Best Bike Week ...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Best Bike Week ...

Post by V-MAN »

I just wanted to say THANKS to everybody that helped make this year the best Bike Week ever!! I have been coming down to Daytona two times a year for as long as I can remember. I don't go to Bike Week (or other events) for anything but visiting with friends ... vendors and manf are always the same ol thing ... we come to spend time with our friends! (some manf and vendors ARE my friends)

Lots of laughs and meals (also coffee :capwin: )were shared starting two weeks ago as friends started to arrive in town. Unfortunantly many of my friends have left town or will be leaving shortly ... We wish you all safe journeys back to home or wherever it is your headed! Till our next visit wherever that may be, stay safe and be well ...

Don & Kim (50% angel)

:usa: :germany: :canada: :switzerland:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Best Bike Week ...

Post by Iron Maiden »

I have to agree with Don that this Daytona Bike week was the best one yet!! But I have to disagree with you Don- Kim is 100% angel LOL!
Attachments
We missed you Petite !
We missed you Petite !

Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

Thank you all for posting pics or vids! :thumbup:
I hope to be in that last picture with all of you next year.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Guess going to Daytona Bike week for the last weekend of the event is not such a great idea :doh: I could not meet any of the group, maybe for Biketoberfest I have the chance or at other event, anyhow, have a great week and ride safe

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Ronald wrote:Guess going to Daytona Bike week for the last weekend of the event is not such a great idea :doh: I could not meet any of the group, maybe for Biketoberfest I have the chance or at other event, anyhow, have a great week and ride safe
The next Event is the V8's in the Smokies. Rooms are inexpensive and from what i can tell there will be a good bunch of folks there
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

No doubt, great times were had with many V8 friends this year!

Heck, Don & Kim invited several of us to dinner up in Palm Coast where we had a GREAT time, but then they even split a huge rain storm in two so we could ride back to the condo & stay dry. On the weather radar, this storm was huge & impossible to ride through, but somehow we did it.... Nice Job you two!!!

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

It gets better every year for me. I can't imagine a better Bike Week but if it does it will be over the top again like this one. Hopefully Gwen can come next year...that would be a God send!

New friends made. Caught up with old friends. Laughs and more laughs and still more laughs...thanks to my new friends from Germany Peter and Sabine. Peter looks serious but can get you going too if you mention Mr. Bean!! and Sabina..what a hoot that lady is. Can't wait to get to Pullman for more fun.

The hospitality shown me was just awesome from everyone. Home away from home. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Getting the trike to Orlando Saturday for the voyage to Germany was a piece of cake thanks to my friend from Germany, Mark Seivers...

AND ....a suggestion was made to me to just get a trike and leave it there for Bike Week...Biketoberfest or whenever I just want to escape. 2 days later a trike deal surfaced and today I wrapped the deal up. I will have an awesome yellow 2006 Boss Hoss 32 Coupe sitting in Daytona in a month or 2.

The V8 Family Rocks!
Attachments
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0139.JPG
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
tjy

Post by tjy »

We too had the best BW ever with new friends from different parts of the world. Lots of rides, wonderful dinners, and best of all Lots of camaraderie. It was kinda sad to have to say goodbye at the last Breakfast, but We will all meet up again soon! Barry We have your spot already setup in the Mancave! Nancy wants to know if your still interested in her Idea you two were discussing!! She really likes yellow! :ridding: :usa: :germany: :canada: :england:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

tjy wrote:We too had the best BW ever with new friends from different parts of the world. Lots of rides, wonderful dinners, and best of all Lots of camaraderie. It was kinda sad to have to say goodbye at the last Breakfast, but We will all meet up again soon! Barry We have your spot already setup in the Mancave! Nancy wants to know if your still interested in her Idea you two were discussing!! She really likes yellow! :ridding: :usa: :germany: :canada: :england:
Tom...

Room in the Mancave already...wow!!

