
anything from the states is very expensive. I have bought bits from BH, not enough to keep them afloat but found them very friendly and helpfull even though only spending a couple hundred $.
I also wish them every success
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

When I was researching for my BH in 2013, I never caught sight of the Axminster dealer Roy Warburton on the A35, possibly the one that shut in 1996 (one internet reference from 2008 - pretty low profile)- I did find bosshossmotorcycles.co.uk in the Thames Valley but the last entry on models was 2011 and he was advertising ZZ4s and an LS2. I tried to contact him but no email response or telephone responses, I heard the owner had health issues. The site even referred to Big blocks. He appears to own a BB trike and bike.

But I had to forget him as no responses came and John (Ventury) was guiding me so I had his experience behind me and was focussed Stateside/Canada.
Gordon from England
ventury

Post by ventury »

Gordon,
So glad you got to owning the V8 monster,that few dare to ride
The guy in the Thames Valley is a good guy like ourselves a keen V8 rider (both BHs for sale were mine).It was said he was treading on a few toes advertising NEW BHs but as we all know the grapevine can be akin to Chinese whispers, before Him was a top guy I think by the name of Stan .The internet was not around then so it must of been a slog
I hope to have my V8 chop here soon and as always I will welcome any Qs or interest whilst riding ,,,,after the first usual

WOW HOW MANY GALLONS TO THE MILE DOES THAT DO
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT FALLS OVER
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RUN OUT OF GAS
HOW DOES IT STOP
HOW DOES IT WORK
IS THAT THE BELT
OR......CAN YOU WHEELY IT,,,,
ITS MISSING TWO MORE WHEELS
DOES IT HAVE AN ASHTRAY
Some made me laugh,some made me smile,,,some made me want to knock the guy out

Then the genuine Qs come forward,,usually followed a few steps behind by a worried/concerned looking partner
who now feels second place in her beloveds life . As the guy stares with glazed eyes and a slight drool ,,maybe that was just me when I first saw the first V8,,,,,never been right since lol

I hope Rick turns the factory around,
All of us on this tiny damp rock called the UK will be routing for Him

Ventury