Trip through France and Spain

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Swiss V8

Trip through France and Spain

Post by Swiss V8 »

This summer I decided to go on a longer trip.

Starting in the east of Switzerland, riding through the east of France to the Meditranian see, along the coast west towards Spain. Riding through Andorra to Barcelona. Crossing Zaragoza riding into Madrid. On the way back I rode North to San Sebastian in Spain and to Bordeaux in France. From there crossing through France back to Switzerland again.

It took me 12 days with all together 4600km.

I'm in the process to upload more than 1000 pics so go and look at some really nice ones here:

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/tt12 ... e%20Spain/

I had to move the folder. Here is the new location:
http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... in%202010/

Browse through the folders numbered by the day I was on the road.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Swiss V8 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
KISS

Re: Trip through France and Spain

Post by KISS »

Looks like a nice trip Martin!!!!! European version of road 66 :?: :roll:
bob4108

Post by bob4108 »

Hey Martin, to bad we couldn't hook up again and have you as the tour guide like Germany. Pics are great as we are leaving for Barcelona on Nov 1. Any place special we should see? And how about great places to eat," drink", and make good friends. Looks like you put quite a few kms under your belt in a short amount of time. Didn't happen to find a pretty seniorita on your way to take home with you? :lol:
ImageImage
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

bob4108 wrote:Hey Martin, to bad we couldn't hook up again and have you as the tour guide like Germany. Pics are great as we are leaving for Barcelona on Nov 1. Any place special we should see? And how about great places to eat," drink", and make good friends. Looks like you put quite a few kms under your belt in a short amount of time. Didn't happen to find a pretty seniorita on your way to take home with you? :lol:
There is just one advice for Barcelona:

Buy a Tourist Bus ticket for one or two days. It's just great! You get around in the city where you need to be and just hop on and off as you want. You get earplugs to listen to the explanations on the bus. It's a double decker bus with a open top. It might be chilly up there but you have a great view! :mrgreen:

You can buy the ticket at the bus or at some information centers or travel agencies.
Have a close look at your hotel, they might have reduction tickets for this.

Be carfull there are different ones. The one with tree routes (red, blue and green) is the really good one.

Here is some internet information about the bus.
http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/web/guest/home

I did this, but just for half a day and It was the best roundtrip with many informations I could get in 4h. Oh yes, I did not leave the bus because I had to keep on riding.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

Finally I got all my France and Spain pics uploaded onto photobucket. My first account was too small for all so I had to create a new one. :roll:

And now here it is:
http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... in%202010/

The numbers tell you the day of my jurney.

I started in the evening of september 13th and arrived home in the afternoon of september 25th.
I did not use freeways, except in Switzerland, as I have seen that countryside many times. I was on some really wide built country roads where the speed limit was 110km/h (65mil/h) but more often I used side roads with little traffic.
I enjoyed riding through a wonderfull nature with many different faces, green, gray brown and some yellowish. Plain grass-land, forests thick as a wall, some lonly trees in a really dry flatland, rocks like big fort and rocks scattered all over the flat area. I was at sea-level and 2 hours later at 2100m (7000feet) altitude. I had wonderfull sunshine, light drizzle, and even heavy rain on the road. Sometimes I saw heavy rain from the distance and decided to take a different road than planned. Sometimes I got away without rain sometimes not.

Over all it was a great experience. I talked to quite a few people on my way, and none of them knew the Boss Hoss exists. :shock:
In France they can not be licensed. And in Spain, there is only one we know.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

very cool my friend 8-) :)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany