Eagle's First Speeding Ticket!!!!!!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Butterfly

Eagle's First Speeding Ticket!!!!!!

Post by Butterfly »

Eagle and I have been together for going 8 years :shock: In all of our traveling to get from one place to the other..due to the Army or just a few days to have a real "family" vacation. :| We have been known to exceed the speed limit and by the grace of Grandfather we have not gotten a speeding ticket.... :cry: till now!!!!!

Eagle got his first speeding ticket (that I know of) yesterday!!!! He was doing 85 in a 70 mph zone!!!!!! The worst part........he wasn't even on the "Mistress"!!!!!!!

He got last notice to be in Ft Campbell, KY(on Monday) and had to be there yesterday (Wenesday)....on the way up he was caught doing 85 in a 70 mph zone! :o The really worst part..he was driving a little 4 banger rental!!!!!!! At least he could have been on the Bike when he got his first ticket!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :shock: ya know..if we are going to throw away good hard earned monies..it could have been over the Beast, not a 4 banger!!!! :lol: :? :lol: :lol: Oh well Shit happens!!!!!!
Butterfly
okie

Re: Eagle's First Speeding Ticket!!!!!!

Post by okie »

Most cops have been in the military,you would think they would have given him a warning and let him go,pricks.
KISS

Post by KISS »

Life is amazing!You get your first tooth,first pimple,first kiss,first bike,first hang over,first driving license,and finally when you get your first speeding ticket,You sure know that you are a MAN! :o
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

All I can say is pay a Lawyer to get out of it or get it reduced . If you don't it will cost you 10 times over in the long run in increased insurance premiums when it goes on your record . Believe me it will be well worth it in the long haul especially owning a Boss Hoss .

Jack
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

okie wrote:Most cops have been in the military,you would think they would have given him a warning and let him go,pricks.
Okie,
This TN state Trooper didn't give a damn and even gave Eagle a hard time! Said when he (the Trooper) clocked Eagle that he (Eagle)sped up! Right, Eagle's going to run from the Law! Then the Trooper tried to tell Eagle that he had to have a copy of his (Eagle's) insurance on him not in our vehicle. He was just an ass all the way around.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

KISS wrote:Life is amazing!You get your first tooth,first pimple,first kiss,first bike,first hang over,first driving license,and finally when you get your first speeding ticket,You sure know that you are a MAN! :o
:lol: True, but in a 4 banger when you have all that horse power in the garage! :shock: :lol:
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

HOV wrote:All I can say is pay a Lawyer to get out of it or get it reduced . If you don't it will cost you 10 times over in the long run in increased insurance premiums when it goes on your record . Believe me it will be well worth it in the long haul especially owning a Boss Hoss .

Jack
You may be right, but I think Eagle is just going to pay it and be done. The TN Troopers are known for being an Ass, even our friend who is a County sheriff in TN says that most are. He has friends who are Troopers in his area and even they say some are an Ass.
Butterfly
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Butterfly wrote:
HOV wrote:All I can say is pay a Lawyer to get out of it or get it reduced . If you don't it will cost you 10 times over in the long run in increased insurance premiums when it goes on your record . Believe me it will be well worth it in the long haul especially owning a Boss Hoss .

Jack
You may be right, but I think Eagle is just going to pay it and be done. The TN Troopers are known for being an Ass, even our friend who is a County sheriff in TN says that most are. He has friends who are Troopers in his area and even they say some are an Ass.
Normally when you pay a lawyer to try to get the charge dropped or reduced to a lesser charge the arresting officer isn't involved nor does he even know what is happening . If you are pleading not guilty to the charge that could be a different story . I've never had a speeding charge dropped altogether but I have had a few reduced to a non moving violation . Usually cost about $300 - $400 dollars but worth it to me .

Jack

Jack
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Jack,

I understand where you are coming from! :)
Butterfly
Els

Post by Els »

I've had 2 speeding tickets dropped in 2 different states by calling the State Attorney in the respective county and talking to them. My last one, 71 in a 55 got reduced to an equipment violation by my getting a speedometer certificate at a tire shop ($50.00) take it to the Clerk of Court, and pay a $55 fine for "Improper Equipment" (non-moving violation) . The Assistant State Attorney I spoke to said that they truly wanted folks to be safe more rather than rake in revenue from out of towners and this was their way of showing it. He followed up by saying if I was caught again speeding, I would not only be responsible for that ticket but they would impose the original ticket on me along with a big ass fine. That was in NC.

While at a car show in Tennessee last week, a few local hotrod and bike guys told me there were 1,000 tickets a month being given out by cops in Johnson County alone and being done primarily by 11 state cops. I don't know if that's true or not but a number of Tennessee counties (Johnson and Carter I was told) have been highly motivated by the significant revenue going to the respective counties. They have in particular been targeting bikes on Hwy 421 between Mountain City and Bristol. That is premium riding territory with the infamous Shady Valley in between. In spite of being one of them on most Sundays, the crotch rocket guys are mostly to blame as a result of pretty aggressive riding that tends to piss off motorists along that route as well as locals living on that road.

Sorry to hear about the ticket and not getting a pass with your military status, however, let it not go without warning that the Tennessee state cops can indeed be pricks and proud of it. If you haven't paid it yet, try calling the local State Attorney and seeing if they'd give you a pass. I'm 2 for 2 having done so.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Brother Elliot,

It can't hurt to try. I appreciate the advice. Having said that, I haven't had a ticket of any kind in almost 20 years. Back in the "Hair Days" though it was a different story. Back then I got every ticket there was to get with the exception of wreckless driving or a DUI. This time I wasn't even consiously[sp] speeding. It was the first time I ever drove this vehicle anad it was so small I could hardly get in and out of it. I was distracted inside the vehicle for a few seconds and that's all it took. The Trooper said that I was doing 83mph when I passed him and "sped up" to 84 when he came out after me. I guess I was runnin' or something :roll: When I handed him the rental agreement he got all huffy over the fact that I had declined the additional insurance. I told him that the rental co. carries their own and that the Army covered the rest and that wasn't good enough. I just happened to have my bike insurance card on me and that was "Good Enough". Oh well I'll have to look up the number for the States Attorney and see what's what. By the way for 14 over it's $161.00 :shock: Good thing I love Tennessee so much.
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!