"Big Brute" V8 bikes

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
KrautV8

"Big Brute" V8 bikes

Post by KrautV8 »

It's nice to read that Vic Richards aka "Slippery Vic", the founder of Big Brute V8 Bikes and the legendary, bullet proof VR2 tranny for the Boss Hoss, is still in business. He still offers this unbeatable customer service and fast delivery of trannys like he did a couple years ago, before he got kicked out of the V8 board. This is from 09-02-2009 (!) - read yourself and enjoy:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showt ... 895&page=2

Loaf
KISS

Re: "Big Brute" V8 bikes

Post by KISS »

He is a well known guy here too! :o :( :shock:
Pete has sent money to him years ago,now he is thinking of making a "friendy" visit to him! hahahahh
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

If this guy fucked me like apparently he has many others I would definitely be visiting him personally for a payback . I don't give a fuck who he is or thinks he is . :evil:

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

hogv8 wrote:If this guy fucked me like apparently he has many others I would definitely be visiting him personally for a payback . I don't give a fuck who he is or thinks he is . :evil:

Jack

Jack, it would take a visit but if he told you where he was, it would probably be a P.O. Box or non-existent address. I remember a guy on the old Yahoo V8 Free Speech Forum by the name of "John" I believe who lived in California and had all kinds of headaches with his Nescos. He was convinced Vic was the tranny messiah and ended up selling Gary and I his Nesco awaiting one of Vic's wonderful trannies. We ended up selling that tranny to Lamont who wanted to convert from a single speed to the 2 speed. Then the guy in California after about a year realized he got ripped and we wished we hadn't sold his tranny so we could give it back to him.

Vic contacted Gary and I personally asking if we wanted to go into a partnership with him. Tried begging all kinds of money from us before we told him to go pound sand. It was obviously a rip and he was talking trash about everyone and everything and sounded like he was on an acid trip or something at the time. The only good things I've ever heard about the guy came from his own lips. He was a legend in his own mind. Probably a shame because at one point in time, he had done some worthwhile things but then just became a rip off expert. Anyone hearing that name needs to BEWARE.

Olaf, great find! The guys on that hot rod board would sure like a piece of his ass, ha ha! One day that stuff will catch up with him. Ripping people that bad is going to result in some bad ass tracking him down and getting a piece of his ass...or worse. Sounds like it would be deserved. Anyhow, good reading in spite of it being bad stuff. Thanks!

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I don't claim to be a bad ass but I ain't no push over either . If he ripped me off I would hunt him down . Pay backs are a bitch .

Jack
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

KISS wrote:He is a well known guy here too! :o :( :shock:
Pete has sent money to him years ago,now he is thinking of making a "friendy" visit to him! hahahahh
Pete told me about his order back in 2005 when we first met at Pullman. If I remember right, then he had to prepay 2500 Euros. I sent Pete an email yesterday and asked if he got something, money back or tranny. Pete said "no, nothing".....

That's so unbelievable...Vic is a real MF.

Olaf
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Els wrote: ...I remember a guy on the old Yahoo V8 Free Speech Forum by the name of "John" I believe who lived in California and had all kinds of headaches with his Nescos...
El, I too remember that guy now that you mentioned him....his name was John Reilly. He was (what a fortune) the only one who bought a VR2 tranny from Vic Richards and got his lesson. I never heard of him again (John), but would like to know if he's still riding his Boss Hoss...

Olaf

PS: WM, don't you saved the archive of the Yahoo board on your hard drive? It would be nice to read some "evergreens" like some postings of "Paul the Braggard" with his famous bike. And the bragger, I forgot his name, with the 502 who bought his bike at Texas BH and was faster than the NASA. The one who told us he got a 200mph speeding ticket...hahaha...and the original postings from "Slippery Vic"!. How about a new subject? "Legendary postings of the past"....hahahaha... :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

KrautV8 wrote:
Els wrote: ...I remember a guy on the old Yahoo V8 Free Speech Forum by the name of "John" I believe who lived in California and had all kinds of headaches with his Nescos...
El, I too remember that guy now that you mentioned him....his name was John Reilly. He was (what a fortune) the only one who bought a VR2 tranny from Vic Richards and got his lesson. I never heard of him again (John), but would like to know if he's still riding his Boss Hoss...

Olaf

PS: WM, don't you saved the archive of the Yahoo board on your hard drive? It would be nice to read some "evergreens" like some postings of "Paul the Braggard" with his famous bike. And the bragger, I forgot his name, with the 502 who bought his bike at Texas Boss Hoss and was faster than the NASA. The one who told us he got a 200mph speeding ticket...hahaha...and the original postings from "Slippery Vic"!. How about a new subject? "Legendary postings of the past"....hahahaha... :lol:

Olaf, you've either got an incredible memory (I know, as long as your dick) or you have access to the old Yahoo posts! Yes, it was John Reilly we got the Nesco from!

