Labor Day weekend ride

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Labor Day weekend ride

Post by Iron Maiden »

Bill and I have had a great weekend so far. The weather has been perfect considering it is August in Florida. Sunny 90 degrees slight breeze, the usual afternoon storms have been coming in after dark. We didn't have any plans for the holiday except to take the bikes out and relax. Yesterday we rode to a local diner for breakfast, we parked out front in the street. While there, an employee asked if she could take some pictures and post them on their Facebook page. We said it was OK and by the time we came home the picture was not only posted but we are now their cover photo. :D We had a really nice ride today to Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach. We shopped at J&P Cycles then went to Houligans for a beer and wings, then we finished the day sitting in the Gazebo with a cocktail watching the storm clouds come in - Life is good!!! :thumbup:

Has anyone had any memorable rides this summer or weekend?

Elvis

Re: Labor Day weekend ride

Post by Elvis »

Sweet :)
hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

[quote][/quote]

I had a great ride last month. Did not ride the V8 but rode the Road Glide from Huntsville, AL to York PA where we toured the H-D Motor Company Assembly Plant. It was interesting to see the bikes, all the gas tanks, fenders, etc. waiting for final assembly...neat tour and it was free.

We traveled back through Gettysburg, visited the NASCAR Museum in Charlotte, and rode US 421 "the snake" with 489 curves in 33 miles, covering three mountains and one valley. I had the best bologna sandwich and a Dr. Enuff from a general store along the way...that brought back many memories of when I was a kid walking or riding my bicycle to the store.

http://www.421thesnake.com/

I really enjoyed riding the snake over the Dragon...it was not as crowded and more relaxed ride without having several sportbikes behind or zooming around you. It was fun! For lunch we would find a Mom and Pops cafe...the food was worth the trip alone.

There were three of us and we used the Scala Rider G9® Bluetooth® communication and intercom systems...all three of us were paired up and we talked old times, told stories, and laughed so much during the ride. The Scala was excellent because we could communicate about the traffic around us. If you ride and don't have a communication system...you're missing out the best part of the ride.

Overall, it was a great motorcycle trip. Now I'm ready for my next trip...have any of you traveled US Highway 2 from Maine to Washington State? It looked like a good ride with no large cities, some deserted towns and buildings, and lots of long two-lane roads going across the states.

Anyway just wanted to share my trip report...

Randy

Randy
Randy
Huntsville AL
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

HD -- That is one awesome ride you took - Thanks for sharing. Our luck ran out 2-3 miles before home on Monday, the skies opened up and we rode in a torrential downpour!! WOW worst rain I ever rode in, it was like driving through an automatic car wash. The only good news is that I needed a shower and the trike needed to be cleaned !! :D

hdtrader

Post by hdtrader »

Thanks Iron Maiden...sorry about the downpour. We had two days of it on our trip. My next trip is to the Thunder Beach Fall Rally in PCB and maybe a trip to Texas before December.
Randy
Huntsville AL