Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
craig haymaker

Re: Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

Post by craig haymaker »

Hey Guys, here is what I have just recently been told. Uncle Brian has been going through a "minor health setback" of some sort ! He has been receiving our request and correspondence, and "wants / intends" to get back to us. Now I know that if I were fighting Bone Marrow Cancer, well need I say more ?
It was mentioned also, that "no two LSx tune applications "ON A BOSS HOSS" will be the same" ! What was meant to be conveyed here is : Craig's trike was dyno tuned for his particular trike application. His trike now runs and lopes so awesome and like no tomorrow, but will others with the same configuration run the same on Craig's download ?? That's the chance one takes when buying a down load for these machines ! Forget the damn factory, they refuse to back their product, you're on your own here. ---- My justification for this tune ----
I live in eastern Washington, and for me (and the next very fortunate owner) is that it was so damn worth the 3195 mi. of total road miles, the one - way plane ticket, the motels, food and booze of course !
If we can afford to own a machine that very few could ever hope too, but so many drool over, and to be part of an extremely elite group of blessed owners; then we should be able to justify making them run right ! Damn, now I want to keep my trike, LOL ! Craig H.
Last edited by craig haymaker on Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Craig, Thanks for your intervention and update. It is easier to be patient when we know what is going on and our prayers go out for Brian's full recovery.
As to the issue of no two engines being exactly the same therefore the dyno tune for one Trike will not optimize all Trike engines is understood. It is not like the factory did a dyno on all these Trikes to optimize their performance before they left the factory. My understanding is that we now have a tune for the 445 HP engine (how far is that off optimum for a 485HP engine). Yet even as it is, I have so much power that when I hit it 65 mph it is scary. I still expect that Brian's tune will be a radical improvement over what I have today, especially in the area of idling "Craig's trike now runs and lopes so awesome and like no tomorrow". I can't hardly wait! Let's go!
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

BossHossMan, you are so right here. I never gave it a thought about the past Factory EFI tunes from the various vendors. Every bike and trike ran a little differently on the very same tune. OK, I'm sorry, I need to lighten up on the factory I guess !! Craig H.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

I just got off the phone with Brian,he said he was going to post something on here tonight.
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

cevoel wrote:I just got off the phone with Brian,he said he was going to post something on here tonight.
This is good news.

I've been thinking maybe I'd buy Craig the equipment he would need to copy his program(s) to new chips and set him up in business... we've got a few customers in line anyway... it'd be cheaper than buying his trike...

The whole situation sucks.

Craig, you do realize you've got to take care of that trike until a few more copies of that program are out there, right?

Brian - do what you've got to do. I feel bad that you're stuck dealing with a bunch of frustrated people, but I'm also sure you can understand our frustrations. Do what you have to, do what you can.
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Does anyone have the the specs on this cam shaft?
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

cevoel wrote:I just got off the phone with Brian,he said he was going to post something on here tonight.
Haven't heard anything since l last spoke with Brian a week ago?
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Sorry, I double posted.
Last edited by craig haymaker on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

I'm now Wondering if Brian is no longer interested in messing with these things ? FACT : He donated a lot of his company's time in perfecting some of the GM EFI programs AND building the new Holly system. Brians hopes and assumptions were that he would make that back as new models sold ! But to his dismay, and after Ricky handed the business back to Monte, Brian was dropping like a dirty shirt ! It appeares that Monte's brother law had a vendetta against anyone Ricky brought on board, for reasons I can't mention here ! Craig
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I see a huge communication issue with Brian on this thread...my guys want nothing to do with this any more. Maybe there is more to it than meets the eye Craig.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Barry, I sent you a PM. Craig
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

He's been sick, though, right Craig? Didn't you say he was battling cancer? Pretty hard to judge, when you don't know what path a guy was on, or is on, or is getting ready to be on...
Pat.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Personally here is how I see it. Whether or not Brian is interested in messing with these things any longer should not be the issue. He has a product that could help many people and he made numerous commitments to us over the past three or four months to provide that product. We have taken him at his word and counted on him. He may have spent some time and money developing these programs but at this point all he has to do is order the parts, download the program, ship it and collect the money. How hard is that? It no longer has anything to do with anybody but Brian. If he doesn’t want to do it himself he could have his assistant do it. I am 72 years old and this is the first time in my life that I have ever worked so hard and long to try to get someone to sell me something. I have sent him many emails and tried to call him many times. He does not even give me the courtesy of a response.

Brian, How about stepping up and doing the right!
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

In Craig’s thread started on Monday, September 12, 2016, titled “Update on LS-3 485 ECM Tune”, Craig discussed how good the new tune was. This led to a brief discussion about the “ECM Exchange Program” that Rick was going to, or did, initiate… this remains an unknown…

The point here, is, on October 16, 2016, Brian Macy posted the following…

"As far as I know you can send in your ecu to get updated to the current tune/exchange program already. I will find out the status tomorrow and find out for you guys."
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com

If you read between the lines, doesn’t this indicate that the “tune” was sent to The Factory? I’m just wondering if anyone has contacted a dealer or The Factory on this. I know I haven’t, guilty as charged. With all that’s happened, have we been pretty much caught up in maybe chasing the wrong rabbit?

On a whim, without much hope, I did search parts on The Factory’s website. Go to parts, electrical, components, you’ll find the modules, not the one we need, but we all know the website isn’t updated perfectly… just wondering…
BH Parts.JPG
Pat.
2crzy

Post by 2crzy »

Hey guys if you want the tune that is in the LS engines ECMs, my guy in Canada has all that. He is the guy who sent Brian Macy all the tunes and info from day one.
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

2crzy, I think the guy you are referring to did mine. I had so many problems with the factory tunes being less than satisfactory. I have personally been to the factory so many times and could never get it ironed out. Finally your guy in Canada sent me one, at a very reasonable price and I couldn't be happier. I have the 445 but I recommended him to a friend who has a 300 and he is very happy also. Your guy is the man. He could solve all the ECM problems with BH
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Name and number please.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

2crzy wrote:Hey guys if you want the tune that is in the LS engines ECMs, my guy in Canada has all that. He is the guy who sent Brian Macy all the tunes and info from day one.
Is it the same guy that we sent an ECM to a few years ago and he opened it up but did not retune because the trike was not there???
CanuckHoss

2crzy

Post by 2crzy »

Yes it is Berry, he broke the code to get into it but he needed the bike so he could tune it on the Dyno. He is the one who has been given all the information to Brian Macy since Ricky and the guys bought Boss Hoss. Brian didn't have a clue how to program those things until Linden stepped him through it. He has done several since then and they all work great. But the ideal situation would be to have a trike or bike to put on the Dyno and then it would be tumed properly to that particular unit.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

2crzy wrote:Yes it is Berry, he broke the code to get into it but he needed the bike so he could tune it on the Dyno. He is the one who has been given all the information to Brian Macy since Ricky and the guys bought Boss Hoss. Brian didn't have a clue how to program those things until Linden stepped him through it. He has done several since then and they all work great. But the ideal situation would be to have a trike or bike to put on the Dyno and then it would be tumed properly to that particular unit.
So really only my one customer who lives in Lethbridge would get a 100% tune on the Dyno and everyone else could be a bit iffy without the Dyno run?
CanuckHoss

2crzy

Post by 2crzy »

Not at all, you only need one unit to Dyno test with. Have to set the engine to the transmission and all the shift parameters. That ECM will go into any trike that has the same engine in it, and have a complete top notch tune. Once you have the code made for one unit you can copy thousands of them all the same. That's why he wanted that trike. That guy would've had a hell of a deal of getting his tuned, and used as a template for all the other trikes.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

2crzy wrote:Not at all, you only need one unit to Dyno test with. Have to set the engine to the transmission and all the shift parameters. That ECM will go into any trike that has the same engine in it, and have a complete top notch tune. Once you have the code made for one unit you can copy thousands of them all the same. That's why he wanted that trike. That guy would've had a hell of a deal of getting his tuned, and used as a template for all the other trikes.
OK..thanks for clearing that up.

So Brian had Craig's to dyno and get set up so should be a simple drop that tune into an ECM for a customer..I don't understand the non response from him to people wanting to buy...oh well.
CanuckHoss

cevoel

Post by cevoel »

So who is this guy?????????
3FOR2

Let's bring this to a close...

Post by 3FOR2 »

2crzy
Hey guys if you want the tune that is in the LS engines ECMs, my guy in Canada has all that. He is the guy who sent Brian Macy all the tunes and info from day one.

2crzy…
Yes it is Berry, he broke the code to get into it but he needed the bike so he could tune it on the Dyno. He is the one who has been given all the information to Brian Macy since Ricky and the guys bought Boss Hoss. Brian didn't have a clue how to program those things until Linden stepped him through it. He has done several since then and they all work great. But the ideal situation would be to have a trike or bike to put on the Dyno and then it would be tumed properly to that particular unit.

57chevygirl
2crzy, I think the guy you are referring to did mine. I had so many problems with the factory tunes being less than satisfactory. I have personally been to the factory so many times and could never get it ironed out. Finally your guy in Canada sent me one, at a very reasonable price and I couldn't be happier. I have the 445 but I recommended him to a friend who has a 300 and he is very happy also. Your guy is the man. He could solve all the ECM problems with BH

I’m wondering if we can’t bring this to a close. The purpose of this board is to help other riders. This thread has been going on for two months. There seems to be the answer out there, yet we can’t nail it down? There are several people here, with cash/credit card in hand, just looking for a little help. Sure, it’s just a handful of us - no one is going to get rich. But I’m sure none us want something for nothing. I don’t understand why this has to be so hard. A name, a number, an email. Just a “Hey, contact this guy, he’ll help you out”.
Pat.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Pat...I don't know the guy...never met...only shipped an ECM 4 years ago to crack and crack he did...but nothing ever became of it..

Richard...aka 2crzy...was my contact for him so he is the guy!!

Sounds like I would have to talk my customer that is 2 hours from him to take his trike there if this is going to happen.
CanuckHoss