Custom Works in Daytona closing

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Custom Works in Daytona closing

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks to Paul H for the e-mail notifying me of this. Even though they were not a Boss dealer anymore, they still had access to parts as a dealer and were authorized to perform services.

Had used them in the past with good results. The new dealer, http://beannies.com/ does not have their own service dept but has a shop close by who does their work. Have not used them yet. I try to do as much service as possible myself.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Custom Works in Daytona closing

Post by Iron Maiden »

Too bad - I hate to see places like this fail. It was a great location and really nice facility. :bawling:

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The first time I saw that place my thoughts were that that facility had to be a huge nut to support .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I will miss that store and related events for Bike Week...stopped there quite a bit in the past 2 years.

All the best to those involved finding other employment.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:I will miss that store and related events for Bike Week...stopped there quite a bit in the past 2 years.

All the best to those involved finding other employment.

Barry -

I don't believe Custom Works is closing their doors, I could be wrong ... I think they are just not going to be a Boss Hoss dealer. They were a MC dealer before they carried the BH line and I suspect they will still be a MC dealer. I would guess BH was less then 10% of their sales/service and probably LESS.

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:08 PM, CUSTOM WORKS <parts@cwidaytona.com> wrote:
AFTER 17 YEARS IN BUSINESS - WE ARE CLOSING THE STORE. OUR LAST DAY OPEN WILL BE JUNE 20 TH 2014 CLOSING AT 5PM. BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY 6/20/14 5 PM EVERYTHING IN THE STORE WILL BE 50 % OFF SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE + SALES TAX. NOT INCLUDING VEHICLES . SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY. NO SPECIAL ORDERS - ONLY GOOD FOR IN STOCK ITEMS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
YOUR CUSTOM WORKS TEAM
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

hogv8 wrote:The first time I saw that place my thoughts were that that facility had to be a huge nut to support .
I thought the same thing,Jack.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Carl La Fong wrote:On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:08 PM, CUSTOM WORKS <parts@cwidaytona.com> wrote:
AFTER 17 YEARS IN BUSINESS - WE ARE CLOSING THE STORE. OUR LAST DAY OPEN WILL BE JUNE 20 TH 2014 CLOSING AT 5PM. BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY 6/20/14 5 PM EVERYTHING IN THE STORE WILL BE 50 % OFF SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE + SALES TAX. NOT INCLUDING VEHICLES . SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY. NO SPECIAL ORDERS - ONLY GOOD FOR IN STOCK ITEMS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
YOUR CUSTOM WORKS TEAM
I guess they are closing the doors ... that is too bad. They had a good location and nice piece of property. Hopefully employees will find other work quick.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

That is so sad. Ted and his people are great. Ted came to Germany a couple of times for Boss Hoss and other events. Always had a good time. My understanding is that his main business is a trucking company near Boston. I guess Daytona was a too expensive "Hobby".
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany