Monte

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

Re: Monte

Post by SQ4MN »

I agree that it can be done IF its restructured completely different than it is now. Its the overhead that kills it I think. I don't know the exact particulars but my guess is that there are to many partners and outstanding loans and employees, high insurance premiums and no money for marketing. The bikes and trikes also face heavy competition from V8 Chopper for a limited customer base at a time when they can least afford it. Its all possible but I stand by my prediction.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

barbarianv8 wrote:as far as emmisions are concerned, i can fit the latest 2017 model Corvette v8 motor in a Barbarian v8 bike.
add pre approved cattalitic exhausts and the bike can pass all American State and European emmision standerds.
its also very easy to add ABS brakes for European needs.
so staying ahead of the Government regulations is doable.
If you mean the 2017 Corvette LT4 motor, it's $15,000 in the crate. Are you really sayings you can dump this motor in a bike, add a transmission and ABS and sell it for under $40,000? The assembly labor must be done by children in China. I believe a sub $40,000 V8 bike/trike is doable, but not with an LT4 motor.
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Opinions, opinions, and more opinions! This is what I love about the "Freedom of Speech", especially on this forum. Time will tell the whole story. I'm STILL staying positive on BH either staying alive with Monte or someone picking up where Ricky left off. Triker
barbarianv8

Post by barbarianv8 »

TXscooterguy wrote:
barbarianv8 wrote:as far as emmisions are concerned, i can fit the latest 2017 model Corvette v8 motor in a Barbarian v8 bike.
add pre approved cattalitic exhausts and the bike can pass all American State and European emmision standerds.
its also very easy to add ABS brakes for European needs.
so staying ahead of the Government regulations is doable.
If you mean the 2017 Corvette LT4 motor, it's $15,000 in the crate. Are you really sayings you can dump this motor in a bike, add a transmission and ABS and sell it for under $40,000? The assembly labor must be done by children in China. I believe a sub $40,000 V8 bike/trike is doable, but not with an LT4 motor.
the LT4 motor would be for Europe and shure it would cost more.
USA at moment does not have the same requirments as Europe,so a bike for the USA market would be priced much lower
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Ok for a matter of conversation here, say Monte were to close the doors (I sure hope not) ! The Nescco and Winters transmissions ! Could it be possible that Stan (V8 Choppers) could acquire one ? How cool would that be ! Craig H.
barbarianv8

Post by barbarianv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:I agree that it can be done IF its restructured completely different than it is now. Its the overhead that kills it I think. I don't know the exact particulars but my guess is that there are to many partners and outstanding loans and employees, high insurance premiums and no money for marketing. The bikes and trikes also face heavy competition from V8 Chopper for a limited customer base at a time when they can least afford it. Its all possible but I stand by my prediction.
yes, Boss Hoss would need to be restructured and downsized to a very small factory with no loans and minimal overheads and employees.
if Monte wants to sell,then it will need to be sold for a very low price in order to allow it to be viable for someone to take over
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

barbarianv8 wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:I agree that it can be done IF its restructured completely different than it is now. Its the overhead that kills it I think. I don't know the exact particulars but my guess is that there are to many partners and outstanding loans and employees, high insurance premiums and no money for marketing. The bikes and trikes also face heavy competition from V8 Chopper for a limited customer base at a time when they can least afford it. Its all possible but I stand by my prediction.
yes, Boss Hoss would need to be restructured and downsized to a very small factory with no loans and minimal overheads and employees.
if Monte wants to sell,then it will need to be sold for a very low price in order to allow it to be viable for someone to take over

How about you ?
barbarianv8

Post by barbarianv8 »

hogv8 wrote:
barbarianv8 wrote:

How about you ?
if i was 10 years younger i would have jumped at it
a factory in Florida producing the Barbarian v8 and the Boss Hoss together under one roof would have been awesome.

at the moment i have moved on to other endeavours,but will always love the v8 bikes.
hope to still get Barbarian v8 over to the States sometime soon
wag

Post by wag »

I heard Monte ordered 6 new trannys so he can't be giving up yet. That's all I'm saying.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Do you know if they are Winters or Nesco?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
wag

Post by wag »

Nesco
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

^^^^ That makes ZERO sense to me. ^^^^
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:^^^^ That makes ZERO sense to me. ^^^^
Makes ZERO sense to me either Dennis....my question is who is building the Nesco??? Boss Hoss Concepts was but they are gone as far as I know...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
sharp1

Post by sharp1 »

He might have 6 bike's to build
Jack

Post by Jack »

Couple scenarios I can think of that would make him buy the NESCO

- Winters tranny could be cost prohibitive.
- NESCO wasn't the worst transmission made and he doesn't have to re-engineer anything to make it work.

I haven't seen a single Winters tranny in action, just hearsay.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Jack wrote:Couple scenarios I can think of that would make him buy the NESCO

- Winters tranny could be cost prohibitive.
- NESCO wasn't the worst transmission made and he doesn't have to re-engineer anything to make it work.

I haven't seen a single Winters tranny in action, just hearsay.
Rick was already offering the Winters as an upgrade this summer...more than hearsay I am thinking...
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Saw it in service with my own two eyes. Not only that, I Drove a bike with it installed. Tranny rode out and shifted great!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Maybe six is the minimum that can be bought although I don't have any idea who you get them from. I hope he has orders for six bikes. The worse thing that can happen is if he does close the doors it will be hard to get certain parts. The mechanical parts other than Nesco parts should not be a big problem but electrical parts (computers) etc will be tougher. NOT IMPOSSIBLE but a little harder. If a bike is crashed it will become tougher to repair it and may be worth more as parts. Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel, as of now we are all just speculating.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Factory website "Current Inventory" had just that yellow 2016 Gangsta trike on it for a long time... now it's got a green 2017 carbed 533hp bike... is that the one that was on there before, or a new one???
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
Jack

Post by Jack »

petitemoose wrote:Saw it in service with my own two eyes. Not only that, I Drove a bike with it installed. Tranny rode out and shifted great!
Thanks Moose...

Nobody took a video of the bike in motion or the transmission installed in the bike? Rick had pictures of it during the assembly process, but I didn't see a finished product posted anywhere. Does the tranny pan sit as low as the oil pan? I think I saw 1 video of the bike idling, if I recall correctly. What does the engagement look like? Switch on the handlebar? What about 2nd gear or reverse?

I'm not doubting that you rode one, I believe you without question (just didn't remember who it was with the intel)- but with such a significant step forward for the brand, I only read a little about it here. Your company is literally relying on this investment in R&D and not a peep of it anywhere other than this little site, with ~20 active posters.

If SQ4MN is right, and there is a 6 tranny minimum... buy 6 transmissions. Sell the "extras" off to the highest bidders.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Jack wrote:
petitemoose wrote:Saw it in service with my own two eyes. Not only that, I Drove a bike with it installed. Tranny rode out and shifted great!
Thanks Moose...

Nobody took a video of the bike in motion or the transmission installed in the bike? Rick had pictures of it during the assembly process, but I didn't see a finished product posted anywhere. Does the tranny pan sit as low as the oil pan? I think I saw 1 video of the bike idling, if I recall correctly. What does the engagement look like? Switch on the handlebar? What about 2nd gear or reverse?

I'm not doubting that you rode one, I believe you without question (just didn't remember who it was with the intel)- but with such a significant step forward for the brand, I only read a little about it here. Your company is literally relying on this investment in R&D and not a peep of it anywhere other than this little site, with ~20 active posters.

If SQ4MN is right, and there is a 6 tranny minimum... buy 6 transmissions. Sell the "extras" off to the highest bidders.
Oil pan is correct height. It bolts in just like the Nesco and takes up the same physical space. It engages and operates just like the Nesco as well with the exception that it shifts quicker between 1st and OD with much less Torque Dive of the bike. Downshifting at 80 to 1st was effortless and not dramatic either. Did not use reverse so I cannot comment about it. I can say that I was told it was an actual reverse with gears and not a band on a drum.
Shifting is done with the foot just like always. Got on it a little in 2nd but nothing dramatic. Felt no slipping or anything bad.
It was in the Orange checkered bike with the drag bars at Paris. Bike was a beast to get up off the stand but that was because of the drag bars and the amount of lean on the side stand.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks again Moose - great feedback.
Now, if only I could get my hands on one :)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

[/quote]

Bike was a beast to get up off the stand but that was because of the drag bars and the amount of lean on the side stand.[/quote]

Hey Dennis...

Mine is way heavier...I have a bad back and I don't have an issue....you need to do more weight lifting!!

ummm...wait...damn....mine is a trike...sorry!!
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Turn the bars full lock towards the side opposite the kickstand before you try to raise it up and it will raise up easier.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

SQ4MN wrote:Turn the bars full lock towards the side opposite the kickstand before you try to raise it up and it will raise up easier.
Better yet, just leave it and buy a new one.