LS 470 for Berzerker

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: LS 470 for Berzerker

Post by Iron Maiden »

:nanner: Whoo hoooo I just heard Berzerker run on the Dyno!!! Sounds reeeaaalllllll good!! :maninlove:

Anyone else that wants a sneak peak before Ricky post it on here then click the FaceBook link just under the top banner of this page this will take you to the v8 Bikers FaceBook page.

:thumbup:

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Damn FaceBook again ... :(

I'll have to wait to hear it here ... did I already say DAMN FACEBOOK?
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

phpBB [video]

598hp was the best pull I could get, couldn't keep the rear tire planted past 6000rpm, has top end cam, explosive power on big end.
With an 8000 redline, still have 2000rpm more power to deliver. I dunno, maybe 700hp at the rear wheel? Might not ever know.
That sheet metal intake and wilson 105mm throttle body made a big difference over the FAST intake and 90mm throttle body used to dyno the engine, made 739hp.
I'm happy.
Attachments
image.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

That's awesome Ricky! Glad you are happy with it. Sounds sick in the video. Have you had a chance to get it out on the street and terrorize small children and old ladies?. 8-)

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Sounds and Looks GREAT! Hope to see it in Person One day
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

That's great to hear! As much time and effort you put into berserker, I hope you get to enjoy for a long time..Great job on a great bike..
phpBB [video]
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

That sounds NASTY!!!!!!!!!! I was waiting for the rear tire to go up in smoke during the run :yourock:

Congrats on a VERY sweet sounding bike, you did good!

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

V8Bikers wrote:That's awesome Ricky! Glad you are happy with it. Sounds sick in the video. Have you had a chance to get it out on the street and terrorize small children and old ladies?. 8-)

Not yet, still have to sort some shit before taking it out.
Front tire is dry-rotted, no rear brakes, untangle wire harness and secure that fuel tank will mount and secure properly, mount front fender, wind vest, wash that machine as its filthy.
Probably won't get started until wed/Thursday as my business needs me more. It'll get done by next Sunday I hope, can't wait to ride!!!!!
I wish that I had more time to devote or a team of elves to sort it all as o sleep!!

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Just picked up my side panels, I'm blown away by the talent my painter possesses, farking over the top.

Finishing up some details on Berzerker, hope to take it out on the road for the first time later today.
Still have to get a license plate for it and clean the filthy bastard.
Attachments
image.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow awesome paint - he is very talented - have fun and hang onto that beast !!! :ridding:

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Rick, It sounds awesome, and has more deep power in there.

Well earned fun-machine, a fantastic collection of engineering excellence, perfect part of the boy's toys set of REAL guns, REAL gals (of course your missus only) and REAL bikes (V8's only).

Enjoy it and try to get us some video of your first rides, we'd love to share that expression of power on the road.
Gordon from England
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Rick, Just watched your video and I can appreceate all you've been thru to get your machine finally up and running again, and sounding soooooo awsum ! Great job.
Its a great time of year to bring it out on the road and start enjoying all the time you have in it. Now you can look back on each issue that caused headaches and alcohol consumption and wonder "why did I do that and not that ? ". Hindsight is great. Your painter is something.
Enjoy your ride. Well done ! :capwin:
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Working out bugs, minor issues.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Ricky - I see you are so in love with Berzerker that you are even sleeping on an air mattress next to her?? :maninlove:
Can't say I blame you!!

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

This is a historical event. I admire everything you've done to arrive at this point. I hope it lives up to all your dreams.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Man Ricky,,, Berzerker looks beautiful! I was wondering to myself with all the performance mod's you have done,I was worried about the looks of the finished product..I am astounded by the clean lines and fitment of all bodywork..It looks like the tank melted to the top of the motor! Unbelievable workmanship and top quality build..That is one of the best looking Boss Hoss's, And without a doubt one of the baddest on the planet...Kudos..Just one question..What did you do with the rear brake set-up..m/c and foot pedal?
phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I think I see a lever on the left side handlebar ... That would probably be it
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Iron Maiden wrote:Ricky - I see you are so in love with Berzerker that you are even sleeping on an air mattress next to her?? :maninlove:
Can't say I blame you!!
While I have laid on it a few times, today included, that is my pointers bed. Cricket points out my errors!! She's a damn fine dog; bagged alot pheasants up north over her points.

Randy, I have the rear brakes on my handle bars; right is rear and left is front.
Attachments
IMG_1598.JPG

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Good dog! But probably was bored during the build just waiting for an error ;)

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote:This is a historical event. I admire everything you've done to arrive at this point. I hope it lives up to all your dreams.
Thanks, must admit that I am indeed proud, have at least one issue to workout and a few things still left to do.
It is an historical event in that as far as I know this is the first LS7 engine in a Boss Hoss. Many have wanted to see a LS7 in a bike, here it is
An LS7 is a dry sump engine requiring a oil tank.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

Ricky..........that's an INCREDIBLE machine that stands heads above the rest of the crowd. Unbelievable craftsmanship all the way around. Ride it with the pride that you deserve..........and I hope to see it in person some day. Well done.
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ricky -

Hows the bike going? Did you get the minor issues resolved? I would love to see more video ... that engine sounds soooo fricken nasty!

Don

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

V-MAN wrote:Ricky -

Hows the bike going? Did you get the minor issues resolved? I would love to see more video ... that engine sounds soooo fricken nasty!

Don
Don
Still have one issue remaining; bike NOT tracking straight. It pulls hard right, not sure what is wrong yet.
I lined-up rear wheel such that it is true with the front by placing 2 long, straight boards along-side and against the rear wheel, made sure the boards were straight by measuring the distance between boards behind and in front of the rear wheel, then measured the distance on both sides of the front wheel, was waaay off, so adjusted the rear wheel until same on both sides. It rode alot better, but still pulling right.
hmmm
Placed a straight edge along-side the outside of rear pulley and it exactly meets the outside of the front pulley; double confirmation.
Kewl metal front-end; might this be me problem? I didn't install it but did adjust it to raise the front end elevation profile.
Thought maybe the adjustable Kewl metal tube thingy might be un-even, basically one side longer than the other making it pull right, so measured from top of tree down to tube but both exactly the same. Maybe I need to remove the front wheel, free it up and check again?
It has one of Marv's rear wheel with a Nitto drag radial.
Any help would be appreciated, not sure what to do now.
Been raining, flooding in some areas, not able to ride anyway.
Ordered a exhaust header heat shield from Marv, heat from headers is intense even with the wrap. Might try triple wrapping, see if that helps, I like the look. I threw the heat shields away from my other bikes and used wrap; this nasty engine may require the shield.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I installed a set of Ego Trip 18" wheels from Marv and discovered the rear wheel was 1/2" off center . Called Marv and he told me what had to be done to bring it back on center . It involved machining the hub and adding a spacer . I could explain the whole thing to you but this may not be your problem . Best thing to do is call Marv and see what he says .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Grand Canard wrote:
V-MAN wrote:Ricky -

Don
Don
Still have one issue remaining; bike NOT tracking straight. It pulls hard right, not sure what is wrong yet.
I lined-up rear wheel such that it is true with the front by placing 2 long, straight boards along-side and against the rear wheel, made sure the boards were straight by measuring the distance between boards behind and in front of the rear wheel, then measured the distance on both sides of the front wheel, was waaay off, so adjusted the rear wheel until same on both sides. It rode alot better, but still pulling right.
hmmm
Placed a straight edge along-side the outside of rear pulley and it exactly meets the outside of the front pulley; double confirmation.
Kewl metal front-end; might this be me problem? I didn't install it but did adjust it to raise the front end elevation profile.
Thought maybe the adjustable Kewl metal tube thingy might be un-even, basically one side longer than the other making it pull right, so measured from top of tree down to tube but both exactly the same. Maybe I need to remove the front wheel, free it up and check again?
It has one of Marv's rear wheel with a Nitto drag radial.
Any help would be appreciated, not sure what to do now.
Been raining, flooding in some areas, not able to ride anyway.
Ordered a exhaust header heat shield from Marv, heat from headers is intense even with the wrap. Might try triple wrapping, see if that helps, I like the look. I threw the heat shields away from my other bikes and used wrap; this nasty engine may require the shield.

Ricky -

Wow it sounds like you covered everything I would have. When you say the space between board and front tire was "wayyy off" how far are are you talking? Is the belt tracking straight? I have seen lots of hubs like Jack explained that have been off and would require machining and spacer to center the hub. I'm not personaly familiar with Kewl Metal front end, is it possible by raising the front profile would cause it to track off center (changing the geometry)? Have you tried/can you lower the KM to original position and see what results are? I'm kind of grasping here ... sorry.

I also like the headers without covers BUT if it gets that hot I'd add them too! Are the headers ceramic coated? I did an exhaust system once (not a V8 bike) that dropped the temps almost 20 degrees. I used Jet Hot then and on a few others since ... Maybe ceramic coating and couple wraps would allow you to run without the covers?

Good luck finding solution and please keep thread posted on results.

Don