News update, V8 Chopper in my garage is FOR SALE

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Crazy Rick

News update, V8 Chopper in my garage is FOR SALE

Post by Crazy Rick »

OK, here is the scoop on the V8 Chopper in my garage.
The bike is here only for a few days. Stan sold it at Daytona and the guy buying it lives here in the Atlanta area. I am holding it for him to pick up on Thursday. I will post some pictures of the new V8 owner as soon as he gets it. He has NO V8 experience and is a sport bike rider. I am sure he will love it as much as I did the first time I rode David Wards’ chopper bike. I have been drooling ever sense.

UPDATE:...... The buyer backed out on the deal....This NEW chopper is for sale... Call Stan on This new bike as I am not a dealer for V8 Choppers or anyone else.

V8Choppers, LLC.
10060 S. 592 Rd.
Miami, Oklahoma 74354
Phone: 918-542-8832
stanhughes@cableone.net

These V8 choppers will surprise anyone that rides one. I was amazed at how fast I could go around corners in the twisties. It feels like a sport bike when compared to my big block. It has a lot more ground clearance than my bike and inspired confidence diving into the turns. I was also able to get hard on the gas on corner exit while still leaned over hard. The bike just works unbelievably well.
I am sure that I was not the only one to notice that a lot of Boss folks hung around the V8 Chopper booth in Daytona. My thoughts on the subject are that lots of us love choppers and the V8s are awesome looking. Also Stan makes everyone feel welcome at his place no matter what you rode in on. It just seemed to be the cool place to hang out and meet up with your friends. V8 friends, chairs, cold drinks, good jokes and shade are hard to pass up.

"NEWS"
I am headed up to the V8 Chopper Factory in a week or so to help build a bike or two, learn the ins and outs of the V8 Chopper. When I get back I will be an Authorized V8 Chopper Service Center. I’ll be able to help with warranty work that needs to be done in this area or maintenance for those that would rather not do it themselves. With eight years of working on the Boss, I can help you on both brands if needed.

I had a great time in Daytona and yes my long streek of speeding tickets is in tact for another year. Thanks to all you guys and gals for making it fun.
See you in Miami,
CR
Last edited by Crazy Rick on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Els

Re: News, V8 Chopper in my garage

Post by Els »

Rick,

Congratulations and best of luck. This is a very good thing for both V8Chopper owners and the factory.

Your comments about the V8Choppers are something Gary and I have known for 5 years now. Having bought the first two choppers Stan did, we've thoroughly enjoyed the bikes and our friendship with Stan the entire 5 years. As demonstrated by Gary's chopper in Daytona, you can see that they've stayed beautiful, reliable, and formidable through those years. I wish like hell I still had the #2 chopper but I'm infinitely happy with my new one especially with the DART motor. I ride mine like a sport bike and recently sold my Suzuki GSX-R 1000 because the chopper was more fun (and definitely cooler) here in the mountains than the Gixxer. Gary, Stan, David and numerous others have chased me around the mountains on the chopper and can attest to what it's capabilities and agility are in an environment one wouldn't suspect friendly for a V8 bike.

Ever see the Maytag commercial about the repairman who sat on his ass all day because of the reliability of Maytags? You may need to promote nitrous systems going on the choppers to keep you busy, ha ha ;) Again, sincerest congrats.

Elliot
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

This is David Ward parking my Boss After a short ride. It didn't take him long to find out why I wear tall boots and knee high socks when riding the Big Block. It gets a tad warm he said. :lol: I got to ride his 600hp white chopper again. That thing is one bad ass ride. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Crazy Rick on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Hey Rick, Are you sure you becoming a V8 chopper service center
isn't just a way to get ahold of Billys bad ass chopper once in a while?

I can just see it now you calling the chopper owners every few week
saying you have updates to install. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Els wrote:Rick,

Congratulations and best of luck. This is a very good thing for both V8Chopper owners and the factory.

Your comments about the V8Choppers are something Gary and I have known for 5 years now. Having bought the first two choppers Stan did, we've thoroughly enjoyed the bikes and our friendship with Stan the entire 5 years. As demonstrated by Gary's chopper in Daytona, you can see that they've stayed beautiful, reliable, and formidable through those years. I wish like hell I still had the #2 chopper but I'm infinitely happy with my new one especially with the DART motor. I ride mine like a sport bike and recently sold my Suzuki GSX-R 1000 because the chopper was more fun (and definitely cooler) here in the mountains than the Gixxer. Gary, Stan, David and numerous others have chased me around the mountains on the chopper and can attest to what it's capabilities and agility are in an environment one wouldn't suspect friendly for a V8 bike.

Ever see the Maytag commercial about the repairman who sat on his ass all day because of the reliability of Maytags? You may need to promote nitrous systems going on the choppers to keep you busy, ha ha ;) Again, sincerest congrats.

Elliot

Elliot, I never believed anyone that told me how well they handled. I like lots of us believed that because it is a hard tail chopper that it must handle and ride like crapp. After spending a day one of Davids I became a BELIEVER. The ride quality is WAY ABOVE my expectations and is very close to my Boss. Handling is way better. It is suprizingly nimble on a twisted hwy. I love both of them. You must really surprise some of the kids on sport bikes in your neck of the woods....

I know of TWO friends that are selling 502 Big Blocks if you know of anyone looking. Both are awesome looking.
CR

Els

Post by Els »

Rick,

I'm the first to admit that each of the V8 bikes, V8Chopper, Boss Hoss, and Vanquish, all have their niche and all excel with their respective strong points. I've never been too brand loyal 'cept for Yamaha outboards. Both Fords and Chevy's in my drive/garage. As stated, I'm as happy as a pig in mud with the choppers 5 years later. All the attributes you mention are right on.

Having said this, I still think the 502 BH is an animal ( :twisted: ). With the factory making the decision to go LS instead of 502, there should be a bunch of small block Boss owners who are hungry for 502's. The fellas who have them for sale should have no problem selling them I'm betting.

Now that you've come to the light :shock: (ha ha) and considering we live in the same part of the world, we'll hopefully hook up here in the mountains and wring the bikes out. As you know, the "nimble" aspect makes them a blast especially on these roads. PM coming your way. Best,

Elliot
Image Image Image
Crazy Rick

Re: News update, V8 Chopper in my garage is FOR SALE

Post by Crazy Rick »

Buyer Backed out, so this "NEW V8 Chopper" is for sale. See classifieds or call Stan at V8 Choppers.
V8Choppers, LLC.
10060 S. 592 Rd.
Miami, Oklahoma 74354
Phone: 918-542-8832
stanhughes@cableone.net

CR - 770-294-5550

Last edited by Crazy Rick on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Els

Post by Els »

Gents, for you guys that didn't make it to Daytona, I'll testify that it's one of the best looking bikes I've seen. I actually pulled up next to it and parked first day feeling pretty smug about how great mine looked. I saw that one and moved mine because it made my paint look pretty insignificant :cry: . I asked Stan if he could disappear for an hour or so while I swapped out painted parts :twisted: . He told me no problem, for a fair number of thousand dollar bills, I could.

Exceptionally nice chopper and with that DART motor, sounds and performs as good as it looks. Hard to believe that one lasted through Daytona. It was my bet for the first to be sold. CR's a good photographer but the photos do it no justice. It's a bad looking bitch 8-) .

Els

Image Image Image
NcChopper

Post by NcChopper »

Yeah...What Elliot said! It's righteous!

Chris