MT NG in the wet...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

MT NG in the wet...

Post by AR »

well duh! :roll:

Had a great night dropping my lovely neice off to the red carpet for her high school dance and started heading the 5 hour trip home into the night and thunder storms. Got about 5 mile and the slippin and sliding began...from previous experience i knew the tyre was a bit ordinary in the wet but i put it down to oil patches and puddles. Stayed in a hotel overnight and took offin the daylight straght up the freeway. Light rain only so thought i'd be ok, carefully wound it up and at hitting about 60mph the backend went sideways like a lacrosse burnout only it never stopped until i did. Thats enough R&D on this tyre - verdict is its a slick and goes great in the dry and looks imho the best substitute for the avon but NEVER to be used in the wet. Looking at it...well DUH AR!

AR.
Attachments
MT235SR.JPG
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: MT NG in the wet...

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Rob,

First of all good to hear that you lived through your wet tire testing for all of us V-8 bike riders.
After a ride like that will you have to replace the seat due to the excessive pucker marks now imbedded in the seat? I know i would have to!

all humor aside glad you did not lose it. what kinda tire you going with next? that is one of the many great things about this site, all the experiences and the riders willing to share those experiences whether they are good or bad.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Puff

Post by Puff »

Rob,

Ditto on the glad you didn't dump the bike!
Instead of removing it to install a replacement
tire now, why not groove the NG MT, so you
can get the rest of the life out of it?
Again, glad you are okay!

Bill
Bill Van Sant

AR

Post by AR »

Not sure what to go next guys but after my pucker inducing trip I'm more likely to go back to an mc tyre than try grooving this thing. Like i said Puff my R&D is done with this. Maybe i'll just give up riding in the wet :roll: . In any case this tyre is toast on the 18th October I have a show on where they have asked me to make a cloud i was hesitant before but will gladly do it now :)

Will let you know of what transpires.

AR.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Rob,

How difficult would it be for me to send a Falken 225/60R15 to you in a container to Trevor?

Puff
Bill Van Sant

AR

Post by AR »

Puff wrote:Rob,

How difficult would it be for me to send a Falken 225/60R15 to you in a container to Trevor?

Puff
Very difficult. Thanks Puff but i sort it out on my end. Gives me a project to fill the quiet moments in my life between 3 & 4 am. :lol: