Are ya'll having the same problem we are?

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Butterfly

Are ya'll having the same problem we are?

Post by Butterfly »

It finally cooled off enough for me to ride the bike so Friday night we took it out to eat. While we were out we decided to top off the tank for Saturday ride.... :D Well, we couldn't find any High Test Gas at any of the 10-15 local stations! :shock: :( . We knew we could get it on Post but that meant a trip back down and then back out to ride. :o All the stations around here only have Reg or Reg and Diesel. We did find a closer station that only had Plus and Premium but no Reg or Diesel. :roll: We decided to take a "Chase" car with extra gas..for the Saturday ride.. :) it turned out to be a good thing because even in Dothan a fairly large city there was no High Test to be found! :shock: :roll: When I asked why there was no High test I was told that the company trucks just weren't delivering any....so what next? When this local station runs out, we may have to park the Beast till we can get Gas for her...what a bummer! :( Are any of y'all having trouble finding High Test for your Bikes or are we just special....here in Lower Alabama? :shock:
Butterfly
AR

Re: Are ya'll having the same problem we are?

Post by AR »

Not sure what 'high test' is but here there is a bs strategy by fuel companies to sell more of particular fuels with a higher $ margin while the premium you want sits in their tanks waiting for higher price days. For punter riders like you and me you might as well buy the shit stuff anyway - who trusts the bastards?

I'm going to Carbmikes board to hang out for a while :x
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Aussiefahrt wrote:Not sure what 'high test' is but here there is a bs strategy by fuel companies to sell more of particular fuels with a higher $ margin while the premium you want sits in their tanks waiting for higher price days. For punter riders like you and me you might as well buy the shit stuff anyway - who trusts the bastards?

I'm going to Carbmikes board to hang out for a while :x
Aussie, High Test is Premium. 93 octane gas. Now the Post (Base) is out of all gas, so it is getting tight around here!

When I went through Colorado, for about 150 miles around Meeker, you could not find a Motel, Bed-Breakfast, Camp Ground or anywhere to stay for the night! Why, because all the oil and gas drilling people had all the rooms and spaces! Yes....in that 150 Miles all I seen was Oil and Gas drilling rigs....miles and miles of them....My question is where the Hell is all that gas and oil going...it ain't going to us in in the USA..... My cousin happen to own a Bed and Breakfast place and they had a camper that we could stay in..because ALL her rooms where full and had been for a few years!!!!!
Butterfly
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

heard on the news today that gas is hard to find in Tennessee..hey Puff is that true?? also gas is hard to find in ATlanta, Ga...anybody heard anything>>Boom
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Boom..Down here it is really hard to find, Enterprise, Dothan, Montgomery. Some stations have a $50.00 limit on filling up. I don't know about y'all but $50.00 ain't much for the truck or car! Some stations have reg only, some have reg and Diesel (for now, when they sale out of Diesel they will be out) and very few have Premium. Most of the stations are also charging .50-$1.00 more for their gas...a couple of places are over $4.50 for reg and $5.00 for Diesel. Talked to a couple of Truckers today and they said that the gas and diesel is out there but the prices are high. Unless somethings gives, it might be hard for some to get to the Rally because of the fuel shortage! At a $50.00 limit some of the rigs are in trouble. :cry: Here on Post they now have MPs at the pumps and all they have is reg. The MPs are checking IDs and there might be a limit on what you can get..... we are keeping 6 gals down just in case for the bike....
Butterfly
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I wouldn't worry about running 87 octane in Eagles engine for the short term . You could always add octane booster also .

Jack .
Last edited by hogv8 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puff

Post by Puff »

I just checked with a friend who runs a gas station here in Dyersburg.
No fuel shortages for the area of West Tennessee.
Hope this helps everyone to feel better about the rally.
See ya'll in a week!

Puff
Bill Van Sant

SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Looks like I need to get a trailer and haul my gas in gas is 60 cents cheaper here.
http://www.automotive.com/gas-prices/34 ... code=64078

Shane
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I keep a check on gas prices and some of the places around here say they have it..and when you get there..they don't... but things are looking up here...more stations are now getting all grades of gas..just no diesel yet.....so all should be okay!

Jack I agree and we do have octane booster on hand....but for now we are just waiting it out!

Eagle lost the the Alternator yesterday and we ordered a new chrome one that should be here Friday (tomorrow) evening. We got lucky and got it for $85.00 including shipping! You can bet Eagle is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Puff for your hard work and I hope Y'all have a Grand time at the Rally..Think about me.....and don't misbehave!!!!!!!!
Butterfly
Puff

Post by Puff »

Butterfly,

What is this word you used: "misbehave"??
Nevuh hoid uhvit!! :twisted:

Puff :lol:
Bill Van Sant

Tom

Post by Tom »

mis·be·have /ˌmɪsbɪˈheɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mis-bi-heyv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -haved, -hav·ing.
–verb (used without object) 1. to behave badly or improperly: The children misbehaved during our visit.
–verb (used with object) 2. to conduct (oneself) without regard for good manners or accepted moral standards: Several of the guests misbehaved themselves.

Or.... V8bikerides.net member acting as expected?? :mrgreen:
AR

Post by AR »

Butterfly wrote: Eagle lost the the Alternator yesterday and we ordered a new chrome one that should be here Friday (tomorrow) evening. We got lucky and got it for $85.00 including shipping! You can bet Eagle is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
weird huh, lost my alternator yesterday too...Eagle and I must be brothers Unah! At least i know one of the chrome bits i'll be looking for at Marv's stand next week :)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Butterfly wrote:I keep a check on gas prices and some of the places around here say they have it..and when you get there..they don't... but things are looking up here...more stations are now getting all grades of gas..just no diesel yet.....so all should be okay!

Jack I agree and we do have octane booster on hand....but for now we are just waiting it out!

Eagle lost the the Alternator yesterday and we ordered a new chrome one that should be here Friday (tomorrow) evening. We got lucky and got it for $85.00 including shipping! You can bet Eagle is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Puff for your hard work and I hope Y'all have a Grand time at the Rally..Think about me.....and don't misbehave!!!!!!!!

I don't know what alternator Eagles bike has on it but you can buy alternator rebuilding kits for about $50.00 . They are very simple to rebuild . Just follow the included instructions . Summit racing has them . Maybe rebuild your old one for a spare .

Jack
AR

Post by AR »

hogv8 wrote:[I don't know what alternator Eagles bike has on it but you can buy alternator rebuilding kits for about $50.00 . They are very simple to rebuild . Just follow the included instructions . Summit racing has them . Maybe rebuild your old one for a spare .

Jack
Great tip Jack!...I'll whip mine off this weekend and see what the local carparts guys can do. It's also a good chance to get in that undercarriage area and clean/polish it all up.

8-)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Rob, I haven't researched it myself but Ed the Head on the .com site purchased a rebuild kit for his one wire Powermaster starter from Summit Racing for about $50.00 . Said it took him about 1 hour to install the rebuild kit .

Jack