Ford powered Boss...

Post by AR »

Thanks for the pics Bob 8-)

& a nice little vid from Daytona!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzItMcoOdek
sled350

Re: Ford powered Boss...

Post by sled350 »

Rob - it's one sweet bike . U can tell the difference when a bike is done by a pro.

How about a Aussie powered bike ?
Attachments
Aussie shella.jpg
Puff

Post by Puff »

Bob, Rob, and Howie,

That bike belongs to Charlie Palmer,
the fellow who builds all the BH Hoss Flys.
I saw it at the local Dyersburg bike night
this past fall(2008). Charlie is one heckuva
craftsperson! (and THAT is an understatement!)

Bill
Bill Van Sant

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

So would that be our alternative if GM is finally going south :?:

Besides the fact that there is not enough oil in the tranny, it looks to me that it sits a little lower than usual : towards the centeraxle of the swingarm which is good :idea:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Tom

Post by Tom »

You noticed that too huh?? I wasn`t going to say anything. While playing with engine alignment on my bike last weekend I noticed the bolt that holds the cap for the swingarm bolt was directly in line with one of the clutch cover cap screws... This bike it is back..... 1/2 inch maybe??? Good eye.
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

502wingman wrote:So would that be our alternative if GM is finally going south :?:
Peter,
a factory-option of a Ford engine would be a nice idea. One advantage is - the distributor is lacated in the front of the engine, much more room there. One disadvantage of Ford engines generally is - the parts are expensive, and not much choice for parts either.

Have ever been a Ford fan, but over the years I learned to love my Chevy engine. It's reliable, it doesn't tend to leak and lots of nice parts available all over the world.

I remember times when I tried to find a stainless water neck for my 460 Ford or a polished intake manifold.....no chance. Also, stock parts are two times more expensive than Chevy parts with the same quality - it's just because they are not as much sold and in use.

However, I would love to see the option of a 351 Windsor or 429/460 Ford Big Block for 2010 :)

Loaf

PS: Where have you been, tried to call you a couple of times within the last couple weeks?