100 Miles and still got the pulley and belt !!!!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Butterfly

100 Miles and still got the pulley and belt !!!!

Post by Butterfly »

Eagle and I rode in our very first local Bike Ride... Did real good and the Beast was a huge hit! She was even able to complete the 75 miles trip and still make it home with her pulley and belt intact :D :D . Those who rode behind us..would say..."Damn that bike is wide!" :shock: or "It's Huge!" :o ...We got the usual questions....weight, balance, mileage, fuel usage, speed, but all y'all have had those same questions asked about yours....it was great that we finally got them asked to us :D I didn't get too many pictures, because I was hanging on too much..the ride was great and here is some pictures I got.
The bike will be in the
A little Hazing!!!!!
A little Hazing!!!!!
Magazine "Thunder Rodes". http://www.thunderroadsalabama.com
Attachments
2 more Boss Hoss Fans
2 more Boss Hoss Fans
Okay, I knew she loved High Test Gas..But a whole Tanker?
Okay, I knew she loved High Test Gas..But a whole Tanker?
This is some the local "Buffalo Riders"
This is some the local "Buffalo Riders"
Eagle and me following going over to the ride.
Eagle and me following going over to the ride.
Butterfly
Elvis

Re: 100 Miles and still got the pulley and belt !!!!

Post by Elvis »

Keepem coming, looks like it was a nice day.
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Congrats on the ride. You guys needed that.
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Yep guys, I was too far down the road but just after she took the pick the tire gradually broke loose and hazed with minimal smoke which was the intent as I was pointed at the downtown square, running out of room and the local Boyos were patrolling pretty hard........ I'm there just need the opportunity.......... WooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Eagle , just keep in mind what happened to our good friend Gorden Beck . With these bikes things can happen real , and I mean real fast and it doesn't matter how good you ride .

Jack
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Jack,

Agreed! That and the sage advice that I sought and recieved from Brother CR is exactly why I haven't gone ballls to the wall yet. They and the fact that frankly, I am still somewhat paranoid about all of the problems that we have had. I've got over 500 miles on her now and all is well. Thanks x a million to Brother Bear again. I did snap off a short blast the other day on a rutted road (about 30 feet) and the rear tire went right about 6-8 inches slap into the groove and stuck there. The thing is scary predictable. Scary because it could promote overconfidence. Complacency however is NOT a part of this Combat Helicopter Pilots repetoi[sp] 8-) . I very much appreciate the concern Bro'. Not only do I hear you, I "am" listening. :D
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Eagle , I don't know if you ever read this story about one of my experiences but I was on this straight 2 lane back country paved road with no one around so I decided to do a rolling burnout at about 20 mph . I cracked it on , the rear tire broke loose , the engine was screaming and I was headed straight down the center of the road as I have done dozens of times before . All of the sudden at I'd say 80-100 mph the ass end came right around almost sideways . I gently eased out of the throttle and it took the whole road before I got it straight out . This all happened in a matter of seconds . I turned around and went back to see what could have happened . There was the normal black stripe for about maybe 100 feet or so until it hit a patch in the road where there was hardly any asphalt just a big patch of smooth tar and that's where the stripe went nuts from the center of the road to almost off the right hand side of the road and back to almost off the left hand side of the road . I came very close to losing it that day and going off into the woods . Like I said , this all happened in a matter of seconds so be careful with all that power and be conscious of the road surfaces when you decide to get into it .

Jack
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Jack,

That is as much of the holdup as anything. The roads here suck. I have been and will continue to be VERY careful. I STILL haven't hit the back side of my 1/4 turn throttle. There just doesn't seem to be enough room to open her up. The thing is just plain scary fast. If you roll it on smartly, she just hooks up, squats hard and everything gets real blurry and I mean right now! I don't have any reference as to how other BHs' accelerate but "this" one is a fornicating ROCKET. I know that I can spin it at will but, I have been working on the get the hell out of Dodge stuff too. It's already saved my big ass once.
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Eagle , if my little 400 HP will do what it does I can just imagine how yours feels . Ride Safe .

Jack
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

I will Bro' and you too 8-) I wonder what full throttle and on the NOS is gonna be like. I just can't see how it could hook up on the street and I don't really feel like tearing anything else up for a while anyway :shock: , like my ASS! :o :D :twisted: :mrgreen:
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!