AR

Jack D

Post by AR »

Hey Jack,

did we get to see your fender yet?
hogv8

Re: Jack D

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , try this and click on slide show . http://picasaweb.google.com/hogv8/jack/ ... 8additions

Tis was a cloudy day . I plan on taking some better pictures on a sunny day .

Jack
Last edited by hogv8 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AR

Post by AR »

hogv8 wrote:Rob , try this and click on slide show . http://picasaweb.google.com.Jacj/Boss2008Additions

Tis was a cloudy day . I plan on taking some better pictures on a sunny day .

Jack
no luck with the link Jack...error message. :cry:
AR

Post by AR »

haha, no good again Jack. You making me late for work. I'll leave you with it and check in later :lol: .

Aussie.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Sorry , I'll try again later .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , try this and click on slide show .

http://picasaweb.google.com/HogV8.Jack/ ... 8Additions

Jack
AR

Post by AR »

Thats right we did see all that...how could I forget?

Really beautiful work and its almost impossible to believe its a 2000 model Jack. My favorite bits are the jockey shift, the coordinated rad cover/tank gap filler, and the black fan. Tell me did you buy a back fan or get it painted?
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , I got sick of replacing chrome fan grilles because of chrome peeling so I bought used black fan that was not operating , painted the grille with black semi gloss plastic paint and replaced the worn out motor with my good high performance fan motor . The standard black fan grilles just look too dull for my taste . I added the polished stainless accorn mounting nuts to add some bling .

Jack
KISS

Post by KISS »

VERY nice bike Jack! 8-) Lot´s of small details all around it,well done!
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

KISS wrote:VERY nice bike Jack! 8-) Lot´s of small details all around it,well done!
thanks Kiss , Yes , I am into detail as I see you are too . Your bike is very nice also .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

I've seen Jack's bike close up and it's very well done. Unfortunately, pics never do our bikes full justice.

Jack, that heat sink cooler is a great add. I think you use Fred Strammer's temp toggle and if so, you surely noticed a difference after installing it. I actually used 3 tranny coolers on Big Red and ended up lowering temp by an average of 15 degrees over stock.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Elliot , I know my tastes and style are not for everyone but after owning this machine for going on 9 years now I just got sick of polishing the alum rims and other polished alum do dads . Also it's almost impossible to find anyone that can chrome alum anymore and make it last without eventually flaking off or corroding to say nothing of the cost .My Powdercoated is very reasonable and you can virtually have any color you desire . The only things left on my bike that are not either chromed or powdercoated are the brake calipers and the rear master cylinder . They will be black powder coated along with a few other things this coming winter . If you look at some of the new Harleys and other bikes they have also gone to the blacked out look style . Sure makes for a lot less polishing . I'm not going for the total blacked out look but I do like the black , silver and chrome contrast .

I have 2 heat sink coolers . One in the front spoiler and another mounted behind the tranny . I have a temp. sensor installed in the rear of the tranny and have a separate tranny temp. gage . The combo of the 2 heat sink coolers works eccellent . I rode about 1000 miles while in Florida this year and never saw over 160 degree tranny temp .

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack,

I've done enough polishing for a lifetime. I hate it. :x I told Stan when he was building the chopper that if it's polished, I don't want it. He has a really good chromer and I had everything I could chromed including the Edelbrock intake, Holley breather, etc. I've heard the ol' argument about being able to polish scratches out whereas you're screwed with a chrome scratch but I don't care. NO POLISHING!

On that fancy green custom chopper Stan did with the 360 rear tire...I heard that wheel alone costs a truck load full of dollars. The cost of chrome and polished is sky high these days. Still, I'm a sucker for chrome and just gotta have it. :lol:

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image