DAYTONA BIKE WEEK '09

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
hogv8

Re: DAYTONA BIKE WEEK '09

Post by hogv8 »

Elliot , I hear you . It's not about Cheryl getting on my ass , it's about me not wanting anything to ever happen to her especially if it's my fault .

My bikes all back together and shined up .I don't know if the new inverted forks will change my ride that much but they sure looks better than I thought they would along with all the other new front end components I've added this year . I'll be loading it in the trailer this Sat to get all tie downs in place (new trailer) and will be heading out on the 20th . See you soon .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

hogv8 wrote:Elliot , I hear you . It's not about Cheryl getting on my ass , it's about me not wanting anything to ever happen to her especially if it's my fault .

My bikes all back together and shined up .I don't know if the new inverted forks will change my ride that much but they sure looks better than I thought they would along with all the other new front end components I've added this year . I'll be loading it in the trailer this Sat to get all tie downs in place (new trailer) and will be heading out on the 20th . See you soon .

Jack

Jack, one of those things that jeopardized Jeanette's good health was my nailing the big block in the old days when she wasn't anticipating it and the added benefit :?: of a helmet making things even worse. About gave her a serious case of whiplash and me a case of whup ass. That was new stuff transitioning from a HD bagger all those years.

Last trip to Daytona you had a bunch of new stuff too. What would we do without being able to tweak and try and make a better mousetrap eh :?:

We're forecast for more snow and cold shortly. Wish I was heading out the 20th. I'll see you one week from then at the TS. Drive safe, have fun.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Els wrote:CR,

I was just talking to someone about that issue. A few of us have Driver's License's that are in peril. Unfortunately, most of the SE states anyhow have some reciprocity deal and points transfer state to state. I also heard from one bud that a ticket in out of state brings the points back to his FL license and he can't go to driver improvement class to get the points off. He's currently at 11 pts in 12 months I think. I'm at 8 so one 4 pointer and my license is toast.

I'm also a bit uptight with all the drag race laws that involve seizing the car/bike, a felony in most cases, huge fines and/or jail, etc. Then there's the fact that many of these places like Myrtle Beach or Daytona (especially at the Beach) or U.S. 1 seem to have law enforcement every 100 yds.

It's getting pretty hard to crack the throttle at these venues and dodge the bullet. Still, will be good to be there and looking forward to seeing you.

Elliot

I just got another one last month. This one was a farse and the first one I every tried to go to court on. I'm always guilty and just pay up and move on, but not this time. I was hit from the rear in my pickup while stting still in traffic for about 5 seconds. She was only doing maybe 2mph when she hit me. No big deal I thought, bent the bumper forward a little and put two small scratches on the left side where she slid off the side of the bumper. No dents in the sheet metal. She hit me with her right front fender on my left side rear bumper. when the officer came he talked to her 1st, she said (lied) I was passing her and changed lanes into her right front while we were both still moving and I was going faster than her. Not knowing this I just said I was sitting here stopped for about 5 seconds when she hit me. That's all I said as I thought that this is a no brainer and she would get a ticket. Turns out I get the ticket. Keep in mind that she said I hit her while passing her with the side of my truck. The truck only has two small scratches in the paint, no dents in the side but the bumper is pushed forwards where she hit me from the rear. the bumper is not pushed sideways just forwards. Even the paint scratches told a different story than she was saying as the paint was also pushed forwards and pilled up at the front of the scratches. Any dumb ass could tell I did not hit her car while going faster than her and not with the side of the truck. My bumper would have been knocked sideways or pull backward and the side of my trucks sheet metal should have been dented. So I get a repair estimate that said the truck was hit from the rear, pictures of it and off to court I go. The lady makes up even more stuff in court, said I was behind her at the last stop light honking my horn at her. I was not even on the same road with her when she was at that light. I was on the side road and turned in behind her as she went through the light. I passed her, changed into her lane and then the traffice slowed to a stop. At no time was anyone going over about 15mph as traffic was backed up. In the end, the judge took the officers side because of her hitting my left side with her right side, not even taking into account the physical evidence. So much for the justice system. Makes me wonder how many people are convicted on real crimes. ????

Can't win them all..
CR
Last edited by Crazy Rick on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Els

Post by Els »

Uh oh, the asphalt God's may not be shining upon you CR. Be sure to check your mirrors in Daytona :(

That's a bad ending to your story. That wench walked out of there with a great big smile and thinking how great she is. I can only conclude the she, the judge and the officer were all Obama voters :evil:

With your point totals and mine, we may have a kinder, gentler Daytona than usual. Then again, maybe not 8-)

Els
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Els wrote:Uh oh, the asphalt God's may not be shining upon you CR. Be sure to check your mirrors in Daytona :(

That's a bad ending to your story. That wench walked out of there with a great big smile and thinking how great she is. I can only conclude the she, the judge and the officer were all Obama voters :evil:

With your point totals and mine, we may have a kinder, gentler Daytona than usual. Then again, maybe not 8-)

Els
You are correct on all counts, but I am sure we'll find some ashalt to stripe before the week is up. :shock:
I'll be there all week and may get there early,
see ya there,
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!

Els

Post by Els »

CR,

The weather has sucked here for quite some time. I took the bike down south but haven't had occasion to get back down and ride. Got most of my nitrous installed last visit and will finish it up next week when back down. Due to the lack of riding and cold temps, snow, broken pipes, etc, I'm chomping at the bit to get to Daytona. Actually heading there a day earlier as a result so I arrive Friday 27 Feb. Staying at the Tropic Shores along with a number of other guys staying there. Probably hanging at Stan's tent much of the time. Please give me a holler or stop by Stan's so we can say hello and look for trouble.

Elliot
(239) 410-3040
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

Els, I was pulling out of a drug store going west, this women gave me the right of way, they had the red light going east..i pulled out in front of her , stopped looked to my right then looked to my left and this foreighner came around this women to get in the left turning lane and hit me..the turning lane didn't start for about 6 car lenghts ahead of me..she had to go into uncoming traffic to get up to the red lite to turn..she jumps out of the car and starts screaming at me that she needs me to say i'm sorry..i said you were using an improper lane..Rock got a ticket the week before for the same thing..in fact he was driving my car and hit someone pulling out like i was pulling out..160$ and 2 pts..anyway the cop came did not issue any tickets..i asked him why she didn't get a ticket, he said "my reasons".. he said when there is a long line of traffic she could go into uncoming to get to the left turn lane..I said since when!!! that is illegal lane usage and that i knew someone who got a ticket last week for it..i was pissed told him he needed a job as a MALL COP..well the worst thing is i just took full coverage off my 9 year old car the month before..anyway my insurance calls me and asked about paying her deductable..i said i wasn't giving her shit as no tickets were issued and she hit me as i was stopped..last week Rock gets a letter that his insurance went up due to his ticket, 128$..then a couple of days later he gets another letter saying it was a mistake..then i get a letter due to the accident and ticket issued while he was driving my car my PL PD goes up 240$ a year..WTF!!!! then the insurance company says this woman can take me to small claims to get her deductable..I said have her she won't get a dime from me..We just got new insurance,hell with AAA..got a better deal with our trikes,cars and my homeowners..Michigan has a no fault law..BoomBoom
Els

Post by Els »

Boom Boom,

I KNOW THAT BITCH! She comes down to SW Florida every winter! 4 door Buick, half blind, arrogant asshole attitude, Michigan plates! As a matter of fact, she brings her whole fam damily and friends! They clog up our roads, act like they own the place, give locals the finger, and drive like crap! :(

Sorry to hear that. It really puzzles me how law enforcement can get it so wrong on some of these situations. I guess it becomes a "he said - she said" deal and unless they have witnesses or some bad driver who's straight up enough to be truthful, they may not want to commit. I personally think shitty drivers and lying assholes go hand in hand :evil: .

Sounds like what you guys need is a trip to Daytona. Plenty of crappy drivers there too on 2 wheelers but enough friends and good times to make it go away 8-) .

Elliot
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Els wrote:Boom Boom,

I KNOW THAT BITCH! She comes down to SW Florida every winter! 4 door Buick, half blind, arrogant asshole attitude, Michigan plates! As a matter of fact, she brings her whole fam damily and friends! They clog up our roads, act like they own the place, give locals the finger, and drive like crap! :(

Sorry to hear that. It really puzzles me how law enforcement can get it so wrong on some of these situations. I guess it becomes a "he said - she said" deal and unless they have witnesses or some bad driver who's straight up enough to be truthful, they may not want to commit. I personally think shitty drivers and lying assholes go hand in hand :evil: .

Sounds like what you guys need is a trip to Daytona. Plenty of crappy drivers there too on 2 wheelers but enough friends and good times to make it go away 8-) .

Elliot
This year as soon as I get into Daytona I'm riding to the police department and asking them to just give me a ticket. That way I get it behind me and can enjoy the rest of the week. :roll:
CR