Post by Cruisin Dave »

Chicago auto show:

2008 (09?) Production Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Yeah, it's got a HEMI! drool!!!):
023.JPG
022.JPG
2010 Camaro Concept (looking pretty in yellow):
027.JPG
026.JPG
OK, not sure if it's a V8, but it's one mean lookin' truck. On sale now from International:
028.JPG
This was way cool! 1939 International Pickup w/all modern V8 diesel running gear (300+hp, 645lb-ft torque!):
029.JPG
If I had less toys and projects and more $$$, I'd be ordering myself a Challenger....
Cruisin Dave
2002 Boss Hoss Trike
1997 Honda Valkyrie
1971 Honda CL100
2001 PT Cruiser
2000 GMC Sierra
1964 Pontiac Tempest Wagon
Cruisin Dave

Re: "other" V8's CAUTION....cage warning!

Post by Cruisin Dave »

Sticker on the Challenger SRT8 is $37,995. That's with the big Hemi and 6-speed auto. Limited production first year and I read that they are all sold. A local realtor (sold me my house) has one on order to go with his original '70 Challenger R/T.

Next year Dodge plans to release the V6 and smaller Hemi R/T, so prices will be lower. The SRT8 is probably a bargain at $38K, IF dealers don't tack on "market adjustment", which of course most of them will...

I haven't heard Camaro pricing yet, but they will have to compete with Challenger models and Mustang.
Cruisin Dave
2002 Boss Hoss Trike
1997 Honda Valkyrie
1971 Honda CL100
2001 PT Cruiser
2000 GMC Sierra
okie

Post by okie »

Sounds like the old days
Els

Post by Els »

Dave,

Was there any discussion as to motor options on the Camaro? I suspect they're going to do an LS2 but was wondering if they were going to make the LS7 available. If so, I would think it would drive the price way the heck up there but 505 hp would be the ticket.

The price of the Challenger is cheap. I'll bet those are already sold out.

Both are exceptionally fine looking. The Challenger style in particular is a real time warp to those good ol' days.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
firstboss

Post by firstboss »

Hallo Freunde,
der alte 76 CAMARO war immer noch der schönste :-)
habe ihn vor 15 Jahre Restauriert und fahre ihn auch heute noch,
sein V8 Herz hat jetzt 250 000 KM auf dem Tacho.

Gruß Uwe+Heike

Translation:

Hello of friends, old 76 CAMARO was still the most beautiful it 15 years ago restored and drives it also today still, its V8 heart has now 250,000 km on the Tacho. Greeting Uwe+Heike
Attachments
Camaro 2000.jpg
okie

Post by okie »

Dang I understood what he said,I must be learn'in something from this site!
Cruisin Dave

Post by Cruisin Dave »

Elliot,
Chevy didn't have any production info on the Camaro at the show. I'm sure there will be different engines available. I can envision Z28, RS, SS versions. A "Yenko" version would be cool too.

Oddly enough, on the Dodge website it now says $40,995 for the SRT but the last press release and info at the show said $37,995! I heard the first year production (around 7,000) is sold out.

I didn't understand any of that German above, but the 76 Camaro looks cool! I've owned a '68, '69, 70-1/2 sport coupe and 70-1/2 Z28 w/RS option. Sold that one a LONG time ago not knowing how rare that combination was. Worth big $$$ today... :cry:
Cruisin Dave
2002 Boss Hoss Trike
1997 Honda Valkyrie
1971 Honda CL100
2001 PT Cruiser
2000 GMC Sierra
Els

Post by Els »

Dave,

Don't watch Barrett Jackson these days or you'll get quite sick you sold those cars. I think of my '66 Fairland GT w/390, '70 Chevelle with the 396, and '72 GTO amongst others and wince with pain. Some of the prices of these cars defy reason but they're getting them.

I saw a few pre '71 Hemi 'Cudas and Chargers going for around a half million dollars! Just unreal!

I drove my bud's '68 Camaro while down in central Florida a few months ago. Pretty restored but now with a 427 under the hood. I forgot how terrible they drove. Brakes, suspension, electronics, steering...I quite frankly don't miss any of it as far as a driver.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike,

What's the deal with the Autobahn? Can anyone go on it and as fast as they want? Any restrictions to speed?

I had heard it was pretty dangerous. I'm curious to hear any overviews of it from those that have used it.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike,

Sounds really cool but if those pictures you put up were the Autobahn, it's quite different than what I pictured. LOTS of big trucks although it appears they're all in the far right lane. Just like here in the states (NOT!!!). I pictured it to be more wide open and less traffic than shown.

I suspect if you got some inexperienced or arrogant duechebag doing 200 mph in some exotic while others were doing perhaps 115 mph it could be hairy unless the driver was capable. I think my dream ride would be on my 'Busa or GSX-R1000 doing 176 mph and not having to worry.

I'll bet your already chomping at the bit to get back! Thanks for the report!

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike, I appreciate the offer to join you guys. It will definitely go on the wish list and perhaps circumstance will enable it to happen.

Do you guys go outside Germany? I wonder if there's any opportunity to rent a badass liter bike?

A few buds went over on some orchestrated tour a few years back. It was a multi country deal including Germany, Austria, Italy, France, etc. The tour company provided a guide who was a kickass rider and they used a chase van to carry luggage which would be waiting on them at days end at the next inn. They had a really big time. Another couple of guys I know went and it included the Isle of Mann which they said was incredible and very competitive riding.

Although I know the scenery and comrads over there make it worth it by themselves, I think I'd have to have either a cool V8 or a cool liter bike to really enjoy it to the fullest. Twisting the damn Harley throttle to the stop ends up aggravating the shit out of me.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Thanks Mike, I appreciate seeing this. I usually don't need a bunch of arm twisting for something as cool as I'm sure your trip is. We'll have to talk some more as time goes on. Thanks!

E
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Mike,

You're right, they have a very nice stable of bikes. Three in particular would work extremely well for me with the new 1400 Kawasaki at the head of the list. Exceptionally nice bike for the type of riding I'd hope to do there.

Elliot
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

wildman wrote:One cool thing happend on our way back that sticks in my mind. We were filling up with gas and this rice rocket was squirting around out in front of the gas station and he seemed to either just be making sure he got our attention or was trying to threaten us. haha it was cool to see though. those guys can really ride there and there is a lot of haul ass mf's.
Ha, funny you say that WM cause I recall that dude occassionally too. Unmarked naked heavily modified street fighter style japper, matt black fuck-you paint or similar, pops a power wheelie past the gas station then takes a knee down sweeper onto the autobahn..we could hear him for a mile away. I think the stars & stripes on both our bikes pumped him up ok. I might go Aussie Flag next time to avoid such confrontation :lol:
Puff

Post by Puff »

Elliot,

I've twice had the opportunity to ride the "Motorway"(Autobahn) in Deutschland.
First trip(2005) was on Martin Kolbe's 1985 Virago 1000cc; 2nd time(2007) on Petra Müller's GoldWing.
To me it was like riding our interstates, just a lot faster.
It was cool to see family station wagons with kids in the back seat passing us like we were sitting still while we were doing 100+ mph! :shock:
After one fuel stop on the motorway, Martin opened up his BH, and left me WAY behind!
I don't know why I couldn't keep up on his Virago!! :lol:
I hope you will choose to go! The Euro folks are just great!

Bill
Bill Van Sant