Boss hoss dealers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
indiana geezer

Boss hoss dealers

Post by indiana geezer »

I thought it was posted earlier this year that the factory was going to try to add new dealers they added two but got rid of four. Shit just don't add up
57chevygirl

Re: Boss hoss dealers

Post by 57chevygirl »

Why in the world would you either piss off or fire your top seller? You are right. It doesn't add up. The people I have met since purchasing my Boss Hoss have become like family including some of the missing dealers. What kind of family is this new Boss Hoss becoming. I can get this dysfunctional crap from my blood family and I walked away from them years ago. Anybody want to buy a slightly used Boss Hoss. This crap keeps happening I will go back to my old bike. What a way to run a business. Cant do it with an iron hand. Your business is dependent on your dealers and customer satisfaction. I was hoping new owners would improve the satisfaction rating that has dropped over the last couple years. I hope I am wrong and they can pull this all back together.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:Why in the world would you either piss off or fire your top seller? You are right. It doesn't add up. The people I have met since purchasing my Boss Hoss have become like family including some of the missing dealers. What kind of family is this new Boss Hoss becoming. I can get this dysfunctional crap from my blood family and I walked away from them years ago. Anybody want to buy a slightly used Boss Hoss. This crap keeps happening I will go back to my old bike. What a way to run a business. Cant do it with an iron hand. Your business is dependent on your dealers and customer satisfaction. I was hoping new owners would improve the satisfaction rating that has dropped over the last couple years. I hope I am wrong and they can pull this all back together.
Who are you referring to when you say "top seller"?
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

I am referring obviously to one of the missing Dealers not a "centre". Beannies, a dealer in the good old U.S.A. where Boss Hoss was born. What is going to happen when there is no Daytona dealer come October. Beannie and Whitney have done a lot to help promote this company. One example is this past meet and greet during bike week. They support their customers and get removed from the website? Something stinks.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:I am referring obviously to one of the missing Dealers not a "centre". Beannies, a dealer in the good old U.S.A. where Boss Hoss was born. What is going to happen when there is no Daytona dealer come October. Beannie and Whitney have done a lot to help promote this company. One example is this past meet and greet during bike week. They support their customers and get removed from the website? Something stinks.
If you are not sure what actually happened how can you comment?? Coming down pretty hard on the new owners.

I did not see them missing from the list but you are correct. I hope they come back or whatever. I find it hard to believe they are no longer Dealers as they were with the Factory the whole week of Bikeweek.
CanuckHoss

57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

I'm fairly confident in what i do know and both the Ohio dealership and the Daytona dealership along with two others were removed when all we have been hearing is how they want to add dealers. Maybe its just me but when the owner of a company like BH gets on a public forum and calls someone a "dickhead" for asking a few questions is not what I call professional. Beannie and Whitney have always conducted themselves in a very professional manner and put their customers first. Thats what u do when u represent a company. Certainly not call people degrading names on a public forum. Way to represent. Who is the real dickhead?
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Just chatted with Beanie...the Factory site listing dealers is accurate. They are NOT a dealer as of this time and not sure what the future will hold. Never say never I guess. Good thing is no hard feelings on either side of the table so anything can happen in the future. They are still there and in business.
CanuckHoss

craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

JMHO here : It is not easy to be a Boss Hoss dealer, and for sure is not going to work if that is ones only source of business income ! I'm thinking that any of the BH dealerships who are no longer with us, was by their decision to leave not the factory's.
Inventory requirements, lack of parts and very slow sales, could be a contributing factor !
Question : Does the factory pay their dealers warranty repair labor OR is the dealer supposed to build any unforeseen cushion into their selling price ?
Craig
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

Factory does pay for warranty repairs.

There is going to be a little shake up that's what happens when things change. Not everyone on the list wants to stock, repair or be active dealers anymore. Anyone who is no longer on the list was a choice by that shop or individual. Don't worry there is a plan in place where things will be even better than before.
Last edited by BossHossAZ on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

craig haymaker wrote:It is not easy to be a Boss Hoss dealer, and for sure is not going to work if that is ones only source of business income!
In the Dallas / Fort Worth area, Texas Boss Hoss Cycles' only business was Boss Hoss. I dropped by the store yesterday. The door was locked, the walls were empty, the back counter was gone. Wow! I talked to Curtis a little while ago and he said his landlord had raised the rent on the shop to the point where he said he wasn't sure he could continue. If you've met Curtis you know he's a great guy and Boss Hoss will miss having him as a dealer. I hope he continues as a Boss Hoss Service Center.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:
craig haymaker wrote:It is not easy to be a Boss Hoss dealer, and for sure is not going to work if that is ones only source of business income!
In the Dallas / Fort Worth area, Texas Boss Hoss Cycles' only business was Boss Hoss. I dropped by the store yesterday. The door was locked, the walls were empty, the back counter was gone. Wow! I talked to Curtis a little while ago and he said his landlord had raised the rent on the shop to the point where he said he wasn't sure he could continue. If you've met Curtis you know he's a great guy and Boss Hoss will miss having him as a dealer. I hope he continues as a Boss Hoss Service Center.

