Daytona and other places...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
addicted08

Daytona and other places...

Post by addicted08 »

Hi all. Ron and I are on another adventure. We went to Melbourne, FL to pick up my new trike. :D

Then we rode down to Key West.

After spending the night and the following day in the Keys we headed back to the north. We drove through some orange groves and I was amazed that the blooms smell like a sweeter version of lilacs.

Then we went to Daytona for several days. We found the V8 Chopper display at the racetrack and visted with the guys and girls there. Later that evening we brought some beer over to share with them. Ron even found cans of Bud Light that were just the right size (8 oz) for Stan and Steve. :lol:
addicted08

Re: Daytona and other places...

Post by addicted08 »

The next day we went back to the racetrack to check out the vendors and found Stan test driving a trike from one of the other vendors.

And then this gal walked up the to V8 Choppers tent and I just had to get a picture of her shirt! I thought it was funny and so did Ron.

Then we drove south on Ridgewood from Int'l Speedway to find the Boss Hoss dealers set up in the Big Tree Mall parking lot. There was a group there called Ride Like a Pro that did some demos for the folks checking out the Boss Hoss displays. They were very good.

We did have about 3 days where the weather was windy, cloudy, cold and rainy so we didn't get far from Daytona. But once it cleared up and warmed up we headed down toward Titusville. Ron saw this bridge, thought it looked interesting so we drove over it.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

The bridge took us to Merritt Island where we had a really good time driving through a wildlife preserve. We saw 13 alligators and loads of water birds.

This is a vulture that had been standing on the roadway when we drove up he flew away and I got this shot.

There was one spot where you could park and walk to a deck overlooking the water for bird watching so we went to check it out. On the deck saw 4 different kinds or colors of lizards. They were really cute.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

After seeing the lizards we drove on and saw these guys sunning themselves on some little islands. We were just glad that there was a little water and grass/weeds between them and us! I didn't even get off the trike to get this shot.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

After spending more than a week in and around Daytona we decided to head up to North Carolina. It is a part of the country we haven't seen before and we decided it would be a nice little detour on our way home. We stayed in Ashville, NC so that we could get on the Blue Ridge Parkway the next day. Our intention was to ride it over to Cherokee, NC and from there it would be just a short ride to Cherohala Skyway which Harold Blocker has told us a lot about, and the Dragons Tail. This first pic is the Blue Ridge Parkway.

There was a detour due to construction on a part of the parkway and we weren't very happy when we saw on the map that it was taking us quite a ways out of the way. But then we went through the Pisgah National Forest and saw this waterfall and the ride was really pretty even though the trees don't have leaves yet.

The view from the parkway, once we got back on it, was really neat as well. I'm sure it is so much prettier in the summer when all the leaves are out. There were even a couple of tunnels to drive through.
AR

Post by AR »

I like it, 'saw this bridge that looked interesting so drove over it'. 8-)

thanks for posting!
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

The drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway getting over to Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon was really pretty. The trees were blooming and so were the daffodils.

There was a river running next to the road and we saw several groups of rafters. Boy does that look like fun!

We got off the Blue Ridge Parkway at Cherokee and went over to highway 143 for the Cherohala Skyway. It was a fun road to ride but would have been prettier if the leaves were on the trees but there was still lots of neat scenery. Especially those with my trike in it. :D

When we came off of the Cherohala Skyway in Tellico Plains, NC the first thing we saw was evidence that a tornado had been through there not too long ago. The damage to the trees and a few houses was really something to see.

Most of the town was spared and we saw a sign thanking God that no lives were lost. It was a cute little town for sure.
Boom Boom

Post by Boom Boom »

nice pics Deb....Abbey just checking if she is riding a V8..Boom

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

great finally meeting y'all at the Sunshine Mall, BH area. Nice to know who has been taking all those pics, keep it up.
Buck & Susan
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

It was nice meeting you in Daytona. Deb just got a new camera and we are off to Arizona
and where ever the road leads us on Tuesday so I'm guessing more pics will be coming.

She is all excited about getting her baby back from AZ Boss Hoss. Just so she doesn't
make me ride bitch on the trip. :doh: