On a brighter note...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
3FOR2

On a brighter note...

Post by 3FOR2 »

I was able to get out for a couple of short, cold rides the Friday and Saturday after Christmas, but then winter came in with a vengeance.

Three full months later, I finally got out Thursday evening for the first ride of the year. 50 degrees, got a nice quick 50 miles on in about an hour. Could have picked a better route, the water runoff in areas trashed the trike, but it was good to get out.

Today, we have a wind chill of about 25, and flurries in the air.

I know many people are fortunate to live in much better climates, but some of us are, at least temporarily, stuck in the North East. In watching Zach’s video, what struck me was how smooth the roads were. No way could you get a video that good on PA roads… even if you miss 99% of the potholes, you’ve still got cracks, patches, heaves, tar strips, and road kill.

But, Spring is finally coming, Daytona Bike Week for this year is history, even Barry got out for a ride the other day, which surprised me. Here’s to a safe, good riding season for all…
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
petitemoose

Re: On a brighter note...

Post by petitemoose »

I forget just how fortunate I am sometimes. My biggest issue is Which One I am going to ride ... Not when. The trade off is that we do not have seasons. No leaves changing and no elevation changes either for that matter. But I guess that is why they have Vacation days :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:I forget just how fortunate I am sometimes. My biggest issue is Which One I am going to ride ... Not when. The trade off is that we do not have seasons. No leaves changing and no elevation changes either for that matter. But I guess that is why they have Vacation days :)
Me too Dennis. I did a 60 mile trip yesterday on the 502 trike...it was only 50F as a High but the ride was awesome...
Chicken Soup for the Soul in a matter of speaking.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I took a ride last week to have lunch with an old friend.
I wore a T shirt
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

C'mon carl,.. Fess up..You wore your "winter" T-shirt didn't you? You make it sound as if winter is warm where you live..Haha...In Ohio I'm getting a couple of rides in ..But I wear long john's (insulated underwear for you warm climate folks) and hoodies (see Gangsta)and a leather jacket.. But it's still worth it!
phpBB [video]
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

A few days ago I had to take the BH out for a ride and a wash. Temps were 40 - 45°F. A good Gore-Tex jacket and pants not to forget great gloves made my 3 hours :ridding:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

"I took a ride last week to have lunch with an old friend.
I wore a T shirt"

Bugger
Pat.
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

No water and liberals behind every tree, but you can't beat the weather here
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Your water shortage is really looking serious..Hopefully you guys get some rain to begin to re coup water supply, From the news I have seen there won't be any snow melt to help..But if you do get caught riding in the rain..Please don't feel obligated to share wet T-shirt pics... :shock:
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

There is no water in California because the envoirmentaists don't want desalinazation plants to be built. You can not conserve your way out of not enough water, the answer is simple but expensive but the only water likely to ever get to California again will come from sea water. They spend billions on a train from nowhere to Frisco and solar plants that go bankrupt because of envoirmentalists but they wont fix the real problems they have. The new envoirment will be a desert.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

SQ4MN wrote:There is no water in California because the envoirmentaists don't want desalinazation plants to be built. You can not conserve your way out of not enough water, the answer is simple but expensive but the only water likely to ever get to California again will come from sea water. They spend billions on a train from nowhere to Frisco and solar plants that go bankrupt because of envoirmentalists but they wont fix the real problems they have. The new envoirment will be a desert.
Can't get much simpler than that! You nailed it right on the head. Couple that with the LaFongism ,"liberals behind every tree" and you have the reason why.

Florida has 2 desal plants along with 36 Brackish water plants producing 269 Million Gallons of potable water daily. If it can be done here, it can be done there

http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal ... salination
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Wow, this is really interesting. In our media here we read quite a bit about the problems in California, but I was not aware of the fact that Florida has already an answer on that scale.
Saudi Arabia does it too, so why not California ? Sit there like the rabitt in front of the snake and wait for desaster ..........
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

In defense of California, and note I said California, not politicians, no matter which party they are, they are both the same sh...! Florida has a way better phreatic level than California, therefore, more water underground that can be used, but still, there are solutions that California is not looking at and looks there is not much time to waste

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

"Florida has a way better phreatic level..."

Ok, let's get this straight, word value has to be 2 cents or less... fifty cent words not allowed...
Pat.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: :what_he_said:
Now I have to go look it up :oops:
Attachments
image.jpg

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

3FOR2 wrote:"Florida has a way better phreatic level..."

Ok, let's get this straight, word value has to be 2 cents or less... fifty cent words not allowed...

R O F L ! :toofunny:
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

Man...that sounds too complicated.... I'll just stick to the great bottled water sales at CVS!! :rofl:

3FOR2 wrote:"Florida has a way better phreatic level..."

"It ain't over till the secondaries open"!!!
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

:doh: :doh: OK, OK, my bad!!, simple way to say it, water under ground!!! :lol:

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Thanks Sue, saved me looking it up :goodjob:

I'm 59, should I have known that word by now?

Next task, how am I going to slip it into conversation at the bar tonight?
Gordon from England
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

GordonBH wrote: Next task, how am I going to slip it into conversation at the bar tonight?
How about, "There's a house for sale down the street from me that has been discounted in an interesting way. I hear they're not charging anything for the top level at all, so I guess that means it comes with a phreatic.".................
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I am guessing that if the "phreatic" level came up quite a bit it just might be able to wash the "BS" level below the surface?? Just pondering stuff...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Well, at least for us that live in Florida, if the "phreatic" level raises up, nut just cleaning the BS, but anything above it as well and we will be living at "palaffites" upss, sorry, stilt houses !! There you go, now you can talk about it at the bar

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Ronald, are you making up words now? :D
Attachments
image.jpg

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

:what_he_said:
No, I wish but no, check out he link :popcorn:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Palafit ... d=0CCsQsAQ

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I've seen plenty of these type houses on the west coast of Florida back in the everglades where flooding is probable .Smart Idea if you know you could be flooded .