I met Curtis in 2013 at Sturgis and he is seemed like stand up / genuine great guy. Wish I could visit him more often. I hope things work out.

Everyone who has never owned a Business...any kind of business... and has just worked for a living does not have any idea what it takes to make even a small business go. And that is not a knock against them...just a fact...you have to walk a mile in someone's shoes to know what it is like.

People look at my business and think I am getting rich....it employs 8 people almost year round...they get paid FIRST along with every other expense and then I take what is left... if any...not complaining just telling it like it is. I have been very very blessed with my business and have some of the best loyal customers around regardless of the brand of bike they have.

Things are getting shook up as it will be with new owners of any business and it will eventually settle itself out.
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I don't think any dealer can last if they only sell V8 bikes or trikes and no other brands. The V8 market is a small niche in the MC world and an expensive one. I would think that a MC or even a car dealer that has been in business for a number of years could add on the BH line. A car dealer might even be a better fit for the trikes especially. In any case it will be interesting to see what takes place. The good thing is Rick and partners have the desire to try and overcome the obstacles as they arise and keep the company going.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
gangstaboy1

Post by gangstaboy1 »

I have been a Boss Hoss owner for 3 years and am disappointed in the attitude toward my dealer. Correct me if I am wrong but Beannie and Whitney are a huge part of the Boss Hoss family. I have a major issue with my paint among other smaller issues. I was told by one of the owners at the meet and greet to contact the factory which I have done three times. I have also spoken to the painter who had no clue about my bike but says it is a problem that happens more often than it should. I was supposed to have a conference call between myself, the painter and the owner. Still waiting. I understand stepping into a new ownership can be hectic but a simple email assuring me that they haven't forgotten me would be nice. In the past I could depend on Beannie and Whitney to get things expedited. I cant imagine with the love they expressed for the BH product that they would just give up their dealership without a fight unless it was made impossible for them to stay. I am extremely disappointed in this BH "family".
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Just my two cents. I don't know if it's fair to speculate on what happened between BoHoMoCo (Boss Hoss Motorcycle Co.) and it's dealers. If you have the facts and you want to express your opinion, great. If you don't have the facts on why a dealer is not continuing, you may be unfairly knocking the new owners. Anyway, right now the new owners have to be busier than a hooker during Fleet Week.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:Just my two cents. I don't know if it's fair to speculate on what happened between BoHoMoCo (Boss Hoss Motorcycle Co.) and it's dealers. If you have the facts and you want to express your opinion, great. If you don't have the facts on why a dealer is not continuing, you may be unfairly knocking the new owners. Anyway, right now the new owners have to be busier than a hooker during Fleet Week.
Well put...there are a few who want to rag on the new owners and blame everything on them...what happened between Beanies and the Factory happened and nobody should comment exactly because they don't know exactly.

Seems to be newer members here having the negative comments.

I am keeping a good thought that they might be back sooner than later...
CanuckHoss

BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

I can tell you FACT no one was dropped as a dealer, no one was pushed out, no one is fighting. The dealers that are no longer listed decided to not be a dealer anymore AND was 100% their choice to do that. I am hoping some of them decide to be a service center still but most wanted to scale down.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:I'm fairly confident in what i do know and both the Ohio dealership and the Daytona dealership along with two others were removed when all we have been hearing is how they want to add dealers. Maybe its just me but when the owner of a company like BH gets on a public forum and calls someone a "dickhead" for asking a few questions is not what I call professional. Beannie and Whitney have always conducted themselves in a very professional manner and put their customers first. Thats what u do when u represent a company. Certainly not call people degrading names on a public forum. Way to represent. Who is the real dickhead?
The guy that Rick came down on disappeared from here as soon as I said it looked like it was a personal vendetta against Rick...weird coincidence...now you support the disappearing guy...weird again...people hiding their real names behind Forum names.

We don't need negative shit at this time of transition and there is no way you know everything that has transpired...
CanuckHoss

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

gangstaboy1 wrote:I have been a Boss Hoss owner for 3 years and am disappointed in the attitude toward my dealer. Correct me if I am wrong but Beannie and Whitney are a huge part of the Boss Hoss family. I have a major issue with my paint among other smaller issues. I was told by one of the owners at the meet and greet to contact the factory which I have done three times. I have also spoken to the painter who had no clue about my bike but says it is a problem that happens more often than it should. I was supposed to have a conference call between myself, the painter and the owner. Still waiting. I understand stepping into a new ownership can be hectic but a simple email assuring me that they haven't forgotten me would be nice. In the past I could depend on Beannie and Whitney to get things expedited. I cant imagine with the love they expressed for the BH product that they would just give up their dealership without a fight unless it was made impossible for them to stay. I am extremely disappointed in this BH "family".
Boy........I don't know where to start.
First-off, I don't even know who you are; apparently you created this account (one post) to bash me and hide behind an anonymous handle name, secondly, I am clueless about your problems or any meeting that is supposed to happen. Thirdly, I never took a position against your dealer, or any dealer. Those 2 dealers opted out on their own, it was their decision, I don't have any hard feelings against them; Jim is a great guy who decided to retire.
Call me Monday morning if you want to discuss your issue; I am 100% approachable.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:...people hiding their real names behind Forum names.
I'm Dennis Murawski. If you're in the DFW area, PM me and I'll buy the first beer. :-)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:...people hiding their real names behind Forum names.
I'm Dennis Murawski. If you're in the DFW area, PM me and I'll buy the first beer. :-)
Was not referring to you but thank you Dennis...we will hopefully meet somewhere.