Your idea of reading some of the archived funny stuff from the old days would be great! There was some wild and wooly stuff going on. I remember when Fred Strammer finally had it with BH and let them have it. I remember how pissed people would get when V8eyedoc would go off on someone or something. I did my share of bitching about the trannies and there was some give and take shit slinging but it was mostly harmless. There would be a library full of stuff for sure considering how active that board was. Lots of great history back to the days when we really needed the forum and each other to figure stuff out. Ahhh, the good 'ol days!

E

P.S. Lennu really did some good magic to the site speeding up the replies! Thanks bro'!
Image Image Image
Rizzer

Post by Rizzer »

KrautV8 wrote:
:(

Mr Reilly recently posted on the .com site. He now has a Ranger Transmission.

mailto:yojreilly@yahool.com

:|
SaultSteMarieOntarioCanada
V8s R PRICELE$$ THERAPY
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

An oldie
Attachments
BigbruteAPI.jpg
5bigbrutes.jpg
Reilly

Post by Reilly »

Hey Elliot
Yes I'm still around, and I check in here now and then to see what's up.
Went threw the ringer with Vic and his crap. I broke 3 of his 1.5" shafts.
I put a ranger in my BH 2 1/2 years ago. Love it. I finally have a tranny that I can do anything I want, in any gear, any time. There are many on the road, (trucks) and never has one failed.
Just took a trip to Montana. It's nice not having to worry if your tranny, will work the next time you put it in gear.
Unbelievable that this BH tranny bull shit is still going on. It's the same crap that was on yahoo seven years ago. Glad it's not my problem anymore. It was a long hard road to get here .
All the best----------------------John Reilly
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Hi John,

glad to hear that you still ride your bike, even after so much trouble. The Ranger seems to be a reliable setup and eveyone who has one is very satisfied with it. It's always good to have options.

Do you remember my first Boss. a 99 single speed? My Nickname on Yahoo was "V8soundlover". I have a 07 SS bike now but still like the ole single speed trannys a lot. It was so easy and no worrys - just put it in gear and leave it in "drive" all day. Very reliable also.

Olaf
Reilly

Post by Reilly »

Hey
The 99 BH one speed was the most reliable tranny BH ever made. It just ran out of gears at high speed.
Hind sight is 20-20, but if I were to do all over again. I'd have kept my 99 BH and installed a ranger.
Els

Post by Els »

Reilly wrote:Hey Elliot
Yes I'm still around, and I check in here now and then to see what's up.
Went threw the ringer with Vic and his crap. I broke 3 of his 1.5" shafts.
I put a ranger in my Boss Hoss 2 1/2 years ago. Love it. I finally have a tranny that I can do anything I want, in any gear, any time. There are many on the road, (trucks) and never has one failed.
Just took a trip to Montana. It's nice not having to worry if your tranny, will work the next time you put it in gear.
Unbelievable that this Boss Hoss tranny bull shit is still going on. It's the same crap that was on yahoo seven years ago. Glad it's not my problem anymore. It was a long hard road to get here .
All the best----------------------John Reilly

John,

Great hearing you're running around problem free. We were going to use your tranny either as a test bed for something wild or keep it on the shelf when we puked a tranny and didn't want to wait weeks for parts and getting it put back together. We could then fix the broken one and always have a spare tranny between us. Between Charlie and I alone, we broke 19 of them. We did figure out how to drive them (like pussies) and slowed down the breakage rate but it still sucked. Seemed like the only viable option for you and us was either do what you did going with the Ranger or what we did...getting rid of the Boss and going to another V8.

For us old guys, it's deja vu because what's going on today is virtually the same as you mention going on 7 - 8 years ago.There's about a dozen in the group I hang with that will never own another. They don't deserve our business and we're not willing to settle for a piece of shit product (as a result of the tranny).

Everyone felt really bad about the time you had with Vic Richards. Speaking about "piece of shit"...

Elliot
Image Image Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I am as happy as can be with my Ranger. I still have a few small issues to get dialed in, but it has been reliable. It has also allowed me to cut the Dyersburg umbilical cord. I don't need a thing from them anymore, so if they went belly up I wouldn't be affected in the least. I know it's not for everyone because of the reverse issue. You just have to pick your parking spots with a bit more care. I never had reverse so, for me, it's the same only better. I've had a number of conversations with Bill Alexander regarding the VR-2 trans. According to Bill, it is actually a well designed unit, but it is very poorly built using substandard materials and sloppy tolerances. Vic refuses to allow anyone else to build it or to buy the rights because of his massive ego. If you read some of his stuff, he claims to have invented nearly everything from the wheel to gene splicing.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/