Chopper is reborn!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
NcChopper

Chopper is reborn!

Post by NcChopper »

Some of you are aware of the oil consumption issues I had with my chopper when I bought it used. Previous owner installed a large cam and while it sounded very good it was out of spec for the stock heads and caused premature wear and tear and I was drinking oil. After a leak down test and a compression test I was reasonably assured that bottom end of the GM crate motor was sound. After the aluminum heads, a 600cfm carb and a "snotty" cam the chopper rocks!! I'm very pleased. I gave up a little power on the bottom to get a bike with attitude sound (as Els says) but the torque comes on real quick and then she rolls.

Last edited by NcChopper on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR

Re: Chopper is reborn!

Post by AR »

You and your chopper mates are starting to make some big waves Chris. 8-)
Els

Re: Chopper is reborn!

Post by Els »

Chris,

Good job, I know that oil consumption thing was grinding away at you. Getting rid of that problem by increasing performance is certainly the "A" answer.

These bikes have so much on the bottom that it makes good sense to see the big power come in a little higher in the curve. You then end up not simply smoking the tire and when you're already hooked up, you get thrown back hard in the saddle. Good choice!

Looking forward to seeing, hearing and riding with you at M.B. Best,

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image