Question About Bike Raffles

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Question About Bike Raffles

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I have a 98 fatboy that i am wanting to sell. I have way to much in it (Before Boss Hoss) to ever be able to break even on a sale, like around 45. i had a worm at work say he was going to buy it but never did. I was wondering has anyone had experience raffling off a bike? the one major thing i would be concerned with is not selling enough tickets. at the bar we have access to people probably willing to buy tickets, they would go for 20$ i imagine, and if i could sell 1000 it would be great, but it would suck to sell 300. Anyone got any experience or ideas about this? helpful comments are appreciated. and yes this will be going toward a BH trike for my better half.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
AR

Re: Question About Bike Raffles

Post by AR »

Darryl,

dont you have to register a raffle with like a games & lotteries commission or govt dept? or in the US can you just raffle you own personal items away and keep the change?

sounds wacky to me but maybe thats what liberty can buy you.

Good luck with it whatever happens.. :!:
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: Question About Bike Raffles

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Rob,

Unsure if it is legal or not,,, just more things to think of as i am unsure of how i am going to sell it,, just don't want to get hammered completely on it. thanks for the reply.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell