Too Fragmented

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
zenbiker

Too Fragmented

Post by zenbiker »

Hey, Y'all
I do love this site but I find it to be too fragmented. What i'm saying is that it's hard to get an overview of the posts and there is the necessity to get just to the specific topic. I am finding the format difficult...Joe
Butterfly

Re: Too Fragmented

Post by Butterfly »

Hey Joe, This site is like life....or riding a roller coaster.... :) I don't seem to have any probs getting around and finding what I want... I just read everything...It is not any more fragmented than other sites and as we all use it, we will learn where to place our "thoughts"...Sometimes I don't really know where my "thoughts" should go... in the "general", OT or Tech....so I just choose and place.....This is a new site and it will organize itself as we go along.... I for one Love it and have no complaints.. :D
BTW, Joe...Happy VD!!!!!!!
Butterfly
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Joe,
it helps me to click on "view new posts" on the upper right side when I log in. It only shows me the new posts then since my last log in no matter if this a day or a week ago. This way it easy to keep track whats happening here.
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
AR

Post by AR »

zenbiker wrote:Hey, Y'all
I do love this site but I find it to be too fragmented. What i'm saying is that it's hard to get an overview of the posts and there is the necessity to get just to the specific topic. I am finding the format difficult...Joe
Joe man...you got a say on this site too so send Lennu any de-frag ideas you got and if they got legs he's the man to help us get them implemented, and if they are no good they get laughed at and you will be publically humiliated.

However, you aint the first to mention it. Maybe its as simple as increasing the "VIEW NEW POSTS" link...making it a button. If you have no other life and are a regular like me it works a treat. 8-)
Els

Post by Els »

Joe,

I thought the same thing when I first starting using the site but quickly got used to it. It really became as easy to use as the other boards I frequent after picking up some pointers from the guys here. The little red flags, the "view new posts", all made it very friendly in my opinion. One of the things I had mentioned after you did a few technical posts (I think one electric one brakes?) was I didn't notice it there for awhile. There are a few different methods to simplify that too for both poster and reader, again by usuing the "view new posts" or posting on the General section and referring folks to the technical area.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

The little red flags weren't working for me because some older posts still had the flags. I realized that they were still showing unread because I had looked at those posts at work without signing in and never opened them when signed in. So this morning I went through and opened everything that had flags which in several sections meant going through all of the pages, but now it appears the flags should work great for me.

Shane
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

DUH! "View new posts" :oops: :oops:
Dumbass me...of course!
Mike...I studied Zen for almost 30 years. The biker part is self explanatory... My two passions. My other passion wouldn't look good in print :shock: ...Joe
zenbiker

Post by zenbiker »

Mike...Now that I'm using the OBVIOUS "view new posts" button, this site is a pleasure to use. I have no idea why I never saw it before...Joe
AR

Post by AR »

Lennu...put that Vodka down for just a minute will ya!!

I think the new 'Defrag the Damn Posts' button should have a filter for the last 24 hours only. Can we do it?? And that way the old posts that havent been read by a new member or lazy bones A.D.D. old member arent red flagged.

Can we? huh? huh?
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

zenbiker wrote:DUH! "View new posts" :oops: :oops:
Dumbass me...of course!
Mike...I studied Zen for almost 30 years. The biker part is self explanatory... My two passions. My other passion wouldn't look good in print :shock: ...Joe
HeHeHeHe He said Dumbass HeHeHeHe :mrgreen:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!