✔️ YOUR OEM TRANS. OIL COOLER!!

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
craig haymaker

✔️ YOUR OEM TRANS. OIL COOLER!!

Post by craig haymaker »

Another Craig Tech Tip here :
On the 2012-2014 LSx platformed bikes & trikes, take a close look at the lower weld attached transmission oil cooler. Upon close inspection I found that it's fins were very soft material, and were formed or bent in a "S" shaped manner - throughout the entire thickness ? As a result air or light would not go through it's core !
I called Saldana Racing Products, (they produce our LSx radiators) they sounded stumped, and said that it should not be this way ! So my dealer worked w/ BH to resolve this just barely still in warranty issue. From what I was told, the factory then went in search and outsourced a heavier grade oil cooler for Saldana to weld to the bottom of a new replacement radiator. And heavier indeed it is, now with much sturdier fins, clear clean air and light passage through it's core thickness, just like the radiator! I assume that this heavier grade cooler, has been welded to the radiators since ?
So ✔️'em guys and gals. Craig H.
2crzy

Re: ✔️ YOUR OEM TRANS. OIL COOLER!!

Post by 2crzy »

That trans cooler that is on the bottom of the rad does absolutely nothing for cooling. The is no air flow down there for it. I took mine right off and put an oil cooler in front of the rad. My trans never gets over 150 now. The engine stays cool as well.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

2crzy, good input. So you cut the welds that hold the cooler to the radiator ? Craig H.
2crzy

Post by 2crzy »

Yes cut the welds and grind them smooth like the cooler was never there. It absolute garbage!!!!
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

2crzy, so you felt it's location was the problem ? Ok, also was your oem cooler like mine, with soft folded fins, where neither air or light could pass through ?

Thanks, Craig H.