New look V8Bikers Homepage!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

New look V8Bikers Homepage!

Post by AR »

Dear V8 bikers,

As you would have noticed, the tired old V8Bikers.net homepage has had a bit of a facelift. Thanks to our generous bunch of new and repeat suckers we have secured our new chat facility and gained a little more webmaster time for those month to month housekeeping duties.

Now for the big news...and we will stop short of saying inundated but recently we have received several offers of support from V8 bike industry players and are very excited to now offer a sponsors advertisement rotation....see at the top RHS :shock:, where we will do our best to promote those great people helping us to pay our bills and keep moving this forum forward.

Of course we are chuffed and so should be our members because in some way this reflects our metamorphisis from a bunch of mere disgruntlemate rebels into a just above average force in the world of V8 bikes. :lol:

On behalf of the team Thanks to Lennu for his terrific efforts and support..much appreciated.

AR.

Ps; Lennu...as promised I will kiss your backside when next I visit Helsinki. :lol:
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: New look V8Bikers Homepage!

Post by SRF »

Looks great glad to see we are moving forward here! Great to have the Defrag button.

Shane
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Being a novice at computers,,, what the hell does the defrag the damn posts do? i hit it, it popped up and did nothing. i know what defrag the hard drive is,,, but WTF? Maybe i am in too warm a climate for the defrag button to work properly and this is just a way to get back at the South. Also is the new posts button gone or am i just simply going blind? So just to make sure this post is bikerelated i did go on about 120 mile run today in t-shirt weather,,, low 70's after dark here in South Texas,,,,Brrrrrr

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Tom

Post by Tom »

Darryl.. say...DUH... :lol: Defrag the damn posts IS the new posts button.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Tom wrote:Darryl.. say...DUH... :lol: Defrag the damn posts IS the new posts button.
Hey Tom, I'll say DUH cause I was wondering the same fucking thing.

Just didn't want ot admit I didn't know. :x

....Johnston, Iowa
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Tom wrote:Darryl.. say...DUH... :lol: Defrag the damn posts IS the new posts button.
I have been enlightened,, amen. i had no idea as when i pressed it there was nothing.
thanks Tom,, it could be this south texas air. :o

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
tjy

Post by tjy »

Add me to the DUH list too...

Darryl same thing here after a 150.00 battery and two new turnsignal lens's, the left one fell off and the right one broke,
I rode around daytona for acouple hrs..temp a cool 72f.

tom

Els

Post by Els »

tjy wrote:Add me to the DUH list too...

Darryl same thing here after a 150.00 battery and two new turnsignal lens's, the left one fell off and the right one broke,
I rode around daytona for acouple hrs..temp a cool 72f.

tom

Tom, speaking of "Daytona", the guys who were at Biketoberfest told me the head/traffic count was WAY down. Are the newspapers or any scuttlebutt going around Daytona predicting the same for Bike Week :?: I was kind of hoping so as the same guys said it was a pleasure to get around with less traffic, no restaurant lines, etc 8-) I was thinking that was when gas was at it's highest and now that it's down, it may be the same huge hords :(

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
SF

Post by SF »

More board changes made today...

* Tech section consolidation....Rather than have the tech issues all sorted into categories we have found this to be more cumbersome than convenient so goodbye sorting and hello chaos which is what we all want he at rebels!

* & Carby's soapbox section...Ok Mike, you had your time in the sun but from now on you can join the rest of us plebs posting our alternative views and non V8 related in Off-topic section. All your rants have been preserved and I'm sure your devout band of followers can find you there no probs.

Have a nice day people.

AUSTRALIA DUDE.
Els

Post by Els »

Thanks for what you did guys. I used to always check tech sections before "general" on past boards but I too found it to be cumbersome and have avoided it as a result. This will steer me right back to it. Seems your continued tweaking makes the site better and better.

Carb Mike...what can I say? I was wondering why a V8 site had a section for gov't conspiracy and aliens ;) I know he takes his passions seriously and in spite of not agreeing with some of what Mike posts, I'm glad this site continues to let folks have their say...even if they're wrong which I've been plenty of times. Mike is a seriously deep thinker...and a gentleman.

Again, thanks for what you do guys. This site totally kicks ass 8-)

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
gaston 2005 502

well it is hard to improve "Great" but ya'll have 8-) . it is now much easier to get around on the tech and it is appricated. heck i could even figure that one out with the "Texas Air" down here :roll: .

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
tjy

Post by tjy »

els;

nope haven't heard anything But one of the fellow koa'ers went south to the koa down near key west, they were in
management there several yrs ago, for a little r&r, tripped to key west said the campground was sparsely used, 8 out of 100+
sites full, and no fishing boats cruising very little in the line of tourists in kw, that was before xmas.

I thinking with the prices of gas/diesel now which could change this month, Obama, moving in, things could change.
I will pay more attention to the papers and media and keep you posted. It would be nice as octoberfest was easy to get around
and smaller lines.

tom