topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Toastie

what pipes are allowed in germany

Post by Toastie »

damn, l lost my new thread.
anyways...........

just wondering about the stock pipes on a 502,
can you run the stock loud pipes, or do you have to use baffles?

ln case l move there
AR

Re: what pipes are allowed in germany

Post by AR »

:lol: pretty sure that there's nowhere in the civilized world they actually allow you to run stock shorties on a 502...even in good o'l usa i believe its a case of turning a blind eye. I'm with Squirm on this one...just be polite, pay the fine, and use whatever pipes you want.
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

most guys that have a 502 run the open stock pipes, but, of course, it is not allowed (.)< Have not heard of any problems so far.
Personally I dont like them that loud, especially on longer rides.......
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
bob4108

Post by bob4108 »

Peter, the faster you go the further the sound is behind you, heh heh. Anyway thats the rule I live by.
ImageImage
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

Im seriously considering moving to Germany.
No doubt I would take my bike with me.I was hoping I would hear from someone close to where I want to live. Magdeburg to Berlin..... Saxony if you will.

My family there dont ride. Asking them is pointless.
Here in Canada, the law says nothing about my short pipes.
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Dont worry. If you move to Germany you are very welcome and we will help you. The friends in Cologne can certainly help you with the Boss :)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

Cologne is where my uncle is, one of them anyways. lol

I am more concerned with work than anything else.
I like to work for myself. Trying to import a u500 Mog for work here.
I would not hesitate shipping it back in a year or 2.

Snow is what I like to do in winter.
Where I want to live, there is not so much, so maybe 2 residences are in order.
My goal is to buy back my fathers house in Gorzke. He left in 1943 for obvious reasons.
The other 4 homes are near Oebisfelde. 2 there and 2 in Dohren.
In spring, I am working on my stadtburgershaft.

I am already thinking about the tankstelle and what the people would say when I pull in. lol
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Toastie , If your love dealing with snow so much maybe you should consider moving to Parish, N.Y. :lol:

Jack
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Has anybody tried these? I like the straight pipe sound and so far have been able to get around any noise ordinances ... maybe this would be an option without making the bike sound like a Honda?

Link to part: Dynatech Vortex Cone Inserts http://www.summitracing.com/search/?key ... tech&dds=1
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Don,
we have similar systems here called db-killers. (db= dezibel). Of course it is not legel to take them out and ride without them ;)

I think the way to go is still an electric system that is adjustable while you ride. It makes no sense to be stopped by police and then you say " wait a minute, I have to walk back and adjust my mufflers"

You saw my system when we met in Daytona 2006 (Still remember that evening like it was yesterday :) Great time)

Toastie,
be aware that beeing selfemployed is even harder in east Germany where the economy is still not so strong like in other parts of the country.
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

502wingman wrote:Don,
we have similar systems here called db-killers. (db= dezibel). Of course it is not legel to take them out and ride without them ;)

I think the way to go is still an electric system that is adjustable while you ride. It makes no sense to be stopped by police and then you say " wait a minute, I have to walk back and adjust my mufflers"

You saw my system when we met in Daytona 2006 (Still remember that evening like it was yesterday :) Great time)

Toastie,
be aware that beeing selfemployed is even harder in east Germany where the economy is still not so strong like in other parts of the country.

Peter -

Your exhaust system is VERY cool and I believe the best solution available to go from loud to QUIET (all without leaving your seat)! If I did not see/hear the difference it would be hard to describe. I thought maybe the "cones" could be used by somebody that just wanted quieter exhaust 100% of the time but I didn't know if they work as advertised or not?

Jeez, I can't believe that was back in 2006 when we met! I had a great time with very good burgers and better friends ... we'll need to do that again sometime! I try to get to "The Breakers" whenever I go to Daytona.

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Don , not to change the subject but where is the Breakers ?

Jack
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:Don , not to change the subject but where is the Breakers ?

Jack

Jack -

It's a VERY small bar down in New Smyrna Beach. It sits right on the water and is a very cool place to ride to and the food is EXCELLENT. Here is the address:

518 Flagler Ave, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169

One of the hurricanes a few years back destroyed the place and I missed my burger fix because they were boarded up. I was happy to see they did rebuild and the food stayed the same. Give it a try Jack, I think you'll like it.

Don

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thank Don, I think I've been there but only for a couple of beers . Your right , nice place to ride to .

Jack
Toastie

Post by Toastie »

Don,

I understand all too well about being self employed. I have not worked for anyone for a long time.

My biggest problem here is people who cant stand the sight of me. Im in the courts right now because of it. Something todo with my funny last name if you get my drift.

One of the things that makes my life simpler is I dont owe anyone any money. Im working now on importing a newer u500 Unimog. If I get this contract here, it too will be paid for in short order.

My master plan is too work the winters where it snows alot, and close to my family in summer.

My thought is simple, hungry is hungry, no matter where you are. Family is more important for me than all else. And since all my family is there, it simplfies my thoughts.

I figure that if my father could survive here as a POW, and not speak English, all is possible. He was cremated, and its time I took him home.
But I cannot live without my 502 or my ultra classic. I would not sell them. I would like to show Cheryl much of Europa. She has never been there and I miss it.