Paris Landing 2010

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
addicted08

Paris Landing 2010

Post by addicted08 »

Once again Ron & I are off playing on the motorcycles. We arrived in Paris Landing on Tuesday at 1 pm and unloaded my trike to go for a ride. I saw these weird plants along the road and didn't know what they were so had to take a picture of them. I think maybe they are tobacco plants.

Driving thu Dover, TN we saw this guy and it made us think of Wildman so I snapped a pic.
addicted08

Re: Paris Landing 2010

Post by addicted08 »

When we got back to the park we decided to ride thru the camp ground to see if any of the folks with motorhomes were here yet and found Barry, Krazy Kristine, Richard and Erin. We had a fun time visiting with the 4 of them and watching burnout/drag race videos on the computer. Ron was showing them the videos from Conesville.
Looking forward to a week of fun and hope to see as many of you as possible here! We'll miss you Wildman and Pammy!
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Thanks for the update, keep them coming.

Miss you guys and gals, have fun.
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Wednesday was just a hanging out, talking to friends kind of day. Conrad and Cheryl made it down today.

Krazy Kristine showed Conrad what her shirt said up close and personal.

Then Kristine brought out the bean bag toss game and she, Cheryl, Conrad and Billy had a long game.

Hope to have more for you tomorrow.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Wildman we miss you here in Paris!

Several people asking about you and I just tell
them you are off attending an international gay
and lesbian convention. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Thursday was the official start of the Rally. The vendors/dealers were all set up and some of us gals were checking out the merchandise

The guys were checking out the progress being made on Rock Star's trike.

Then Ron put new red smoke tires on his chopper in preperation for a ride and an opportunity to "lite em up".

We went on a nice long ride and when we stopped for lunch this was in the parking lot. Not sure why it was there but it made us think of Wildman (the sticker).
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Some of the group at lunch at Patti's.

And then we all headed back to the hotel/camp ground

After hanging around the camp ground and having a bit of supper we headed back to the hotel to put the bikes away and go in for the Boss Hoss meet and greet.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

After lunch we stopped for gas before heading back and this is a video of everyone leaving the gas station. Can you guess who the lead bike is?
http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo10 ... nt=074.mp4

Yup, you guessed it, Ron started off the smoke show with the pink smoke then Shane followed up with white smoke.
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

BTW, those are tobacco plants and the leaves are being primed "picked" to non natives. Wish we were there but I have an opportunity to teach this Saturday which will give us an extra night in Daytona next month.
Buck
GRLPWR

Post by GRLPWR »

Stretch and I also wish we were there! Fall is settling in up here...after the excellent summer we had, lower temps are rather disturbing :? Deb, please tell everyone we said hi! Ride safe! Drink lots in my honor and keep the pics comin...

Sue
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Stanford Boss Hoss is supposed to have My Buddy Terry Coopers BB with the American Flag paint scheme for sale there at Paris . Nice Bike for someone . Check it out .

Jack
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Friday was the day of the parade from Paris Landing down to Paris. Unfortunately not all of us made it to Paris. Phyllis Duncan was riding her bright yellow corvette body 502 and was hit from behind by a 76 year old man in a Ford Taurus. Phyllis is ok but pretty banged up. She did sustain a fracture in her ankle and cuts on her hands, knee and above her right eye. Some minor road rash on her right side and of course lots of bruises, a pretty deep bone bruise on her left shin. She has a boot on her fractured ankle but is in amazingly good spirits. This is what the car looked like after hitting her.
Her trike went shooting down into the ditch and into the trees. Phyllis was thrown off of it and landed in the gravel at the edge of the road then slid a ways down into the ditch. Here is her bike where it finally stopped.
At first glance it didn't look like there was much damage to the bike besides the scratches on the back where the car hit it but it will have to be checked out by the professionals.
Last edited by addicted08 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Once again this amazing group of riders stepped up to help out a fellow rider in need. There were several folks who stepped forward and identified themselves as nurses and got to work helping Billy take care of Phyllis and evaluating her condition. Several others stepped up to talk to the police as witness to the accident, and others helped get the trike out of the trees and onto a tow truck. Phyllis was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and checked out. A couple of hours later she was released and ready to head back to the campground with her new crutches and walking cast.
After spending some time with her foot elevated and ice on her shin in the motorhome she decided to head out to see what the guys were up to. She even found a "convenient" way to get out of the motorhome.
Knowing that Phyllis was ok after what looked like a really bad accident (she is one lucky lady!) everyone relaxed around the beer cooler.
Last edited by addicted08 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Erin and Richard picked up a souvenir at the accident site for Phyllis....the Ford emblem off the front of the car that hit her.
Ron thought that was a really nice thing for Erin to do.
When it was time for the Meet and Greet and dinner Phyllis said she felt just fine and wanted to go too. So Harold offered to be her "limo" driver.
And Ron tried to talk Kristine into riding over on the chopper with him.
So, it was a rather exciting day but in the end everyone is fine and in good spirits. I imagine that Phyllis will be more sore tomorrow but she is doing very well. She even callled Crazy Rick to tell hem that he isn't the only "crash dummy" in the group. She is one tough lady!
AR

Post by AR »

seeing that smile still on her face is a beautiful thing. Thanks for the great coverage Deb... 8-)
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Durn, hate that "Phyl" got banged up, heal quickly and we'll see you in Daytona.
Buck & Susan
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Great to hear it was no worse! Best wishes for a quick recovery.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

The last night of the rally was definitely fun filled. There was an amazing band playing and Rock Star did a little pole dance for us.
He and Krazy Kristine were dancing to the music when Rock broke out his best Air Guitar moves.
Then he grabbed one of Phyllis' crutches and used it as a guitar.
He even went up to the stage right in front of the band and "played" along with them
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

It was also a night of giving. Billy Duncan surprised his wife with a photo taken just a few miles before her crash.

Burger and his wife, Martalena (spelling??), rode on the poker run Saturday. When the group stopped at Hooters for lunch, Puff and Caveman decided to take up a colection at their table to buy a pair of Hooters hot pants and give them to Martalena as a gift. They waited until evening to give them the hot pants saying they were a gift for riding with them earlier.
Martalena even held them up for everyone to see.
Later in the evening, Perv talked her into putting them on so everyone coud see how they fit. So she slipped them on over her pants and modeled them. :lol:
What a good sport!
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

A few more pics from Paris................

Friday night Deb figured if Ron was going to make it through the weekend on his tires might be best he ride with her to dinner.

Some pictures from the group photo Saturday morning.

A couple of Mountain 606 bikes.

Saturday evening tennis match between Bill and Deb with Caveman for ballboy.

Another pic of Rockstar entertaining.

Rad making some announcements the final night.

Someone had a few drinks the last night.

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

You can always count on someone having a camera anytime
you are forced to ride bitch. It's all Billys fault forcing me to
start drinking in the afternoon. Also Shane WTF is the smiley
over the gals face that has a drinking problem?

....Johnston, Iowa
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Perv:

I think you look kind of "cute" behind Deb...................

Paybacks for me riding bitch in Sturgis.................... (.)<

:mrgreen:
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Perv wrote:You can always count on someone having a camera anytime
you are forced to ride bitch. It's all Billys fault forcing me to
start drinking in the afternoon. Also Shane WTF is the smiley
over the gals face that has a drinking problem?

I believe you were enjoying being on the back of that trike. The picture is kind of blurry but I still can make out a big grin on your face, the fairing blocks why you were grinning :twisted: Guess the smiley is there because the camera saw a happy person who had just finished a table full of drinks.

Shane