triple burn...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

triple burn...

Post by AR »

nope I'm not one of the big burnout club but on leaving a mates rural residence today I had a nice straight stretch of country road, no chance of the fuzz, and an expectant audience...twas safe as houses for a NOS experiment as I've always wondered what happens at various speeds. I run a stock ZZ4, Avon 230, and 150 hp shot of NOS that activates only on WOT as the maker intended. it went as follows;

cruised up to 60kph (40mph) - went WOT - nice roar, immediate smoke show for about 20 yards, shift light flashed me set at 5800rpm and backed off. no surprises here, and found myself doing about 100kph/60Mph.

kept on the throttle to about 110/70 and tried again...ditto and found myself going about 130/80 ish

I was having fun and it looked cool but this thing wasnt even looking like hooking up.
kept on the throttle must have been 150/95mph ish and ditto once more. about now I was running out of straight road and realising that given the chance to run my bike on the quarter I would look fantastic but be beaten every time. :oops:

This all happened in a matter of seconds but I came to realise during my third burn that with the combination of components that I have with a 150 shot you will get ABSOLUTELY no traction under 100mph without a NOS controller so keep that in mind you nitrous wannabes!

Cool huh!

Aussie.
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: triple burn...

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Rob,,,

Good info and test that you provided. I have been wondering of if i wanted the 1000$ or so investment and how it would go. I am a bit hesitant of using NOS as i know if everything is not EXACTLY right,,,, pistons can be toast and Shit runs down hill so rods and crank could be also. I trashed a pontiac 455 one time,,, debris coming out of the oil pan broke the casing on the starter,,, :oops: :oops: :oops: it's not pretty when a distributor bolt backs out cuz of being loose (Yes I am the dumbass) :roll: :roll: :roll: and the oil shaft that drives the oil pump from the distributor runs up in the motor at about 4500 rpm,,, leaves a nice 5 quart oil slick on the highway going to work let me tell you. :shock: :shock: 1984

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Tom

Post by Tom »

Rob... Go with a 100 shot and don`t hit the bitton until after you have gone WOT and let the tire settle down. With some practice you can make it hook up at 60.
KISS

Post by KISS »

"I was having fun and it looked cool but this thing wasnt even looking like hooking up.
kept on the throttle must have been 150/95mph ish and ditto once more. about now I was running out of straight road and realising that given the chance to run my bike on the quarter I would look fantastic but be beaten every time. :oops: "

Rob,you never look like a looser when you have "too much" power!

You get better traction if you remember to put your loaded wallet in rear pocket.
AR

Post by AR »

Tom wrote:Rob... Go with a 100 shot and don`t hit the bitton until after you have gone WOT and let the tire settle down. With some practice you can make it hook up at 60.
Tom, confirming that I dont run the separate activation button, the NOS solenoids relay is simply triggered by the microswitch on WOT so the back tire rally has no chance to settle down. When I get another burst of energy I will hook the horn button up and I think the 100hp pills are a good idea also for nitrous economy...at 150 i only get around 10 good bursts before the 2.5lb bottle's empty and its obviously overkill at 150.

thanks for your advice.

Rob.