Boss Hoss Country web site updated

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
KrautV8

Re: Boss Hoss Country web site updated

Post by KrautV8 »

WM,

you are right, the article is offensive for sure, but it's at least not boring - and it makes me curious to the rest of the magazine. I think new blood is good for the mag, and sometimes a little offense might even produce more interest.

I like it for now, and am curious about the rest of the mag. I do also like the new website, it really was time for a new, modern site with better updated info than in the past.

Olaf
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

I am glad there is a new man in town, because the old one was plain desaster.

I am also convinced that Seth did not want to be offensive against people that are not able to ride to the ralley for whatever reason, especially if there is a health problem.

But we all know, that there are many of so called bikers out there who just own a bike for the show and know nothing about biking. If they see a raincloud or a thight curve they rather stop for coffee. Thats the kind of people the article is joking about, not more, not less....and yes, from that perspective, I find it funny. I would rather join them today than tomorrow.

Give the man a chance.

Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Wildman I couldn't agree with you more about this new guys piss
poor attempt at humor. What a great idea to bash about 50%
of Boss Hoss riders! Guess sales are so good they can afford
to alienate their customers.

....Johnston, Iowa
sharp1

Post by sharp1 »

reason i trailer= nesco
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

sharp1 wrote:reason i trailer= nesco
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

....Johnston, Iowa
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

That is most definitely a huge SLAM against people who trailer....why else write those words.

Obviously Seth is a "real biker" and the rest of us who do chose to trailer are not.

That is OK because I would sooner be a person who trailers than one who puts others down for whatever reason.

With you on this one WM!!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Wildman,

All I wanted to say with my first posting was - don't take the article too serious. I am trailering my bike if the distance is too long for my butt or if the weather is too bad for a long trip, I do prefer non stop 24 hours of wrenching at the bike in my garage over 24 hours of non stop riding it. Others, like you and Peter and Uwe like to make that 1000 mile hard core trips. Well, I seem to be one of those pussy riders mentioned by Seth...hahahaha....and do I feel offended by the article? No, I don't.

BUT - you are certainly right - we don't know yet if things will improve with Seth or not...and I agree 100% to everything what you wrote to that matter. I too hope that no more magazines "get lost" emails and phone calls will be answered and that we all are more involved in the future to make the BHRA better.

Olaf
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

just want to mention that I also own a trailer and I use it a lot :) :) ;)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I rode my bike to a trailer show once .

All kidding aside , if you live where the winters are like we have here and you want to ride in a warmer climate you have to trailer your bike to get there . If you live where you never get snow of course you don't need to trailer . DUH

Jack
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'm thinking like 502Wingman, I don't think the article was meant to insult those that load their bikes on trailers to haul them across country... I'm guessing, he's just goofing around.

I myself prefer the ride there and back, to log in those memories. But like Jack mentioned, and Barry well knows... if it's winter where we live... your bike isn't getting 10 feet down the driveway unless you have a snow shovel, or a trailer to move it.

A trailer is handy if you break down... but like my buddy 'Bee sting Dave" at 64 years old, rides his Harley Dyna longer, faster, and further than many riders I know.

If you want to start something with cats like him... just poke fun at the fact he can only do that because his motor is rubber mounted... hehehe...

Besides, if anyone chooses to move their bike via trailer anywhere due to personal preference, medical reasons etc... it's THEIR DAMNED BIZZNAZZ!

Once WM started talking about Nesco options... I figured this thread would shift away from the article... and become a MONUMENTAL Nesco discussion.

Anyone care to bring up the car tire vs. motorcycle tire discussion as well?

Just throw in a wee mix of Bike Vs. Trike... and we got a great Catalyst going!

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
sled350

Post by sled350 »

4-BHCmagazines for 50 bucks a year it needs more stuff and less fluff [advertisement] before I subscribe again. :)
KISS

Post by KISS »

As a secretary of the biggest BHRA chapter in the universe i myself and all the other Finish Fuckers from BHRF want to welcome Seth to his new post!
All good changes are welcome!

Cood luck to your new "career"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Kimi
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

sled350 wrote:4 BHC magazines for 50 bucks a year it needs more stuff and less fluff [advertisement] before I subscribe again. :)
Same here. However,content will always be limited as long as the factory controls the content.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
sled350

Post by sled350 »

w1ldman wrote:Same here. However,content will always be limited as long as the factory controls the content.
Hustler controls there content and yet I enjoy there mag. Especially beaver hunt.
12 issues for $24.95 :)
sled350

Post by sled350 »

Wildman with the new improved cover I'm sure Perv will want 5 copies for him :lol: self.

Being a liitle serious--- This is a sales tool for Boss Hoss. Posting the mag on the net is the way to go. With the language translators the have out it would be a worldwide site and it may lower cost to boot.
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

I see what you did there. :mrgreen:
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Your not alone Clint.

I wondered why I couldn't get that link to open up either. errrrr. I mean Raven, couldn't open it up, I mean... :roll:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
bhcmagazine

Post by bhcmagazine »

Hey Gang:

Sorry for the lack of posting. We're in crunch time on the fall issue (releases to print next week). I really do enjoy reading this stuff... even the Wildman posts! I do value your opinions and believe they're vital to making the magazine, BHRA and Boss Hoss better. My number one goal is to improve the content of the magazine. I'm sure there will be some stuff you don't appreciate in there.... heck, every now and then I'll probably throw in something just to see if you're still reading it! Having said that, I would appreciate your thoughts on the following questions:

1. What are the top five things BHRA should focus on right now.
2. What content should the website (bosshosscountry.com) and the magazine include that is currently missing.
3. What obstacles do we need to overcome to grow BHRA (that we can do something about).

Wildman and I have been in contact just about every day. I appreciate his candor. I hope you'll find that I prefer it that way (in both directions). One thing I promise is that I will make mistakes... bad judgement in editorial, lousy attempts at humor... and more serious stuff. I will own up to it, though. And when we stop being passionate about our positions on all these issues, we might as well return to the cookie cutter motorcycles that 99% of the world rides. But for now, I'll take your smart remarks and passion for Boss Hoss over comfortable dialogue anyday!

Let's ride!!! (or trailer to the place, then ride... :D )

Seth
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

I have a suggestion or two regarding increasing the BHRA membership.

**why not include a membership packet with each new bike/trike that is shipped to the dealer and make it a part of the new owner material(s) ( minimal cost to the BHRA)

**have someone actively hand out membership packs at rallies, ie: Paris Landing

I only found out about the BHRA from the "other" V8 forum

Buck
sled350

Post by sled350 »

w1ldman wrote:
Hustler controls there content and yet I enjoy there mag. Especially beaver hunt.
12 issues for $24.95
hustler.jpg
9129_LarryFlynt.jpg

Seth - How about opening a BH CLUB ?
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

when i bought my Hoss at lima auto mall rodger gave me 1 year membership to BHRA..

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

KISS wrote:As a secretary of the biggest BHRA chapter in the universe i myself and all the other Finish Fuckers from BHRF want to welcome Seth to his new post!
All good changes are welcome!

Cood luck to your new "career"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Kimi
[bKimi,,

i like you attitude, while i am not in a BHRA chapter, as i am the only one i know of in the area of texas with a Hoss, this Texas fucker would also like to welcome Seth to his new post.
Good luck in your new career.

Darryl ][/b]
Darryl Campbell