Personally I think that real names and a city / state should be required for Forum membership..but that is just me.
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I also think real names and a city are fine. If you don't want anyone to know you or you are wanted by some kind of authorities you should not be on here and you should not ride a V8 bike, they draw to much attention. Use UBER and a stolen credit card or an old bicycle. Travel at night, preferably in the rain.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Enough about hiding behind user names. Obviously I have a 57 chevy and obviously I am a girl. Hence the user name. I will tell u a little about myself. I don't have any warrants, I'm not wanted by the FBI, I don't even have any speeding tickets. I will not disclose my name and address because I am a woman and always feel the need to protect myself which is something u guys have never had to think about. I have owned and operated my own business and am happy to say that at the age of 58 i am semi retired so I do know what it takes to be successful thank u very much. I am not new to this forum. I hop on every few days to see what is happening but I don't sit in front of my computer waiting for someone to post so I can Chime in and declare my own opinion like one of our northern members. Generally I keep my opinions to myself but had to jump in on this thread. I'm not here to bash the new owners either, I am simply here to express that the loss of Beannie and Whitney is probably the worst thing that could happen to this company. I go to bike week, biketoberfest, sturgis, panama city, Leesburg, Gibtown, Thunder by the bay in Sarasota, and to the Paris Rally. I have met thousands of BH people and its amazing how many of those people know Beannie and Whitney and have had some type of dealings with them. They have a huge customer base and their customers think the world of them because they ALWAYS take care of their customers. Here is just a small sample. Unfortunately I have had a lot of problems in the past with my bike. It seemed every time I took off on a vacation it would act up. I always knew I could call on B and W and they would walk me through a quick fix. Last June on a 3000 mile trip I broke down again. I called B & W and found out Whitney's poor mother had died. Of course I said never mind I'll call Mark. Beannie would not let it go. He made sure I was ok, stayed in contact with me till I could get it to the factory, made sure the factory got everything taken care of and checked on me on my way home. All this while planning and attending a funeral. Need I say more. These are the people that we need to keep as representatives of the company. These are the people who can help this company grow. Whitney has bent over backwards to make the meet and greets class events and usually on short notice. When left up to the factory we had hot dogs and hamburgers. As I said before I know a lot of people who think the world of Beannie and Whitney but aren't members of any forum so have no voice. I am their voice and it would only benefit the company if u could somehow get them back as dealers. They have customers all over the U.S. I have even met some from California. I have even met people who were not their customers that say the broke down near Daytona and Beannie and Whitney came and towed them for free. How can u not do what it takes to keep a seller as successful as Beannie and Whitney on as dealers and as ambassadors for Boss Hoss. Seems like a no brainer to me. I would do whatever it takes if it were my business but who am I.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

No one ever said anything bad about Beanies. I have heard lots of good and have been treated very good by Whitney when I needed it myself Daytona. It was a great spread for the Boss Hoss Meet and Greet this year....Boss Hoss did that before in 2014 In Holy Hill...was an awesome time just like this year. You say : left up to the factory it would have been hotdogs and hamburgers? How do you know?? Rick and company just took over the company so give them a chance.

You seem to side with ArizonaOutlaw or whatever the hell his name is who came on here new and guns a blazing. As soon as I suggested personnel vendetta he disappeared..which is AWESOME.

You are still here and answering and that is good. I still feel no member should be here without some kind of identification. Good communication works. I understood Beanies leaving was amicable. They may be back. Even when Beanie and I chatted yesterday he did not want to get into particulars, nor did he have to, nor did I want to, nor did he run down Boss Hoss which he could have. So I can't make a judgement either way as to why he is gone. Not sure how you can jump down on the Factory when you don't know the whole story and if you know Beanie that well I am 100% sure he would tell you to leave the Factory alone on this Forum regarding his position as Dealer..he does not need to be dragged through speculation.
CanuckHoss

gangstaboy1

Post by gangstaboy1 »

Rick, I'm sorry u don't remember me. I'm sure u were overwelmed at bikeweek. Mark brought u and Travis over to look at my paint and my chrome elbow for my throttle cable. U also gave me one of the 25th anniversary t-shirts. Just as a refresher I was featured in Boss Hoss Country that came out in Jan. 2015. We also spoke at meet and greet. I will try to call u monday when I am on break. Thanks. Les
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

:catfight: :popcorn: Man I'm glad no one knows my name!
phpBB [video]