Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
craig haymaker

Re: Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

Post by craig haymaker »

TXscooterguy, I have an idea that makes more sense. Let Brian and crew do the tune on your trike and pay them for what they have rightfully earned. Take your receipt of payment, include a letter from your lawyer, and send it to the clowns in Dyersburg !
Again by the factory's choice, Brian is no longer affiliated with them, he remains his own company. I for one, am damn thankful that Brian and Co. is willing to even mess with these things, and do an out-of-the-park job to boot !
Craig H.
Last edited by craig haymaker on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

craig haymaker wrote:TXscooterguy, I have an idea that makes more sense. Let Brian and crew do the tune on your trike and pay them for what they have rightfully earned. Take your receipt of payment, include a letter from your lawyer, and send it to the clowns in Dyersburg!
Thanks Craig, but the last thing I want to start is more litigation. I'm still messing with Champion Sidecars over a warranty repair bill. I was hoping to spread the cost of the tune over those who will benefit from it. As I understand it, I would pay in full for the tune but have no proprietary ownership of it. But the shop could sell the tune to subsequent LS-300 owners for a profit.

That kind of saps my enthusiasm to throw a leg over the saddle and ride from Dallas to Lake Havasu City. A smarter man will wait until someone else has paid the full cost of the tune and then buy a flashed ECM and have it mailed to Dallas. Oh well.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:
craig haymaker wrote:TXscooterguy, I have an idea that makes more sense. Let Brian and crew do the tune on your trike and pay them for what they have rightfully earned. Take your receipt of payment, include a letter from your lawyer, and send it to the clowns in Dyersburg!
Thanks Craig, but the last thing I want to start is more litigation. I'm still messing with Champion Sidecars over a warranty repair bill. I was hoping to spread the cost of the tune over those who will benefit from it. As I understand it, I would pay in full for the tune but have no proprietary ownership of it. But the shop could sell the tune to subsequent LS-300 owners for a profit.

That kind of saps my enthusiasm to throw a leg over the saddle and ride from Dallas to Lake Havasu City. A smarter man will wait until someone else has paid the full cost of the tune and then buy a flashed ECM and have it mailed to Dallas. Oh well.
You should get some kind pf compensation for your efforts...otherwise as you say..sit back and wait for someone else to pay the big money and profit from there efforts.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

What your no seeing is the benefit is YOUR bike is tuned. The rest get a flash which SHOULD be close but every engine is a little different. The cost to dyno tune is $700 plus the ecu. So what your getting is a good running bike 100%.
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

I am anxiously awaiting the information and cost associated with this LS 485 tune so we can get it implemented as soon as possible. My Trike idles so bad and unpredictable that it is almost dangerous and I am very nervous to ride it in traffic. I would love to have it fixed so it runs like you would expect an awesome machine like this to run.
Last edited by BossHossMan on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Brian,will it make any difference if a person's '485'' has mufflers or straight pipes?My trike has straight pipes and just wondering how back pressure will effect the tune.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Hey Chris, have you heard from Uncle Brian ?
Craig H.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

I spoke to him last Wednesday and he said he didn't have a price on the tranny computer yet.If anyone else wants to get in on this group buy they better give Brian a call.We can all get a better price if there are more people buying in!As of now there is only myself and a friend of mine...not much of a group.
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

I believe Barry said he had 2 customers that would probably do it.
Then there's BossHossMan and myself.

I was waiting on some kind of consummation here. I will contact Brian by sundown, and get the bloody thing done.
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

I too thought we were waiting for an overview but I will give Brian a call tomorrow and confirm my commitment.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

I guess what Brian needs is a firm commitment from everyone to get this thing rolling.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

cevoel wrote:We can all get a better price if there are more people buying in!
When the numbers are finalized, will you let us know what the savings from the group buy are over going it alone? Am I right in assuming the savings will primarily be in the cost of the new unlocked ECMs. Once Brian has the unlocked ECMs, he's going to flash Craig Haymaker's tuning into them, right? It would be interesting to know what Brian would charge if one were to buy an unlocked ECM and send it directly to him for flashing.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Brian,
I called and left you a voice mail that I am committed to getting the ECU and Transmission Controller on my LS3 485HP reprogrammed and updated. I can't ride for a while so the sooner I can get it done the better.

I understand that I need a new ECU for the new program. That's fine with me. You can have my old ECU so I will send it to you when you say so.

As far as the Transmission Controller goes I will send you mine for re-propramming and return so I don't need a new Tranny Controller.

Thanks.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

CanuckHoss wrote:Brian..

For those less mechanical such as myself please explain the need for the trans module reprogram or change...thank you
Still waiting on an answer to this question..
CanuckHoss

Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

BossHossAZ I'm interested in the PCM and trans module for my 2012 Gangsta LS300. Please post when you have them or shoot me a call (347) 476-5342.
Thanks
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Anyone ever get ahold of Brian?I last spoke with him 2 weeks ago about cost of tcm and he never got back to me.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

cevoel wrote:Anyone ever get ahold of Brian?I last spoke with him 2 weeks ago about cost of tcm and he never got back to me.
I asked a question twice about the trans module and no answer.

The unfortunate truth here is that you can't sell if you DON'T communicate...simple as that
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

My 2 guys will NOT commit to anything following what has transpired here.

Maybe "WHEN" something is truly for sale and available the same day it is paid they may change their minds.
CanuckHoss

cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Not a good way to run a business.Brian can't be the only one on the planet that can tune these things!!!!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

cevoel wrote:Not a good way to run a business.Brian can't be the only one on the planet that can tune these things!!!!
There is a guy here in Canada about 2 hours from me..never met him but one member on here had his bike done there and swears by him. He uses a different ECM from wrecked vehicle is what I remember..could be wrong.

Maybe he will chime in here...and help us out????????
CanuckHoss

TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

cevoel wrote:Brian can't be the only one on the planet that can tune these things!!!!
Do you know if a Boss Hoss trike needs a special type of dyno to do the tuning? I called a bunch of car tuners here in DFW and nobody could (or wanted) to tune a trike.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

I have no clue I live in Upper Michigan and there are no tuners near me.
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Txscooterguy have you contacted Curtis from Texas Boss Hoss? I'm sure he can guide you in the right direction since he owns a LS trike.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Has anyone heard from Brian??????
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

cevoel wrote:Has anyone heard from Brian??????
Maybe if we send him some free "flywheel lube" he will start communicating????...this is a sad sad thread.
CanuckHoss