Trike step plate upgrade

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Trike step plate upgrade

Post by CanuckHoss »

My 57 trike came with a step plate that is the checkerplate aluminum...always thought it looked CHEAP especially when they attached them with Robertson / no counter sunk screws...yuck.

So we thought last week upon looking once the body was back on that I would get then Rhino / bed liner sprayed.

They came back yesterday and the guys riveted them on..they look so much better in the black / speckled than the cheap aluminum look. Rhino cost me $45 USD and rivets about $7

There is one pic of the original and a couple of both sides of the steps
Attachments
IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2566.JPG
07chev57Pic11.jpg
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
mmaupin

Re: Trike step plate upgrade

Post by mmaupin »

Looks better and is better.
Regards,

Mark

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

CanuckHoss wrote:My 57 trike came with a step plate that is the checkerplate aluminum...always thought it looked CHEAP especially when they attached them with Robertson / no counter sunk screws...yuck.

So we thought last week upon looking once the body was back on that I would get then Rhino / bed liner sprayed.

They came back yesterday and the guys riveted them on..they look so much better in the black / speckled than the cheap aluminum look. Rhino cost me $45 USD and rivets about $7
Hey Barry, I did that 9 years ago to my diamond plate aluminum step plates before the original install to my trike. I had the aluminum sand blasted before the bed liner was sprayed on for better adhesion. No problems with peeling or cracking!
There is one pic of the original and a couple of both sides of the steps
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Barry, I did that 9 years ago before my original installation of my diamond plate aluminum step plates. I sand blasted them first before having the bed liner sprayed on for better adhesion. No problems with peeling or cracking if you do this. You'll like it! Triker
Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

Hi Barry, the plates look great. I to have the aluminum plates. :eye_crazy: Would you have the part # for that shifter boot? or can you lead me in the right direction.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mikie v wrote:Hi Barry, the plates look great. I to have the aluminum plates. :eye_crazy: Would you have the part # for that shifter boot? or can you lead me in the right direction.
Nice chatting on Messenger....have a great evening...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham