V8Biker pic of the day

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

Re: Wildman's V8Biker pic of the day

Post by Tom »

OK.. Now I see the red intake meeting the black head under the valve cover... Man... What a beast. E.J. had some big ones for sure.
Puff

Post by Puff »

We should invite E. J. to La Crosse!
Wild Bill knows how to contact him.
Wouldn't that be cool?!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Bill
Bill Van Sant

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Somebody was smoking "crack"........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AR

Post by AR »

Wow...all the things you know WM, just blows me away!!!

Is this is the first real example of Boss Hoss 'theft' I've ever heard of or are they stopping short of calling it theft because of the 2 sides to every story thing?

AF

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'm not sure where the Neptune's Net pic came from. I took the photo. I musta posted it on the .com. The yellow bike belongs to Barry, the middle one is Bob's and the 502 partially hidden is Rich's. My bike didn't make it into the shot
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Tom

Post by Tom »

A guy here locally bought a boss hoss that was owned by a friend of mine. Never heard from him after the sale until about a year ago when he called Adrian saying he was looking for another hoss because his was stolen from the street in front of his house while he was taking a nap... Could be some funny business but I don`t know for sure.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

About 30 years ago I was going thru a kinda nasty divorce when my wife claimed that because my Harley Shovelhead was in her garage it belonged to her because possession was nine tenths of the law . It got stolen by me and all of the sudden it was in my possession . I was accused of "Funny Business" but she and her Lawyer got over it and I kept my bike .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Reminds me of a swayed back Hoss . :roll:

Jack
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

WM, it would be interesting to know when the gussets were put on ole Number 1.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Tom

Post by Tom »

That guy looks like Shane`s long lost brother from another mother...
KISS

Post by KISS »

"Old school" bikes rules! :shock:
tjy

Post by tjy »

wm,

how does hawk88s kit #1 compare to this in age?

KISS

Post by KISS »

That one is the famous Blower Bike No1.Today it looks totally different and has TPI fuel injection turned 180° backwards. :o 8-)
AR

Post by AR »

W1LDMAN wrote:
That one is the famous Blower Bike No1.Today it looks totally different and has TPI fuel injection turned 180° backwards. :o 8-)
Damn, that's even cooler KISS!! Birger is the MAN!! Thanks for passing the info along Kim!! WM
Are you sure about that kimmi? I'm confused :roll: , from memory that bike has a 540'ish motor and surely 'blower No1' was a sb?? This one also runs only on the reserve tank as the 'faulsie' tank is all about air/fuel movement & supply, but whats really important is about 2pm one night in PC2007 Birger could barely stand (just like the rest of us..) but that didnt stop him wheeling this beauty into the saloon bar and opening her up for a minute long WOT sight & sound spectacular haha...damn lucky to be there to see it is all I can say.

AF.

edit...actually, looking around the back end where the reserve tank is located i think i spy some serious increased reserve tank capacity engineering... 8-)
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

Yes the 'reserve tank' is even bigger than our standard tank!

Birger evaluated this design over three bikes as far as I remember.
The first had a normal tank on top and a bigger reserve tank.
The second had a smaller tank on top and again a bit bigger reserve tank.
And this special machine has no tank on top and a big tank where the reserve tank was.

Asked about why he did it that way he said something similar to:
I'm engineering sail boats. There you want the weight as low as possible. On the motorcycles it's the same. The tank is big an heavy so I did put it lower.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
KISS

Post by KISS »

Rob,i´m confused now!I´m not so sure about "blower bike no1" anymore! :o He might have several bikes w dummy tank!?

That picture below shows for sure (100%) the real "blower bike no1",but i´m not sure if it had BB at some point or not!???

Birger,HELP US!!!!! :shock:
DSC00088.JPG
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

It's sooo nice to see all these pics. Thanks for posting, WM.

The "Pic of the day" idea is an absolute highlight!!!

Olaf
Els

Post by Els »

WM, speaking of V8Choppers in Norway, there's a Jack Daniels bike that went there. Stan had it at Daytona and I believe it was shipped to RB in Norway shortly thereafter. If you have a pic of that, it would be worthwhile to show some time. It was extremely cool. 8-)

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image

No official numbers but I think it can easily be said that the 32 Ford body trike is the highest seller in the 3 wheeled department at BH. This bad azz trike belonging to rebel Tom Young appears to be an early picture before he and Hawk88 installed the custom Sanderson header system with cut outs. Nice trike Tom!! WM 8-)
Yeah maybe #'s spells t/o but the vette trike is where 'IT' will always be.

AR.

Ps: Signed trike wanabe.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Cool foto of Claudio

Puff Bill
Bill Van Sant

AR

Post by AR »

W1LDMAN wrote:sidenote: Wildman won 1st place in the Sturgis Rats Hole Show August '99 and 2nd place in the Daytona Rats Hole Show in 2000. Haha, a jealous friend told me "yeah you won the trophies now you have to dust them" Funny as hell but I always thought he was right. The trophies could use a good dusting. WM
December 17,2006:
I won first place in the Rats Hole show in Sturgis 99 and second place in Daytona 2000. The funny thing was the judges were complaining that they didnt know how to judge a Boss Hoss because they didnt know that much about them. It was a lot of fun. Good luck to the builders this year.
Wildman and Big Daddy Rat
This is a pic of Big Daddy and me in 99 in Sturgis. It was kind of funny because I had gone to Dyersburg to pick up my new bike kit and on the way home with it I passed Karl (Big Daddy Rat) in St. Louis with it on an open trailer. He gave me the thumbs up when I went by. It was unfinished, just a rolling chassis. I was assembling it in my garage the day Sturgis Rally started and thought why not just take it on to Sturgis and finish it up there at least there I can see some bikes and action instead of working by myself in my garage. I finished it up in the parking lot of Holiday Inn in Spearfish. I was so exited I took off for Sturgis with only a gallon of gas in the tank and ran out and had to fill it up with a couple pop bottles of gas a guy gave me. I made it to the show and won. I had to laugh knowing how close I was to missing the whole thing. I'm sure you know Karl passed a way a few years ago so it is a fun memory. The bike had been built in a week!!
Attachments
boss-hoss-picture-0042.jpg
Els

Re: V8Biker pic of the day

Post by Els »

The Jack Daniels chopper was beautiful up close and personal. I enjoyed seeing it last year when Stan had it displayed at Daytona just prior to going to Norway. JD is more popular than I realized judging from all the pictures and smiles associated with this bike at Bike Week.

Els

Image Image Image
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Tom, the new owner from Norway told me this summer the paint job was for free, sponsored by Jack Daniels.

Olaf
Els

Post by Els »

KrautV8 wrote:Tom, the new owner from Norway told me this summer the paint job was for free, sponsored by Jack Daniels.

Olaf

Wow Olaf, the light bulb just went on :idea: :!: Perhaps we should be going around to some cool sponsors who would underwrite the cost of some kick ass paint jobs with their logos :!: I can think of a few beverage sponsors :roll: (all with alcohol related products), a few performance parts sponsors :twisted: , and a couple of girlie magazine sponsors :shock: that wouldn't be too bad on my bike :!:

Els 8-)
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Many years ago i had a nice HD show bike which was Levis red and in the tank there was Levi Straus written w similar font as HD.So i have been years ahead of you guys!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: