V8Bikers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Tom

Re: V8Bikers

Post by Tom »

I may not post much but I always check in everyday and appreciate the site as much as the rest....
Signed...
Two time sucker :mrgreen:
Glad to support
Tom

Post by Tom »

As they say here in California... Es no problemo.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Donation sent from Eagle and I!!!!

Thanks Lennu for a place to park!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I love the link..Wildman!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Butterfly
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

:o ..oh well the train keeps running!!!! Thanks Man!!!!
Butterfly
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

WM, well said....my donation is just done, too

We wanna keep this site going :-)

Olaf
Els

Post by Els »

Hate to sound like a dumb ass but how do we convert that Euro deal on Pay Pal to U.S. green?

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Els, I just mailed Wildman a check for $100 instead of
all the Paypal bullshit. Just hope he didn't spend the
money on some J.D. and a cheap hooker. :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

PM headed your way.

Not that it's important or anything I should probably even speak to but why would the site have a problem with paid sponsors? If I had any type of business that could serve those who use a site like this and on a national (or global) basis, I'd love to advertise. I commended V8Choppers for advertising their piece on the .com site. It's got to be good for them, the site's readers, and the site.

I realize the intent of this site was in no way a money making notion, however, we can clearly see and have been told that there are expenses, headaches, time and effort associated with keeping it launched and floating so having a bit of income to help offset that seems like a good idea.

I don't mind parting with some green in show of my appreciation for this site and "the check's in the mail", however, I just didn't have a clear picture of why paid sponsorship would be avoided. If it's none of my f'ing business, we'll just let it drop. If it's something that would help this site and it's creators, why not do it?

Please don't take this as my telling someone how to mind their store...I'm just curious. The site kicks ass and I'd selfishily like to see it stay that way.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

Have gone through 3 episodes of kidney stones. You have my sympathy. With the exception of LOTS of beer drinking and pounding my kidneys with jacuzzi jets, not much fun.

I'm totally corn-fused with your response. Not sure where your "funny business" or your "comments being mistaken" came from but there was zero suggestion of that from me. I simply suggested that advertising on this site could be good for everyone...sponsor, site, and readers.

Regarding your comment "good value to those that offer support", I would think any supplier, vendor, mfg, etc of something to do with V8 bikes, would find it a great vehicle to either promote or sell their product(s). Whether bikes, chrome, performance supplies, clothing, or whatever, the site provides a decent audience of guys who spend significant dollars and talk to other people. All retailers want to get in front of potential customers. This comes from someone who has been accused of being a successful marketing guy for well over 30 years.

As far as your involvement, I personally know that what you brought to the old Yahoo board and what you contribute to this site and you are invaluable. You've helped me with shit behind the scenes a dozen times not to mention bringing a true sense of fun, honesty, and telling it the way it is without all the uptight crap or censorship associated with the uptight site. I really appreciate it all.

In any case, you guys seemed to promote wanting feedback or suggestions and that was my 2 cents. I'd personally enjoy seeing some quality vendors putting up a banner or whatever. I'm inclined to do business via the networking thing and would certainly want to support any business that supported the site. I bought a blower and other performance eqpt from a vendor on an Chevy SSR board when wanting to do shit to the hotrod. Same with performance stuff and clothing from sponsors on one of the Jap board sites. When you guys are actively looking for this kind of sponsorship, let us know so we can put the word out.

Elliot
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

WM,

I just talked to David the other day about that and thought it was a done deal...'til I found out the dates. There's some conflicts with vacation plans involving wife, granddaughter and friends. I'm seeing if there's a way to massage it as Dave was very persuassive and I'd really like to hook up with a number of guys I don't get to normally see or ride with. I'm going to kick it in the butt pretty good but it's somewhat doubtful because of some cemented plans that involve non-refundable deposits, boating/diving with friends who nailed those dates, etc.

Elliot
Image Image Image