Kannon 300 conversion

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Steve Taylor

Kannon 300 conversion

Post by Steve Taylor »

Finally started stripping the rear end, will keep you posted with the progress.

hogv8

Re: Kannon 300 conversion

Post by hogv8 »

Steve Taylor wrote:Finally started stripping the rear end, will keep you posted with the progress.

That's a nice looking tire you have on your bike . What is it ? It doesn't appear to be a Avon ?

What size is it ?

Thanks , Jack
Kidd

Post by Kidd »

hey,
Call Brian Ford about the kick ass brake caliper he makes its in the pic with marvs wheels
I can't wait for the set for my bike to get in, those brakes are bad ass and blead out so easy its scary
Kidd
Live Respected and Die Regretted- Kidd

KISS

Post by KISS »

Go Steve GO!!! :o Cannot wait to see more pics from the new swing arm!!!!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image

Jack this ought to help ya ( i brighten'd the picture) until Steve can report back but he has some real good info on wheels and tires. I think he has some concerns about us using the 18 inch wheels and the likes of Avon or Metzeler tires not so much because the rear tires aren't approved for our horsepower but more for the load ratings of the front tires that are available in the size. I think he will tell us that the 17 inch combination could be a better choice. Maybe when Steve gets back he can tell us a little more. We are really lucky to have Steve here and be able to benefit from his direct knowledge of the tire and wheel industry. WM
So is this Metzler in the picture a 15" tire ??

Jack
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

The tyre in the pic is still the 200 x 15 Metz, I will be making a wider billet arm and both 300 x 17 and 18 rears because I haven't made my mind up yet. It will be a squeeze, but the 300 will fit centreline with the front sprocket offset by 1 1/4" or 32mm. I will keep you informed with the progress and photos. Regarding the front, I think I'll make a 17" wheel for the Valkerie tyre and an 18" with a 160 70 x 18 rear fitted in reverse. You must run rear tyres on front wheels in reverse due to the way the tread section of the tyre is made. It is a flat strip cut on an angle, then bonded together and can peel apart if fitted the wrong way around :o
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

Looking good there Steve! I hear you are making wheels for our man King Piss. Here is a shot of the wheels Kidd is installing on a customers bike at Trinity Trikes in Moore, Oklahoma. These are Marv's "3-D" wheels for which I would gladly part with my left nut to have on my bike. Thought you might like to see. (the wheels not my nut.) hahaha. WM :twisted:

MMMMM, Mike, if the wheels were that good, wouldn't you part with both nuts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only kidding, the 3d machined wheels are beautiful. 8-)
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

This is the stock arm in pieces, shouldn't be too hard to make a wider one ;)
Attachments
kannonarm.jpg
AR

Post by AR »

Hey Steve,

maybe its the camera angle but that crossmember on the ' before' pic looks awefully close to the tire. Probably you thunk of it already but maybe the potential for additional growth by a 300 should be factored into your redesign?? I recall our Dyersburg heros ended up recallng the early SS swingarms for that very reason.

AR.
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

Thanks for that Aussie, it does run close, so I'll give it a few thou more clearance :shock:
The 300 and 200 have the same OD, but I need a bigger rad on the new cross member.