I know Nancy threw out an idea and for the life of me I honestly don't remember the details...send me her ideas in a PM or email itsradu@gmail.com so I actually know what she was talking about Thank you
CanuckHoss

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Barry too bad you had to leave when you did, shortly after you drove away Sabine had another laughing fit at something Peter did and if you were there I think you would have both pee'ed your pants. I can't stop giggling about it two days later. It won't be as funny if I tell the story on line so you will just have to wait till June. :rofl:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

The Wife says that I must have had a great time. I came home, parked the truck and trailer in the street, walked in kissed them hello and took a 3 hr nap. Woke up, ate and went back to sleep for another 10 hours .... And would do it all over again next week.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:Barry too bad you had to leave when you did, shortly after you drove away Sabine had another laughing fit at something Peter did and if you were there I think you would have both pee'ed your pants. I can't stop giggling about it two days later. It won't be as funny if I tell the story on line so you will just have to wait till June. :rofl:
Damn...I am sure Sabine will fill me in when in Germany with some sort of laughter creating hand gestures...man she is funny..
CanuckHoss

zyoung

Post by zyoung »

I too have to say that this was the best Bike Week ever. It will be hard to top it but with this amazing group of V8 family, I think it can be done! :thumbup: It was great meeting all of you, even today over lunch Gina and I were discussing the fun times and memories made during the event. I look forward to the future, as it only can get better and better. Life is good.

I think some credit is due to the administration/owners of this site as well. V8Bikers and Iron Maiden. If it hadn't been for this site and their meticulous attention to keeping us updated, I wonder if we all would have been able to collaborate the meets for coffee, lunch/dinner, rides and so on. Kudos to you two. :siterock: :thanks:

-Zach
"If it is to be, it is up to me." - Noel Mast

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Thank you Zach - Bill and I we just talking about what we missed, we never made it to V8Billy's which is one of our favorite hang outs, the Metz2 with Buck and Susan, the first turn, etc. We also didn't see a lot of the folks that attended (Elvis, Ventury, Bob Mutch, David Anthony just to name a few) - where did the time go! Maybe next year??

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Wild Bill wrote:No doubt, great times were had with many V8 friends this year!

Heck, Don & Kim invited several of us to dinner up in Palm Coast where we had a GREAT time, but then they even split a huge rain storm in two so we could ride back to the condo & stay dry. On the weather radar, this storm was huge & impossible to ride through, but somehow we did it.... Nice Job you two!!!

WB
Bill -

Kim and I took the bullet for you and Barry ... well maybe not the bullet but plenty of rain drops that felt like bullets! The house is only 3-4 miles away from High Jackers but we got SOAKED on the way home. We ran about 80mph so only in the rain a short time and still wet to the skin We would be happy to do it all again if it meant having such an awesome time! Hope to see you soon ...

Don

CanuckHoss wrote:It gets better every year for me. I can't imagine a better Bike Week but if it does it will be over the top again like this one. Hopefully Gwen can come next year...that would be a God send!

New friends made. Caught up with old friends. Laughs and more laughs and still more laughs...thanks to my new friends from Germany Peter and Sabine. Peter looks serious but can get you going too if you mention Mr. Bean!! and Sabina..what a hoot that lady is. Can't wait to get to Pullman for more fun.

The hospitality shown me was just awesome from everyone. Home away from home. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Getting the trike to Orlando Saturday for the voyage to Germany was a piece of cake thanks to my friend from Germany, Mark Seivers...

AND ....a suggestion was made to me to just get a trike and leave it there for Bike Week...Biketoberfest or whenever I just want to escape. 2 days later a trike deal surfaced and today I wrapped the deal up. I will have an awesome yellow 2006 Boss Hoss 32 Coupe sitting in Daytona in a month or 2.

The V8 Family Rocks!
Barry -

Congrats on the new trike! I am looking forward to pickup/delivery already!!!!! It will be all polished and fueled up for your next visit ... We are all sending best wishes and thoughts your way that Gwen will be along for the next time!!

Don

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

zyoung wrote:
I think some credit is due to the administration/owners of this site as well. V8Bikers and Iron Maiden. If it hadn't been for this site and their meticulous attention to keeping us updated, I wonder if we all would have been able to collaborate the meets for coffee, lunch/dinner, rides and so on. Kudos to you two. :siterock: :thanks:

-Zach
ABSOLUTELY ZACH...thanks for bringing that up. I did not have access to here easily but texts kept me in the loop. Next year I bring the iPad mini...

Thank you Bill and Susan...time spent getting to know you two was time well spent and totally enjoyable.

