V8 Chopper Quality Control

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
addicted08

V8 Chopper Quality Control

Post by addicted08 »

These pics are courtesy of The Quality Control Division at V8 Choppers in Miami, OK

Elvis

Re: V8 Chopper Quality Control

Post by Elvis »

Sweet, now there's a man enjoying his work. :)
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Nice "PINK" smoke on that burnout. :oops:

I applied for a full time test rider position at V8 Choppers, but as you can see, that's one job Stan likes to do himself... :lol:
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Els

Post by Els »

That is simply cool as can be! 8-)

I've had 2 Boss Hoss trikes. One was my wife's '63 'Vette small block, the other my '57 Chevy big block. The tire smoking capability even with the 502 modified was pathetic and embarrassing. The only way I finally got it to smoke worth a shit was with a 250 hp nitrous shot or rolling in reverse and slamming it into gear. Hmmm, my grandaddy's old Buick Wildcat could do a good single tire burnout that way back in the late 60's.

The same at the race track. Ron verified this with his track efforts. 502's that won't break 7 seconds in the 1/8th?! :oops: I look at the difference in times Ron has on the different trikes at the track and also see what David has done on his and the verdict is clear cut. These V8Chopper trikes totally kick ass when it comes to performance.

If I was wanting to do some serious long distance cruising on a trike, the Boss would be good because of potential storage capability. Especially the Sierra although the looks... :cry: Anyone wanting to really have a hot rod, smoke tires, and get out of their own way....well, you know the answer.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Stan really has produced a winner in the V-8 chopper trikes.
Two weeks ago I took my chopper trike to a small 1/8 mile
track in Eddyville Iowa. I made 6 passes all between 6.48 and 6.59
and smoked a Hyabusa, 1400 Kaw, and a GSX 1000 all in one afternoon.

Just the looks on the young punks faces after a grandpa on a trike
smokes their asses is priceless! After my last pass I pulled the trike
into the bike/trike show and won the first place trophy.

I have also decided to give my trike a 150# shot of NOS
this winter. Just enough to make this old man feel like 18 again. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Ron,

Congratulations on those runs. That's significantly better than I've run on stock 'Busas, the Gixxer 1000 (GSX-R), and my big block BH...bike and trike. Without nitrous, my 502 BH '57 Chevy never broke 7 seconds. That was with some fancy MSD ignition parts and a Demon carb. Had to spray it with lots of nitrous to get down into the 6's. The 'Busa and Gixxer are good for very high 6's stock. Mods such as extending the swingarm, change the air intakes, use a Power Commander and an air shifter and you can see mid 6's.

A lot of folks who aren't familiar with the track don't realize what a huge span of time a half second is. Even a few 10ths is a bunch. The difference on an 1/8th mile track between a 6.50 and a 7.00 could be 8 - 10 bike/trike lengths. As I recall, you don't have huge tires on your trike either. That's just a kick ass report. I'll be real anxious to hear your numbers after you use nitrous. You won't be able to spray it before the 60' mark in all probability. I'm sure your goal is to bust 6 seconds.

You and Stan should be real proud of those numbers!

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Els, Thanks for the kind words but I have no fantasy of a sub 6 seconds run.
I have been amazed at just how hard it is to shave off a couple tenths in
the 1/8 mile. It is also getting harder to find a track that will allow a V-8
Trike to race. Seem like all I hear is NHRA rules won't allow my trike.

My main goal is to have fun and to be able to spank the little boys
on their Jap toys here in Iowa. Also my wife Deb is learning how
to do burnouts on my trike and is planning on an exhibition run at
Conesville next spring. I can just see a couple thousand crazy
Harley fans watching some chick smoke the tires 300 feet down
the track. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

This is a video I shot in June of this year of Ron on the chopper. I didn't do very well keeping up with him but you get the idea. The farmer whose house we were in front of didn't appreciate the noise and the smoke and he came out to run us off. Must not have been a V8 rider. :(

gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Deb,,
the farmer guy sounds like my assho,, neighbor

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Here is a link that you all might enjoy. Drag races at the Conesville, Iowa rally. You might recognize the racer that is about :46 seconds into the video. Be sure to watch his second pass (right after the one at :46) very carefully! ;)

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=39 ... m=text_url
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

After watching that video 182 time, I think I found out
the reason for the bad handling.

Look carefully and you will see the topless lady along
the guard rail.
Els

Post by Els »

"Topless lady"....where, when, where, ha ha? :shock:

That little track gets a pretty good crowd at least for that event. Personally, it would scare the shit out of me either racing or as a spectator. Looks best for solo runs and as a spectator, near the staging area rather than down the track.

I've got mixed emotions these days with the track. I got bored with the 1/8th mile and that's about all that's in my vicinity or I could run without a lot of the NHRA hassles. It's just such a turn on to do the 1/4 mile especially knowing you can make up for some of the sloppy launches related to tire spin. 1/4 mile was how we were brought up but speeds of 140 or so are infinitely more dangerous than the 110-115 mph usually seen in the 1/8th.

Will probably just wait for Tulsa again next year. I have no doubt Ron will be there as will Gary, hopefully Wildman, David and a few more than this past May...

Els
Image Image Image