Thanks to every single person who I spent quality time with and / or met for the first time. You all know who you are so just puff your chests and smile as I remember such fun. You can't put a price on good friends...not possible. I came away from Daytona really knowing the group that kind of hung around together.

Coming a week early was really nice as it was totally laid back..long coffees with no need to do anything...thanks Don and Kim.

I also did not get to Billy's this year as much due to Dinner plans and long visits after dinner...I missed the visits there with the regulars...next year

I told Gwen that everyone is looking forward to hopefully meeting her next year more than they are looking forward to me being there so she had better be ready to be swamped! Fingers crossed for a transplant soon...

The only downers on the trip were a couple of assholes who decided they should open my trunk while my trike sat at V8 Choppers and have a look around..WTF??? I let the first guy go without saying anything...but the second time an hour later was not pretty when I approached that person but Don had my back with the rest of his family...thanks again Don......and then there was the French (as in Quebec) MF who decided to just sit on Don's trike at the big bike show at Destination Daytona..again WTF??? the respect seems to be dwindling for other peoples property.
CanuckHoss

tjy

Post by tjy »

Congrats on the new trike! I am looking forward to pickup/delivery already!!!!! It will be all polished and fueled up for your next visit ...

Barry I apologize, I didn't know you made arrangements with Don to be the caretaker of your new trike. I'm sure he will take good care of it when he's in Palm coast. As I said before when I suggested about keeping a trike in Fla. If you need anything when your here..Just ask! Tom and Nancy

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

tjy wrote:Congrats on the new trike! I am looking forward to pickup/delivery already!!!!! It will be all polished and fueled up for your next visit ...

Barry I apologize, I didn't know you made arrangements with Don to be the caretaker of your new trike. I'm sure he will take good care of it when he's in Palm coast. As I said before when I suggested about keeping a trike in Fla. If you need anything when your here..Just ask! Tom and Nancy
No need to apoloize Tom...please check your PMs...also sent an email to Nancy...
CanuckHoss

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

tjy wrote:Congrats on the new trike! I am looking forward to pickup/delivery already!!!!! It will be all polished and fueled up for your next visit ...

Tom -

I'm only pickup/delivery ... You are in fact the caretaker as far as I know! Sorry if there was any confusion from my post!!!!!

Don

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Barry is smart ... He knows better than to leave it at my house ;)
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

We are back home and all is good. No problems travelling at all.

This was the best bike week. Cant wait to come back and be with our family.

Looking forward to seeing some of the family in Pullman. We hope others will follow a.s.a.p.

Peter & Biene
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

502wingman wrote:We are back home and all is good. No problems travelling at all.

This was the best bike week. Cant wait to come back and be with our family.

Looking forward to seeing some of the family in Pullman. We hope others will follow a.s.a.p.

Peter & Biene

Good to hear you guys are home without issues! Looking forward to your next visit. Be safe and remember us while in Pullman!!!

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

I will echo everyone's comments as to seeing y'all. The Metz II is a tad richer as a result of Susan and I visiting; we just found out that one of our favorite bartenders will be moving to the Metz I so we will also pay that site a visit or two during Biketoberfest and enrich their coffers. This visit was quite expensive as my blue trike got dirty....most of you know the rest of the story. The trip back to NC was a trip from hell as it took and extra 2-2 1/2 hours due to two massive traffic tie-ups where the local LEO's just stood around and chatted amongst themselves and let the motorists fend for themselves. Let's not forget the Pigeon Forge get-together in May, rooms are still available. For complete details please check previous posts or contact me and I'll get them to you. Best to all.
BTW, comments about folks jumping or tampering w/ others rides, Daytona is the only site where we have seen this activity. Susan threw a girl off hers and I used a preventive measure which prevented that (a seat cover)
Buck
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:Barry is smart ... He knows better than to leave it at my house ;)
:canada: :canada: :canada:
CanuckHoss

firstboss

Post by firstboss »

we arrived back home in Germany,
it was nice to see everybody again, and we are very few
to welcome one of you in "Pullman 2015".

all bikes and trikes are loaded in the container and on the way
after Germany.

Greeting - Uwe -
Attachments
DBW2015-2.JPG
DBW2015-1.JPG
DBW2015.JPG